It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image was his Dad

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't think anyone is denying that it could be traumatic for him. It's just that we think it's unlikely. But yeah we can demand better.

How about this...something original. If you have no proof it didn't happen, and no good reason to believe the messenger a liar...you accept that it is possible and could have happened. And even if it didn't...you come to good conclusions based upon that possibility.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Do you think Trump would refute something fake ..if it served him? just food for thought.

link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Yeah. I think it's possible. But it's pretty ironic that many ATS members have accepted the unnamed source as a gospel truth on this story.

link   

A man shoots to celebrity status by doing something stupid. A celebrity falls to crazy nut job status by doing something stupid.

You're saying that Kathy Griffin's speech is more powerful because of her celebrity status. I disagree. A celebrity can fall from grace as fast as a nobody can shoot to stardom for doing something stupid.

How about that Ted Nugent visiting the Trump White House a few weeks ago? Eh?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

How? By censoring offensive free speech? Where do you draw the line?

I think the Secret Service will determine if it rises to level of government censorship, etc.

As citizens, consumers, viewers, readers, posters, voters, and so on, we have various means of making our demands known, and acting accordingly if our demands are not met.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yeah. I think it's possible. But it's pretty ironic that many ATS members have accepted the unnamed source as a gospel truth on this story.

I understand completely. But it isn't like someone's going to get in trouble, fired, etc. Even if it were untrue...it hurts no one to accept otherwise.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Your last line should be a bumper sticker, a t-shirt and a freakin' campaign slogan!

Wouldn't that be refreshing???

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Then how about we focus on the deed, how traumatic it could be for any child -- including Barron -- and agree that this should never be acceptable by anyone towards anyone, and demand better from everyone???

cause i am doubting the trauma
and i dont agree with the rest cause it does not bother me.

i agree that it was in bad taste just cause she knew what she was doing and she knew it was going to hit people hard...
clearly people can not handle it
had it been actually funny i wouldnt feel it was in bad taste

she was going for shock and she got it

did it bother me? not at all
i saw it and dismissed it.

i started paying attention when people like you reacted all outrageous like
i think it is funny cause this is just the thing of now.

in a month there will be something else people like you freak over and over react to

remember when charlie sheen called chuck lorrie a hymie? people lost their #.
he was fired from the network. he was made to apologize
then in sort time he had another show and was back on top more popular than ever

remember when don imus called the basketball players nappy headed hoes? people lost it over that too
he was fired. sharpton rallied against him. he had to apologize

in short time he had another show...popular as ever

this is the same kind of deal

its fake outrage

the image is so disturbing that she had to apologize and take it down yet all the news pimps it out. people are so outraged by it being so over the line they keep tweeting it to their people

its a big ass joke

the outrage is not real

and for the record..the imus thing

i always thought it was hilarious that the girls had a problem with being called nappy headed but did not say one thing about being called a hoe

its all faux, manufactured outrage crap. this has to take up time on the tickers and fill the rotation till the next thing comes along they you will freak out over

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

But yeah we can demand better.

personally i demand people stop with this fake outrage and cries that she is an isis sympathizer cause she posted 1 image.

all this over 1 image in a free country in 2017

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Woohoo!!! I'm happy to start from there.

And going forward, I will make a point to call out all such behavior by any party for what it is so we can start to take that issue off the table as well. It's just not acceptable either.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It makes me wonder of the whole thing was actually planned and she was in on it.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

A man shoots to celebrity status by doing something stupid. A celebrity falls to crazy nut job status by doing something stupid.

You're saying that Kathy Griffin's speech is more powerful because of her celebrity status. I disagree. A celebrity can fall from grace as fast as a nobody can shoot to stardom for doing something stupid.

How about that Ted Nugent visiting the Trump White House a few weeks ago? Eh?

All I'm saying is this. There are nuts in this world. Lots of nuts...all kinds...everywhere. A "wife-beater" wearing guy that needs a shave, probably half drunk or Schlitz, standing on a dumpster with a half ass effigy of Obama isn't quite as disturbing to me as a person with a job, in the public, on TV hanging a severed head of Trump.

I can forgive the redneck. After all...he is a redneck and may or not remember the picture. Griffin set up and scheduled a photo shoot, saw the picture and decided to include it on her resume...on TV. That was intelligence turned stupid while the redneck was stupid continuing.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Woohoo!!! I'm happy to start from there.

And going forward, I will make a point to call out all such behavior by any party for what it is so we can start to take that issue off the table as well. It's just not acceptable either.

Free speech is a tricky thing. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. And Kathy got YUUUUUUGE consequences.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

personally i demand people stop with this fake outrage and cries that she is an isis sympathizer cause she posted 1 image.

all this over 1 image in a free country in 2017

Oh I'm with you. The fake outrage comparing her to ISIS is ridiculous.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Do you think Trump would refute something fake ..if it served him?

When it involves his 11-year-old-son, yes, I would sure hope so -- but I would not hold my breath.

And for what it's worth, I have considered that he may have leaked or planted this story to his good friend at TMZ... or at least given some indication he would not object if someone else did -- the old wink-wink-nudge-nudge. But I reject that for the same reasons.

Never say never, but the vast majority of parents would not put their child in that position, and I have to give Trump and Melania the benefit of the doubt until I know otherwise.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

It makes me wonder of the whole thing was actually planned and she was in on it.

does not seem outside the realm of possibility these days

its so tiring

i cant think of any more examples off the top of my head but it happens all the time. griffin, sheen, and imus are not isolated incidents

someone says something. people freak out. someone gets s spanking. someone has to apologize.
people move on to the next thing
someone is back more popular than ever

thats why i love frank zappa so much
he said a lot of # that pissed a lot of people off and people demanded apologies from him and they never got it
he didnt apologize

its all crap

the apologies are crap

so people really think they are sincere? they never are
griffin is not sorry
sheen was not sorry
imus was not sorry

its just something they had to do if they wanted back on the air in short order

sheen was making hundreds of thousands of dollars per episode and it was yanked
he was sorry he lost his paper not that he called lorre a hymie

just like griffin is not sorry about this

she might be sorry she is catching # about it. sorry for herself her jobs are going away. not sorry she said it

she joked that she was going to have to move to mexico while they were doing the shoot cause she knew people would flip

she knew exactly what she was doing

she got the reaction she wanted.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You're going to think I'm joking...but I'm not. This is simple genius! ATS should change "Deny Ignorance" to my friends statement, "We know better. We should damn well do better."

That is almost a movement I could get behind. No pointing fingers, not right or left...just a general statement to everyone in the world!!! Terrorists...racists...criminals...Clinton (sorry...had to).

It applies equally to everyone...everywhere in every walk of life.
edit on 5/31/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Fair enough..I have less faith in him, it's all good

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
. That was intelligence turned stupid while the redneck was stupid continuing.

i dont think so

i think she knew exactly what was going to happen

do you think she thought people were going to flag it as awesome and pat her on the back?

i dont think so

she said her and the photographer were going to have to move to mexico once the pic came out

she knew what the reaction was going to be

maybe it is coming on a little stronger than expected but she knew people were going to be shocked and flip. that was the point

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
You're going to think I'm joking...but I'm not. This is simple genius! ATS should change "Deny Ignorance" to my friends statement, "We know better. We should damn well do better."

That is almost a movement I could get behind. No pointing fingers, not right or left...just a general statement to everyone in the world!!! Terrorists...racists...criminals...Clinton (sorry...had to).

It applies equally to everyone...everywhere in every walk of life.

LOL. I like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join