It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image was his Dad

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Khaleesi

I wasn't a member then and neither were you. But, you are welcome to go back through the threads and find right wingers condemning that and the Obama pictorial mutilations on behalf of the children! Please do so before decrying my accusations of blatant right wing hypocrisy.

That's the difference between me and you. I'm willing to take your word for it. If an avowed liberal tells me it was disgusting to put W's head on a spike, I accept it and move on. You still can't say it though can you? Did you approve of them putting W's head on a spike? Yes or no? I promise I'll accept your word on it if you say "No".

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

To be honest, I wasn't aware of such a "head on a spike" effigy of Bush. But I would have bristled at its sight, just like I did over the Kathy Griffin picture. But, please note, Bush didn't go out seeking support against such effigies by implicating his daughters' emotional states as motivation. Neither did the Obamas. This is a Trump tactic.
edit on 31-5-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Who is being "Muslim-esque" (implying all Muslims chop off heads, which is ignorant in itself) other than Kathy Griffin? Why are you using such broad strokes to lump an entire demographic in with the actions of one person?

So ignorant.
edit on 5/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Odd that people accept unnamed source as truth this time.

Personally, I am giving the benefit of the doubt because we are talking about a young child. I don't like to give the benefit of the doubt...EVER. But when it comes to a kid, I am more generous than usual.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Personally, I am giving the benefit of the doubt because we are talking about a young child. I don't like to give the benefit of the doubt...EVER. But when it comes to a kid, I am more generous than usual.

perfect example though of why people get emotional when it comes to the children.

youre giving it the benefit of the doubt because we are talking about a kid

perfect

a credible source is not needed when talking about the children
got it
edit on 31-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

it might have happened but using it for political gain is tacky.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

it might have happened but using it for political gain is tacky.

absolutely.
might have happend

who needs a legit source on this one though?
kids and all

this one can not be dismissed
edit on 31-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Gargamel

No reason why he wouldn't be. If he was mature enough to watch the news then he should be mature enough to recognize that the head was a prop and not end up screaming mommy, mommy.

Makes it harder to have it both ways.

Who says you need to be mature to watch the news. Who even said that it was the news he was watching. Have you ever seen a commercial for the news while watching another program? It usually goes like this " Tonight on the 6 o'clock news.....Trump beheaded by Kathy Griffen" or some other such sensationalized comment. I can totally see this happening.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

ive brought it up about 5 times in this thread and nobody has even responded to it

I have, in fact, addressed that in this thread, though I will assume not to you.

Melania has personally addressed the photo though not her son; but she did not refute it. Her statement and Trump's statement supported it.

"As a mother, a wife, and a human being, that photo is very disturbing," the first lady said in a statement issued by her press secretary, Stephanie Grisham, in response to a reporter's question late Wednesday morning. "When you consider some of the atrocities happening in the world today, a photo opportunity like this is simply wrong and makes you wonder about the mental health of the person who did it."

Her response was decidedly more subdued than that of President Trump, who tweeted earlier Wednesday: "Kathy Griffin should be ashamed of herself. My children, especially my 11-year-old son, Barron, are having a hard time with this. Sick!"

Melania Trump on Kathy Griffin stunt: 'That photo is very disturbing'

If you can find a retraction and/or clarification, please feel free to post it. I will do the same.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The GWB head on a spike was a joke by the set dressers on Game of Thrones. I believe it was series 2 where they panned across the wall of Kings Landing and there were several heads on spikes that King Joffrey had placed as a warning. One, it turns out, was a mask of GW that had been used by the prop makers. It was a blink or you'll miss it moment. Nobody even noticed when first broadcast, but after the DVD release it was spotted, and it became a thing. The makers had to apologise, and a split second cut was made to exclude the offending head for all future prints of the DVD. Storm in a tea cup.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

A lot of things may have happened.

A PR stunt is one of them.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'll take that a step further and say that even if this particular story about Barron is not true, I still know that it could be true, and if not Barron now it can just as easily be another child later... unless people decide there's a better way soon.

With the one exception of Patty Reagan who sought the spotlight (and was an adult so therefore free to do so), I have always been disgusted by anyone bringing the children of politicians of any political party into the fray. It's just not acceptable.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

She did not confirm nor deny the story.

link   

Who even said that it was the news he was watching. Have you ever seen a commercial for the news while watching another program? It usually goes like this " Tonight on the 6 o'clock news.....Trump beheaded by Kathy Griffen" or some other such sensationalized comment. I can totally see this happening.

Thank you for adding that! I kept meaning to make the same point and then kept forgetting to do so. Doh!

link   

that was not the story from the OP that everyone jumped on though
i posted that story

unnamed source close to the family

link   

My 11yo son calls me Mom,but my 19yo daughter calls me Mamma,the Afrikaans word for mommy,used usually by younger children.And she is a very independent,mature young woman.Just saying,to provide perspective on that particular angle.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: introvert

a comic who shocks should be investigated for ties to isis

Ya, the ISIS comparisons are simply absurd.

Political hyperbole and fake outrage for the sake of partisanship.

No they're not. They are spot on. It reminds me of a Geico commercial: "That's what they do."

Be-headings and decapitations stretches back many hundreds of years, if not thousands and was performed by many different types of people for many different reasons.

You are attaching this to ISIS because it is current and fits your political narrative.

How stupid is that reasoning! Of course beheadings go back hundreds of years! That's why in today's world we call these acts BARBARIC when perpetrated by ISIS and other groups that have reverted to times when beheadings were prevalent.

THAT'S why I'm attaching this to ISIS. Get it! "It's what they do!"

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

She did not confirm nor deny the story.

true
she didnt say # about baron screaming mommy mommy

and since thrones was mentioned i wonder how many people here crying over this image are thrones fans..
i would be interested to know

since game of thrones fake
and the head kathy was holding was fake

i wonder how many sit back and enjoy one of the most violent shows around only to be highly disturbed by this

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Of course you can attach this to ISIS all you want. It still doesn't prove her true intention.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

My 11yo son calls me Mom,but my 19yo daughter calls me Mamma,the Afrikaans word for mommy,used usually by younger children.And she is a very independent,mature young woman.Just saying,to provide perspective on that particular angle.

yeah but we dont speak afrikans in the states

i do call my daughter laaitie though

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join