It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEAR CNN: Circulation Of FALSE Information To SABOTAGE A Presidency Is A FELONY

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

That's for the courts to decide.

If there was that sort of speech then appropriate action will be taken. But until that day...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I agree. News is news. You can not bend the truth.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Does the same apply when it is people inside of government manufacturing the lies?

We all know how much involvement the government/corporate alliance has in creating the "news".

Operation Mockingbird was just the tip of the iceberg. This isn't an independent voice pumping the lies, it is taxpayer funded government forces.

Otherwise, I agree with your statement fully.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes they keep breaking the law but there is no actual intent. This is how they will claim it. They should rot for it honestly.

They want us as individuals and divided. Team HUMAN was god and natures intent.

In criminal law, intent is one of three general classes of mens rea necessary to constitute a conventional, as opposed to strict liability, crime. A more formal, generally synonymous legal term is scienter: intent or knowledge of wrongdoing.

The intent of the left and the media, when knowingly stating falsehoods and/or presenting unsupported "rumors" as facts is intended in this example to cause obstruction to the Presidency and therefore our Democracy. The intent to demonize President Trump is 100% there. There are many, many, many promises and expressions of hate from the left and the media about Trump therefore, they are bias. So...if they hate an individual...if they make up lies and fabrications...the intent is to hurt that person and/or their job. All that is required then is to show damage. That part is easy.

Lets get this lawsuit going!!!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Coming from the Right Wing, I find this all very hypocritical.

That's your opinion, sure.

But what about the actual topic and law?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Coming from the Right Wing, I find this all very hypocritical.

I'm not from the Right-wing but find this very revealing. The Left-wing media is guilty of printing lies and they should be held accountable. If the Right-wing media did the same thing I would want the same justice.
edit on 21-5-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

a reply to: burntheships

We can start with the GOP impeaching Clinton over his affair with that woman but only got him when he lied about it. Meanwhile, the very same GOP'ers pushing for it were also having affairs themselves. Or we can start with their constant attacks on Obama, e.g. The Birther BS. Right Wing media was always attacking Obama trying to find a way to get him out of office & not every attack was at all based in reality. How do you forget this?

Show me the articles where the Right-wing media was trying to find a way to get Obama out of office. I missed those.

If you think the Right-wing media attacked Obama similarly to how the Left-wing media is attacking Trump then you are delusional. There is not even a remote comparison between the two. The Right-wing media loved to point out what a spineless "leader" Obama was and what an apologist he was. The negative coverage of Obamacare was well warranted because it was the worst piece of legislation passed in our history in case you haven't been paying attention. What else? Where did the Right-wing media intentionally print false statements about Obama? Show me.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Nice find, now lets get this to AG Sessions. Start the indictment.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
the reason clinton was in trouble in the first place was not because he was giving interns the sausage but because of disappeared money and the whole lewinsky thing was a way to divert ayyention away from that people more forgiving of a good looking ladies man than a thief.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
What an effing stupid thread.

So.. what are you going to do.. arrest all of CNN for their evil transgressions? Shoot them in a firing line? Life in prison for all? How about.. Trump stops acting like a moronic buffoon, giving media outlets a plethora of ammunition to shoot his dumb ass on a weekly basis. Yea.. how about that instead.

Yeah and if that gal didn't want to get raped, she shouldn't have dressed like that, right?

Don't say it's not the same because you all know it is.

It's also a conspiracy when more than 1 Chicken Noodle News outlet are in on sabotaging the presidency.

Which falls under sedition. Don't forget, corporations are people too and can be charged as such.

I think these guys need a good and thorough audit.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: xuenchen
DEAR CNN: Circulation Of FALSE Information To SABOTAGE A Presidency Is A FELONY

DEAR TRUMP: The circulation of classified information that puts lives in jeopardy, to our 'enemies', is an impeachable felony!
(Pay no attention to the huge elephant in the room, distract to the 'false news' (anything threatening to Trump)...)

'True' and 'false' is merely a matter of Perspective, as Trump has noted.
News is news is news is entertainment.
If you are naive enough to 'believe' it, the onus is on you.

Well, were you saying the DOJ go after Hillary and Obama for aiding and abetting ISIS? I didn't think so but what is fair for one is fair for all.

That 'fair' for all stuff is deaming. One gets all the justice money can buy.
Now, on to present matters;
Trump is present, and old crap with others in the past is not.
One is relevant, the other is not.
And because someone 'gets away' with something, is no rational excuse that your man should be allowed to Slide!
The law doesn't vanish as soon as one learns to flaunt it doing end runs, like Trump.
The guy in front of me didn't get stopped for speeding, I did.
Way life goes.

We aren't at war with Russia but we are with ISIS....

Some would say that Russia's cyber attacks and meddling in the election is an act of war.
We are certainly polarizing, it appears, the US and Russia, but nothing new there.
Face it, Trump is an untrustworthy corrupt buffoon, leaking, sputtering, stabbing his coterie in the back... and probably going senile.
Now he's morphing into Nixon.
I have to be honest, here, I LOVE the Trump Show!
The dramas all over the world, and his part in it, is the best entertainment EVER! *__-
I will miss him.

Think about these thing carefully, you are treading on yourself by following the lead of those who would have your very freedoms.

I do not suffer from the vain 'belief' in 'freedom', thus are not disappointed when the notion is found to be a 'mirage'.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: namelesss

Hey, If Hillary can do it with classified servers, then why cant Trump? (That was a tad sarcastic just in case one missed it)

Exactly, poor logic! *__-
If Hillary were POTUS, then her emails and what all would be pressing relevant!
She is old news.
Receding in the rear-view.
No longer available for distraction and diversion.
We are Here! Now! in Trumpland.
Now HE is relevant!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Sounds like someone needs to appoint a special prosecutor to 'look into' all this CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, WaPo, and TNYT noise.

Maybe some charges could be filed?

It's funny you left Fox News out of your list. That's says a lot ...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Let's see what that code actually says:

(a) Criminal Violation.—
(1)In general.—Whoever engages in any conduct with intent to convey false or misleading information under circumstances where such information may reasonably be believed and where such information indicates that an activity has taken, is taking, or will take place that would constitute a violation of chapter 2, 10, 11B, 39, 40, 44, 111, or 113B of this title, section 236 of the Atomic: Energy Act of 1954 (42 U.S.C. 2284), or section 46502, the second sentence of section 46504, section 46505(b)(3) or (c), section 46506 if homicide or attempted homicide is involved, or section 60123(b) of title 49, shall—
(A) be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;
(B) if serious bodily injury results, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and
(C) if death results, be fined under this title or imprisoned for any number of years up to life, or both.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Let's read the fine print:

The Atomic Energy Act of 1954:

42 U.S. Code § 2284 - Sabotage of nuclear facilities or fuel

(a) Physical damage to facilities, etc.Any person who knowingly destroys or causes physical damage to—
(1) any production facility or utilization facility licensed under this chapter;
(2) any nuclear waste treatment, storage, or disposal facility licensed under this chapter;
(3) any nuclear fuel for a utilization facility licensed under this chapter, or any spent nuclear fuel from such a facility;
(4) any uranium enrichment, uranium conversion, or nuclear fuel fabrication facility licensed or certified by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission;
(5) any production, utilization, waste storage, waste treatment, waste disposal, uranium enrichment, uranium conversion, or nuclear fuel fabrication facility subject to licensing or certification under this chapter during construction of the facility, if the destruction or damage caused or attempted to be caused could adversely affect public health and safety during the operation of the facility;
(6) any primary facility or backup facility from which a radiological emergency preparedness alert and warning system is activated; or
(7) any radioactive material or other property subject to regulation by the Commission that, before the date of the offense, the Commission determines, by order or regulation published in the Federal Register, is of significance to the public health and safety or to common defense and security; [1]
or attempts or conspires to do such an act, shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned for not more than 20 years, or both, and, if death results to any person, shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life.
(b) Unauthorized use or tampering with facilities, etc.
Any person who knowingly causes an interruption of normal operation of any such facility through the unauthorized use of or tampering with the machinery, components, or controls of any such facility, or attempts or conspires to do such an act, shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned for not more than 20 years, or both, and, if death results to any person, shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Please explain how saying mean things about Donald Trump jeopardizes the physical integrity of our nuclear facilities?

edit on 22-5-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The media doesn't care about laws, they view themselves as the controllers of peoples awareness and emotions regarding world events.

Exclusive rights to mind meld the most of the masses, most of the time.

So Trump rocks that apple cart by declaring CNN a Fake News entity.

The Horror... of course they are going to full time nitpick him about everything. Their Humpty Dumpty image was shattered.
edit on 22-5-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Knowingly publishing false news stories with negative intent is the definition of slander.

Proving it is probably extraordinarily hard unless someone turns and confesses.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Crock of crap- this president is despicable ----- period.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

So, it looks like we have a new SJW moderator.

So much for the freedom of voicing your opinion.

As far as the Federal statue goes, a written formal compliant to the U.S. Attorney's Office of the jurisdiction in question would start the ball rolling.

Buck

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Biased still doesn't mean not true. No matter HOW RUDE YOU GET...
edit on 5222017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join