It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEAR CNN: Circulation Of FALSE Information To SABOTAGE A Presidency Is A FELONY

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So you are going to continue to cling to this lie? The article cited in the OP is a lie. Please go back and read this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread should at the very least be moved to LOL.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Not sure if you are trying to be funny...or simply stupid. It is about claiming something is a fact when it is not...when claiming something is true when it hasn't been proven. I'll give you an example.

If someone tells me that you like to start a little girls and I go on the air as a news caster and state the "He likes to stare sexually at underage girls"...that is a lie. First...I don't know that what was told to me is true. I'm supposed to check my sources, find other evidence of the statement, etc. before I can fairly state it as a fact. And even then...like any criminal "being reported upon...the words "allegedly", "believed", "may be" come into play very often.

A paid and employed REPORTER that spreads rumor and/or lies like any person may on the internet is not a REPORTER. They are at best an opinion and at worst a troll. And they can be sued for libel if the information they stated as fact is in fact...not.
edit on 5/23/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You crack me up, you want to live in a world where the media can spew whatever lies they want, because at this moment it suits your agenda, but what when it is counter productive to your agenda? Will you still support the media trying to tear the country apart?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

If someone tells me that you like to start a little girls and I go on the air as a news caster and state the "He likes to stare sexually at underage girls"...that is a lie.

That depends on whether or not the statement is true, not whether or not you are a reporter. If someone tells you :"So-and-so likes to look at girls," the statement "someone told me So-and-so likes to look at girls," is true, whether or not So-and-so really likes to look at girls. That's how logic works. The question is whether the someone who made the statement is truthful.

The White House's problem is that people in a position to know are talking to the media. What they are saying is true, which is why even Trump calls the statements "leaks" rather than "rumors" or "lies." Naturally, anyone on the White House staff who wishes to retain their job is going to insist on anonymity.

Even so, it does not matter. The law quoted in the OP does not apply to press statements in general, only statements about nuclear facilities that may cause a general panic. In the early phases of the Cold War, Halloween, 1938 was still on everyone's mind.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

You crack me up, you want to live in a world where the media can spew whatever lies they want, because at this moment it suits your agenda, but what when it is counter productive to your agenda? Will you still support the media trying to tear the country apart?

And you frighten me. You want to live in a world where one man, the President of the United States, can determine what everyone else on Earth is permitted to say.

It is the duty of every citizen in a democracy to educate themselves in critical thinking so that lies can be seen for what they are. The media has reported everything that Donald Trump has said accurately. Anyone with critical thinking skills can see that he is a liar at best, delusional at worst.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: fatkid

And you frighten me. You want to live in a world where one man, the President of the United States, can determine what everyone else on Earth is permitted to say.

It is the duty of every citizen in a democracy to educate themselves in critical thinking so that lies can be seen for what they are. The media has reported everything that Donald Trump has said accurately. Anyone with critical thinking skills can see that he is a liar at best, delusional at worst.

The law dictates what people can say without punishment.
Those laws exist in America too and were in place long before Trump became your President.

The only thing that is frightening on one hand (whilst also pathetic on the other) is the idea that anyone can say whatever they want with impunity, no matter the implications on others.
edit on 23/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Those laws exist in America too and were in place long before Trump became your President.

In fact, they were one of the first constitutional crises, dating back to the War of 1812. The idea is that one can express opinions, but not publish lies that can harm a reputation (libel) or endanger national security. The precedent is that if government wrongdoing is exposed, however the information is obtained, it is legal speech and cannot be punished.

The only thing that is frightening on one hand (whilst also pathetic on the other) is the idea that anyone can say whatever they want with impunity, no matter the implications on others.

So you are you take comfort in a government that can punish people who expose its corruption?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Oh great argument...not

Because you'd make sure the info is at least somewhat credible.
You'd know your source even if you don't reveal your source.

Too bad these headlines about trump and his administration are ALL TRUE .

He's on a sinking ship.

Obstruction of justice...

History in the making but I doubt this was what trump had in mind for his legacy.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

They can't just say anything they want you are correct.
The Whitehouse is leaking like a sieve.
They are not making up the news, they're reporting what they're being told.
They do not have to reveal their sources. That protects the reporter, the source and the news agency.

I really don't understand what's happening here.
The news reports day after day what a failure this administration is and you guys can somehow just keep denying it.

Then go flippin bonkers over ridiculous stories about Seth Rich being murdered by the Clinton's.

I mean really. It's crazy is what it is.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

No one lives in that world.
The news can't just publish lies about a person.

This news is A L L T R U E .

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Even so, it does not matter. The law quoted in the OP does not apply to press statements in general, only statements about nuclear facilities that may cause a general panic. In the early phases of the Cold War, Halloween, 1938 was still on everyone's mind.

Why don't you navigate up one level and look at section 47 in general. It covers basically all situations where people are required to be truthful.

The specific code regarding hoaxes is usually applied to false police reports / prank 911 calls.

There could be a case made for a false crime being reported by the media. The media could pass blame to their sources if they exist.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet

The media could pass blame to their sources if they exist.

But even then the media could be forced to reveal sources, or face jail...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

In fact, they were one of the first constitutional crises, dating back to the War of 1812. The idea is that one can express opinions, but not publish lies that can harm a reputation (libel) or endanger national security. The precedent is that if government wrongdoing is exposed, however the information is obtained, it is legal speech and cannot be punished.

So you are you take comfort in a government that can punish people who expose its corruption?

No I take comfort in liars in the media being punished. They are not exposing corruption, they are partaking in it.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

You may believe that...that's on you. I happen to know...You're wrong.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

You hit the nail on the head.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
ROFLMFAO you do know that FOX news would be the #1 source of misinformation, then probably msnbc. Do you know how they initially reported Comey's firing? "COMEY RESIGNS" was their headline. Dave Chappelle was right this is The Age of Spin and if something can be twisted to fit into your world view they'll do it because they pander to their demographics for ratings.

It's up to the individual to wade through all this crap. As for the negative coverage and the Harvard study that says most Trump coverage is negative since he became president...

Did it ever occur to you that all this negative coverage is a result of his actions? Do you want know what FOX News was sh*tting on Obama for at this point in his presidency!? He puts Dijon or spicy mustard on his hamburger. They called the segment "President PouPon". Hilarious and makes Americans thing he's some sort of frenchie communist, but that's the BEST they had!

While on the other hand Trump has given the liberal media a god damn treasure trove with his statements alone, never mind the constant white house leaks. The media has more ammunition against Trump than they had under Obama or W Bush. Also it's much harder to keep secrets nowadays.

The media is biased for ratings. Trump scandals gives news media ratings so they cover them non-stop. The free market has spoken. Don't like it, write your president and tell him to tone it down like mike pence or go join a communist country where you don't have to worry about corporate greed.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe I will start referring to them as Criminal News Network, sorta just rolls off the tongue innit??
CNN broadcasts to foreign countries as well. I saw it in Tunisia while there with my husband.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Outlier13

You may believe that...that's on you. I happen to know...You're wrong.

It's not what I believe...it is verbatim what you wrote. It's in plain print in your previous post.

"No media is knowingly publishing lies"

That's laughable.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

So you are going to continue to cling to this lie? The article cited in the OP is a lie. Please go back and read this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread should at the very least be moved to LOL.
And yet you started your own thread calling for "conservative media outlets" to be charged with colluding with "the State" to undermine the State by colliding with the Russians. Have a good lol 😂

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

I'm convinced Fox is the controlled opposition in the Hegelian Dialectic of the Deep State. But doesn't make CNN any better.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join