It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEAR CNN: Circulation Of FALSE Information To SABOTAGE A Presidency Is A FELONY

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+71 more 
posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Interesting story here about the possibility that some of the disinfo being thrown around by the MSM might be illegal.

The article cites a law that might be relevant.

They focus on CNN, but maybe this applies to the MSM in general.

? Well ?

DEAR CNN: Circulation Of FALSE Information To SABOTAGE A Presidency Is A FELONY

The massive amount of negative coverage on President Trump just about everywhere is shocking, but it’s most apparent on CNN where more than 90 percent of their coverage is to cast the President in a negative light.

But what if all their coverage of the ‘anonymous leaks’ that have no basis in reality — as evidenced by the flat denials of anyone present — is sabotaging the Presidency?

Would they be accountable for that?

According to the law, yes.

See for yourself:

18 U.S. Code § 1038 – False information and hoaxes

+23 more 
posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Coming from the Right Wing, I find this all very hypocritical.
edit on 20-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thanks for finding this!
It may be the only way to get back to unbiased journalism is going to be for the administration to "throw an elbow" and hit them in the wallet? It would send a message to all news outlets that it's back to the days of Honest Journalism or Bust!!

+34 more 
link   

Sounds like someone needs to appoint a special prosecutor to 'look into' all this CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, WaPo, and TNYT noise.

Maybe some charges could be filed?

+17 more 
link   

Yes they keep breaking the law but there is no actual intent. This is how they will claim it. They should rot for it honestly.

They want us as individuals and divided. Team HUMAN was god and natures intent.

+27 more 
posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

How is the law hypocritical?

Please elaborate...

+37 more 
posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Maybe I will start referring to them as Criminal News Network, sorta just rolls off the tongue innit??
edit on 20-5-2017 by Sublimecraft because: beer

+16 more 
posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I can see your avatar and already tell what your going to say now. Hypocrisy from the right is your Ace in the hole I see.

+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Sounds like someone needs to appoint a special prosecutor to 'look into' all this CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, WaPo, and TNYT noise.

A "Very Special Prosecutor".

+14 more 
posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
All news reports should be presented in a neutral unfiltered way..
Not painting a world to their liking.
I say sue them and shut it down

+25 more 
posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Even Bob Woodward of Watergate fame is speaking out on the media bias.

Veteran journalist Bob Woodward called on the national media Friday to keep focused on reporting straight news, after many reporters have revealed a bias against President Trump. Friday on MSNBC, Woodward said he knows of too many reporters who have strayed from objectivity and shown an excessive hostility toward the White House.

"Stick to the reporting," he said. "Stick to the reporting. … One of the realities we have here is we have a good, old newspaper war going, the New York Times and the Washington Post and some very powerful stories. At the same time, I think it's time to dial back a little bit about because there are people around ... who are kind of binge drinking the anti-Trump Kool-Aid. And that is not going to work in journalism. Let the politicians have that binge drinking."

He is one of the most respected journalists ever and he sees what's going on and is calling them out on it.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

+5 more 
posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The law cited does not apply in Russia !!

Maybe in Iceland though.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
All news reports should be presented in a neutral unfiltered way..
Not painting a world to their liking.
I say sue them and shut it down

They could get convicted and just pay a big fine that would help the homeless.

+11 more 
posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Awesome find brother!!

Recently, me and a few others have been questioning the MSM direction. After seeing the comments section of articles posted by other members on ATS, you can see a clear distinction that people are starting to question the articles. A lot of random strangers.
Before, the comments were people just taking it for face value, but to see the reverse now? Impressive, people are finalky waking up to the BS.

After a while, it begans to annoy people.

Lets throw this treasonous bastids in jail, the whole lot of them.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Lying is still free speech and free speech is not illegal. People should be able to decide for themselves what to believe or not believe without government or authorites getting involved.

Who is going to decide what is true or false and how will it be enforced? I can see it now, Trump deciding what's true and what's false and him being the "Ministry of Truth" and I'll bet my last dollar that people would be more than happy to accept that and like it.
edit on 5/20/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

Unless intent could be proven...
As an example:
lidblog.com...

The Campaign didn’t invent the Russia story, but after the Hillary loss they began an incredible marketing effort with the help of every Democrat and the mainstream media.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

G'day X...I believe they always skirt the issues by calling it "reporting the news". To prove intent was to sabotage? With a news agency...thats pretty hard to do.

They always will print about anything...but under the guise (true or false)..of reporting. Intent to sabotage is really hard with that.

Mostly, when caught, they get away with just printing an "OOPS!" retraction of the info reported.

MS

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

You see, here's the thing - who is the end-user of the product those spin doctors are selling? You and me, that's who - we are the focus of their product - the population and citizens. So the special prosecutor should give the population a say - the final say - have a website available so that where a jury finds them guilty of violating the law then everyone can vote to determine whether those outlets' have their broadcast licenses revoked permanently and charges laid against the BoD and CEO's and anyone else involved in knowingly spreading false information and hoaxes.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Meanwhile on fox news circa 2008-2016..

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

"that would constitute a violation of chapter 2, 10, 11B, 39, 40, 44, 111, or 113B of this title, section 236 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (42 U.S.C. 2284), or section 46502, the second sentence of section 46504, section 46505(b)(3) or (c), section 46506 if homicide or attempted homicide is involved, or section 60123(b) of title 49, "

Which one of these covers the President?

I'm not going to dig through all of them.
If you are presenting the claim, please indulge me.

I won't hold my breath.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join