It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to Kill Flynn Investigation

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Lets look at the Benghazi investigation. How many times did we hear Obama or Hillary or others claim there was nothing to the investigation and they wanted it ended. yet no screams of obstruction of justice.

You mean the dozen plus investigations that turned up no evidence of malfeasance on the part of Secretary Clinton? Strange that we can't manage one into the possible collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians without blatant obstruction al a Nunes.

But I digress. It's clear that your opinion of President Trump's alleged statements to Comey are that they are no different than Obama saying there's no there there in public. My opinion is that President Trump saying that the Russian allegations are a "hoax" in public would be perfectly analogous to the statements from Obama and others that you're referring to.

It's also my opinion, and clearly the opinion of many others, that what Trump is alleged to have done in this particular instance is quite different.

This wasn't simply making a statement that Flynn wasn't guilty of anything. Trump allegedly cleared out the room, including Vice President Pence, in order to directly discuss the matter with the Director of the FBI. He then repeatedly insinuated, directly to Comey, that he should squash the investigation into Flynn. This is troubling to me for a number of reasons, not least of which is I would expect that the President would want to know if Flynn had lied about anything else. That is, assuming that Flynn lied to Trump and that Trump isn't lying about that. Call me crazy.

You point to Obama's statements but I have to ask, who responsible for investigating Benghazi did Obama fire while an investigation was ongoing? Nobody. And here in lies the distinction. The President "suggested" in a not-very-veiled fashion, that Comey should kill the investigation. Comey didn't and Comey was subsequently fired.

If he fired Comey for not killing the investigation into Flynn, that's flat out obstruction of justice. I think you can agree to that.

Making things worse for the defense of the President, is that Trump, from his own mouth, told Lester Holt that when he canned Comey, he was in fact taking into consideration the "Russia Trump thing." As I said, I don't think the statements on their own necessarily constitute ostruction of justice, even though they were delivered in private, one-on-one, to a subordinate which is quite different from making public statements of opinion. But when he subsequently canned Comey and said that he was thinking about the FBI's ongoing investigations when he did so, I think that it amounts to enough evidence that Trump engaged in obstruction of justice.

Yet be careful who you are siding with. If the constant attacking of Trump by establishment Republicans and Democrats, and the intelligence services doesn't prove that they are out to get Trump then nothing will.

Had the deep state been out to get Obama, I am sure they could have come up with many memos of conversations like this. yet they were strangely silent.

You seem to have a huge problem with Trumps supposed Russian connections, yet you dont seem at all to have any worries about unelected intelligence officials collaborating to bring down the elected President.

That's because you buy into this Trump is "anti-establishment" BS. I don't. He's a corrupt billionaire who has been involved in politics for longer than I've been alive. His father was a corrupt slumlord who was heavily involved in politics before him. Not holding elected office doesn't make one not part of the establishment.

I just listened to the "establishment" GOP congressional leaders hold a self-gratifying public circlejerk where they outlined their agenda. Their agenda isn't something new. It's not anti-establishment. It's the same trickle-down nonsense they've been pushing for decades. Then we have AG Sessions who seems eager to ramp up the police state. Are you saying that Trump isn't onboard with Ryan and friends?

Where the radical anti-establishment change? There is none. It's all lip service. He's not draining the swamp. He's just removing people who won't pledge their loyalty and do his bidding and replacing them with other swamp creatures.

As far as the "deep state" goes — it's all a matter of persepective isn't it? Remember these threads?

FBI 'Revolt of Watergate Proportions' if Hillary SkatesI am vindicated - FBI agents are ready to revolt over the cozy Clinton probeFormer U.S. Attorney: Agents See FBI Chief Comey as a ‘Dirty Cop’

How about this one?

Silent Coup and Counter Coup Revealed by Dr Steve Pieczenik

When members of the "deep state" were apparently working to keep Clinton from getting elected, Trump supporters were falling all over themselves yammering about how those members of the "deep state" where patriotic heroes. Now the "deep state" is a boogeyman used in defense of Trump.
edit on 2017-5-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Thats WHY he was fired, bc he would not kill it, so yeah, it sounds very credible.

The official white house statement just as all of Trumps tweets and fabrications are just that...fabrications that cannot be trusted.

You are the one who is deflecting reality, is that the new buzz word now? Deflection?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Indigo5

We should get to the bottom of things within a couple weeks..

until trump learns the 2 words most 20th century presidents rely on in a scandal

EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE

That doesn't work to stop impeachment. Still, there is nothing close to grounds for impeachment, unless the US is going to collapse into a state of removing Presidents on the say so of one man (not even appointed by the President and then fired by him).

Of course not...Congress will interview WH and FBI Staff UNDER OATH..

They have already requested the Memo's from FBI and Audio Tapes from the WH and are prepared to issue subpoenas for either if need be.

And Flynn is on the verge of formal charges, grand jury subpoenas went out last week..so eventually he is going to be talking. Hell he asked for immunity and they didn't give it to him...what does that tell you about what they got.

Hopefully they take their time..would rather not have a Pres. Pence..But country first.

If it DOES fall your way, then good luck with Pence.. he is far right.

Pence does suck..but "My Way"...is the USA and the country our founding fathers built...Country first. I will accept a less controversial and disturbingly more effect right wing President in place of an incompetent, corrupt POTUS who is antagonistic toward democracy itself.

Yep he is antagonistic toward democracry. I mean, itss him and his party that have been discrediting the election ever since it happened, and have been cheering leaks from the uneleceted intelligence community to undermine a justly elected president.

Oh wait, thats the other party!

There is a 100% fail safe rule to understand liberals. Whatever they accuse other people of is what they are doing themselves.

Just, very ironic you posted that bc that is exactly how I (and many liberals) feel about conservatives.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Why would Trump need to ask Comey to "squash" a non-existing investigation according to this,

WaPo

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is a joke.
The process to fire comey started before trump took office. Trump was not in office or in charge of the doj when this was initiated. This appears to be a product of Lynch's doj.

www.politico.com...

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz announced in a statement Thursday that his investigation will also explore whether FBI and Justice Department employees improperly leaked information prior to the election. Clinton and aides on her Democratic presidential campaign have blamed Comey's pre-election revelation that he was reviving the email investigation as a key factor in her narrow loss to Republican nominee Donald Trump. A statement from Horowitz's office said he was initiating the inquiry "in response to requests from numerous Chairmen and Ranking Members of Congressional oversight committees, various organizations, and members of the public."

So the obama doj started the process of fireing comey because of what he did in the hillary email investigation.
The ig gives his report to the AG. The deputy Ag and the AG both recommend comey be relieved of duty. Then after all of that it is all trumps idea and he obstructed justice in doing it?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

it really doesnt matter WHO "started" the process of firing Comey.

What matters are the reasons Trump went through with it.

so, yeah, your post is a joke

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Started the process? What are you going on about?

Then after all of that it is all trumps idea and he obstructed justice in doing it?

Lmao. According to Trump, yes:

TRUMP: Oh, I was going to fire regardless of recommendation.

HOLT: So, there was...

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: They -- he made a recommendation. He's highly respected. Very good guy, very smart guy.

And the Democrats like him. The Republicans like him.

He had made a recommendation. But regardless of recommendation, I was going to fire Comey knowing there was no good time to do it

And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself -- I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should've won.

Transcript source

Now you know how Sean Spicer feels. You try so hard to defend this clown and then he opens his big clown mouth and contradicts your narrative.
edit on 2017-5-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
It's a great time to be a democrat, to sit back and watch all this karma. Drip, drip, drip, drip, President Trump, just like they did with Hillary. I almost feel sorry for the guy because it will never end now, like with Hillary.

You all need to get your story straight.

I thought Hillary was hacked by the evil russians?

"You all" need to get your reality straight...

Hillary is history. Trump is the topic.

If the best you boys can do is keep shouting Obama! Hillary!...you boys are in serious trouble.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Why would Trump need to ask Comey to "squash" a non-existing investigation according to this,

WaPo

I am going to opt to believe you are smarter than this and just playing dumb.

I honestly don't want to believe you are incapable of basic reading/reality comprehension.

Your link explains that the FBI reviewed the content of Flynn's call with the Russian Ambassador and decided there was nothing there worth prosecuting.

That call is to the ongoing Flynn investigation what a failure to use a turn signal is to a fleeing bank robber.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

We should get to the bottom of things within a couple weeks..

until trump learns the 2 words most 20th century presidents rely on in a scandal

EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE

That doesn't work to stop impeachment. Still, there is nothing close to grounds for impeachment, unless the US is going to collapse into a state of removing Presidents on the say so of one man (not even appointed by the President and then fired by him).

Of course not...Congress will interview WH and FBI Staff UNDER OATH..

They have already requested the Memo's from FBI and Audio Tapes from the WH and are prepared to issue subpoenas for either if need be.

And Flynn is on the verge of formal charges, grand jury subpoenas went out last week..so eventually he is going to be talking. Hell he asked for immunity and they didn't give it to him...what does that tell you about what they got.

Hopefully they take their time..would rather not have a Pres. Pence..But country first.

If it DOES fall your way, then good luck with Pence.. he is far right.

Pence does suck..but "My Way"...is the USA and the country our founding fathers built...Country first. I will accept a less controversial and disturbingly more effect right wing President in place of an incompetent, corrupt POTUS who is antagonistic toward democracy itself.

Yep he is antagonistic toward democracry. I mean, itss him and his party that have been discrediting the election ever since it happened

YES...It is...First by screaming it was rigged...until he won...then screaming he won the popular vote...if not for illegal brown people... And he is discrediting the USA in it's entirety with his non-stop lies and craziness..

If he wanted to lend credibility to his election, he could behave like a credible President.

If he wanted to lend credibility to his election...he would not lie about it..he would welcome and cooperate with the Russian interference investigation instead of behaving like a poor-man's Nixon.

edit on 17-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here is a thought. Comey was fired basically for lying right? So how can we believe a Pissed off ex employee? Also Theres no Audio record of this meeting apparently it seems.. So now we come to He said He said. Unless there is Audio and video of this meeting It is just hearsay.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

it really doesnt matter WHO "started" the process of firing Comey.

What matters are the reasons Trump went through with it.

so, yeah, your post is a joke

Glad you included "reasons".
Perhaps you can source the acceptable reasons for a sitting potus to fire the fbi director.
The ig report and ag recommendations are enough cover for trump. There was ACTUAL cause for comey to be removed.
Too bad you dont like the timing.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

By all means do not address the fact that the obama doj had the ig investigate the sitting fbi dorector.
Do not address the fact that the deputy ag and the ag both recommended the directors removal.
Your allegations of obstruction are a joke.
The only part of getting rid of comey that involved trump was his following what his doj recommended.

So if it obstruction guess you will have to charge the ig, the deputy ag, the ag and the potus.

what a joke

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Here is a thought. Comey was fired basically for lying right?

No.

So how can we believe a Pissed off ex employee?

Who thoroughly documented and officially filed memos suggesting Obstruction of Justice by Trump while he was an employee ...4 years into a 10 year term.

Also Theres no Audio record of this meeting apparently it seems..

Trump inferred he had audio tapes? We won't know for sure until he is served a subpoena. Spokespeople like Spicer have refused to say one way or another.

So now we come to He said He said. Unless there is Audio and video of this meeting It is just hearsay.

The memo's as written by Comey are considered Court Admissible Evidence when written by an FBI agent...let alone the Director of the FBI.

Comey will testify before congress under oath as to the content of those conversations and memos.

In order for it to be a he-said he-said...Trump will need to do likewise, tweets wont suffice.

I'd like to see Trump clear this up under oath

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The only part of getting rid of comey that involved trump was his following what his doj recommended.

Trump in a broadcast interview sternly refuted your claim.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

So comey could say in a memo he is a woman and it would be considered as fact and beyond question. Thats rife for abuse and I bet you he wrote it for revenge and lied a bit.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

source please

Nothing to say about the obama doj starting an ig investigation on comey and hillarys emails?
That is what is stated in the deputy ag letter
That is what is stated in the ag letter
That is just cause

no obstruction

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

What it is, I am not buying the fantasies you guys are caught up in such as "Muh Russians" and all it permutations.

You and your ilk are doing harm to this nation and it's people because the business of government is not getting done due your distractions. That's by design.

All because your guy failed miserably, his planned replacement lost due her corrupt ways and you just cannot stand success by any other means or beliefs but your own sides Ill conceived worldview.

Nope, no sale, not ever.

All Flynn stuff after 1/23 WaPo article is unproven inuendo.

Trump had no reason to ask Comey to squash anything - now where's copy that memo?

Is it in archive? Or you mean one Comey kept in violation government records law, the one he can't produce without impugning himself - yeah that memo.

Witch hunt in house of mirrors using lasers is what this is.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Ha, ha, yeah, for the Democrats even thinking right now for Trump is ground for impeachment.

The Democrats agenda to crucified Trump about anything.

I will be waiting to see how this end.

It is not going to be pretty for the Democrats.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No he didn't. He said he was thinking about firing Comey anyway and would have done it, but he did seek the advice of the DoJ. What's more the story that he said he did it because of the Russia investigation is also fake. The desperation in liberals has led them to make things up as part of their attack - i suspect because they know what they have is not enough to ease the pain of their losses.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join