It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to Kill Flynn Investigation

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: shooterbrody

Oh...so Trump said he is not trying to squash the Russia investigation that he calls "Fake News" on twitter?

Well as long as Trump says he isn't.....

LOL

There is no evidence anywhere that Trump fired Comey to squash the Russia investigation.

Sure there is..
1 Trump asked for James Comey to declare loyalty to him multiple times.
2 Trump asked James Comey to "let go" the Flynn investigation.
3 Trump fired Comey 4 years into a 10 year term.

1 hearsay with zero evidence
2 hearsay with no evidence and also not even the full conversation we have been told about from unnamed sources
3 not evidence of squashing anything - there was broad consensus that he should go... are Clinton, Schumer et al in on the cover up too?

Like I said - zero evidence.
When and if there is some then there is something to go on. At the moment you are concluding based on left wing media reports - typical of those anti-American types who have forgotten the law and the freedoms afforded to citizens.

edit on 17/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

a reply to: theantediluvian

The only part of getting rid of comey that involved trump was his following what his doj recommended.

The only part of getting rid of comey that involved trump was his following what his doj recommended.

Trump in a broadcast interview sternly refuted your claim.

Trump in a broadcast interview sternly refuted your claim.

source please

Thanks for debunking yourself.
So Trump did take the advice of the Deputy AG. He WAS going to do it anyway if the Deputy AG said no, that is true, but you pushed back on someone who said he took the AG's advice. Your push back was spurious.

You are going into bizzaro world now, not sure how to respond?

The poster I responded to said
"The ONLY part of getting rid of comey that involved trump was his following what his doj recommended."

Trump said multiple times when asked about that DOJ recommendation:
"I was going to fire him regardless"

People with normal cognition abilities understand those to things directly contradict one another.

please point out ANYTHING trump did to get rid of comey

He fired him?

This discussion continues to be strangely disconnected from reality..

when asked to by comeys boss the ag

you somehow keep missing that part

had trump not waited for the ag to ask for comey to be removed, I would probably agree with you there were shenanigans

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Well right now in the news, the NY times is coming forward to say that the Memo wasn't classified and that it was read to them by one of Comey associates.

I am trying to find a link but this was on Fox breaking news. With senator Luther Strange R-AL.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So, no, the 'echo chamber' is not hard at work. Perhaps step out of your own

Odd, considering that you are, I believe, the 4th person today I have seen blab on about the "Deep state" and Trump. And that is just on this forum. I've notice the same thing being regurgitated on other comment sections during my casual reading.

CNN may have said something similar, but you guys sure picked it up fast and ran with it.

Trump, his actions and those around him can't be blamed for any of this...it's the "deep state"!

Edit:

Perhaps step out of your own and drop the 'only the Right say ...' nonsense.

Did I say ONLY the Right?

Like I said, it was CNN who revived the term over this issue. So yes, people are talking about it again. The fact it was from CNN should tell you that there is no echo chamber. If I had one, CNN would not be invited. As it is I watched them openly use the term and say that they are getting back at Trump. I also saw that right winger Chuck Schumer say that the intelligence community could get back at Trump "six ways to Sunday". I'd call an intelligence community hell bent on getting back at people, including the President, very much deep state.

Shutting your eyes to reality is not smart on your part - there is quite obviously a group inside the govt trying to take Trump down. Call it something else from Deep State if you like. I'll just call it that - because it describes it well - and yes they are traitors to America, the people of America.
edit on 17/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Well right now in the news, the NY times is coming forward to say that the Memo wasn't classified and that it was read to them by one of Comey associates.

I am trying to find a link but this was on Fox breaking news. With senator Luther Strange R-AL.

My understanding is that Comey was not allowed to reveal details of an ongoing investigation. He stated this himself when under oath, making clear he had to seek permission from the DoJ to even say that an investigation was ongoing. Given he is not even allowed to say there is an investigation without permission, I am sceptical that he would be allowed to pass details of a conversation with the President about the investigation.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Like I said, it was CNN who revived the term over this issue. So yes, people are talking about it again. The fact it was from CNN should tell you that there is no echi chamber.

People were talking about it well before CNN mentioned it. Don't use CNN as an excuse for regurgitating propaganda talking points.

Shutting your eyes to reality is not smart on your part - there is quite obviously a group inside the govt trying to take Trump down. Call it something else from Deep State if you like. I'll just call it that - because it describes it well.

I would agree, if it weren't for the fact that this is all on Trump shoulders and those he surrounds himself with. The "deep state" didn't just create these issues out of this air.

But I'm the one shutting eyes to reality?

So far you've mentioned the "deep state", CNN and those unamerican liberal traitors. Anyone else you'd like to shift blame on to?
edit on 17-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Well the Democrats are cashing on this news, as they are to have a press conference with Pertusis I mean Pelosi, soon.

Let see what they have to say.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Given he is not even allowed to say there is an investigation without permission, I am sceptical that he would be allowed to pass details of a conversation with the President about the investigation.

Potential attempts by the President to Obstruct Justice at the time would be a separate investigation, and one that was not open at the time.

What he did, as he has done in the past, was to thoroughly document those conversations in real-time in case we ever were to arrive at a moment when people needed answers or an investigation was warranted.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

So, IF Comey is telling the truth and frankly i doubt it, the question then becomes...WHY didn't Comey report this immediately, and not until AFTER he lost his sweet job at the agency?

Perhaps he tried to BM Trump and said he would claim this and that, Trump may have said do your worst mate and then Comey comes out with memogate.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Is been called firing a revenge gun and now is going to show that it was nothing but empty.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Step One:

Senate panel requests any memos, tapes from Comey-Trump meetings
thehill.com...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

So, IF Comey is telling the truth and frankly i doubt it, the question then becomes...WHY didn't Comey report this immediately, and not until AFTER he lost his sweet job at the agency?

Comey didn't report it at the time because he believed Trump would allow the investigation to continue unhampered.

He did document it in case a trend appeared that required investigation.

Comey is not reporting this now ..He doesn't even have access to his own memorandum, the FBI does.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

They have given them one week to produce the memos.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
First Republicans talk possibility of impeachment for Trump
thehill.com...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

And recordings...

Note that legal counsel will have to respond while Trump is out of country...

It will be interesting to see how forthcoming the WH might or might not be and where that leads.
edit on 17-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

First Republicans talk possibility of impeachment for Trump
thehill.com...

SOP

They are just feeding the frenzy.

Triggering the Triggerables.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Comey didn't report it at the time because he believed Trump would allow the investigation to continue unhampered.

He did document it in case a trend appeared that required investigation.

Comey is not reporting this now ..He doesn't even have access to his own memorandum, the FBI does.

Wild speculation that many people will assume to be true.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Letter here asking for any tapes Trump and staff might have:

www.judiciary.senate.gov...(Comey%20Records).pdf

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And what is the goal of all this witch hunt, speculations, lies, political smear, investigations with not results?

Very simple to stop the Republicans and the Trump administration from performing any service to tax payers and the voters in the nation.

Surrounding the president on intrigue is the only way the Democrats think they can stop his agenda for the nations well being.

And that it will give them more seats in midterm elections.

Is going to backfire like a fire cracker in their arses. 4 investigations on Trump and nothing to show for, but holding congress hostage.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

And what is the goal of all this witch hunt, speculations, lies, political smear, investigations with not results?

Very simple to stop the Republicans and the Trump administration from performing any service to tax payers and the voters in the nation.

Surrounding the president on intrigue is the only way the Democrats think they can stop his agenda for the nations well being.

And that it will give them more seats in midterm elections.

Is going to backfire like a fire cracker in their arses. 4 investigations on Trump and nothing to show for, but holding congress hostage.

The Democrats did not create this situation. Trump and those around him did.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join