It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study - Transgender myth exposed - a mental disorder.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm growing tired of preaching loving oneself to people who prefer mutilation and suicide. I'm sick of hearing how those trusted to provide guidance instead pledge death or dismemberment. I am not religious...I don't believe in a God. But I really wish there was one.

So with that said...if you find yourself lost, worried or dying, maybe consider this song. It may have been written about a God, but you can make this something...more. Something personal. There are people willing to help you that don't hate you. There are people like myself without an agenda or a dog in this race. Maybe just for a moment...believe.

I'm done with the negative aspect of this thread. To you hiding in the shadows...there are other options than those expressed here. Make that your goal...your life...your journey. Maybe, just maybe...you are perfect just as you are.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Curious... do you support forced gay conversion therapy on gay children?

NO! I don't support force of any kind. Including the force you have supported. Listen to my post above. And now...leave me out of your concern.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Maybe, just maybe...you are perfect just as you are.

Says the guy who thinks Michelle Obama is an ape and a dog.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

NO! I don't support force of any kind. Including the force you have supported. Listen to my post above. And now...leave me out of your concern.

Oh my! So triggered!

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Oh my! So triggered!

You are a sad, lonely creature. Good night.

PS: And yes...Michelle is a cold hearted bitch that demands things from others to lift herself up...instead of lifting others.
edit on 5/15/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I realize that you are projecting so good luck to you. Hope you feel better. Good night.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I realize that you are projecting so good luck to you. Hope you feel better. Good night.

You realize very little. Keep telling yourself you have intuition...it may make you sleep better.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You've proved yourself once again. So keep going. It's ok. I know you hate people, especially the transgender people. You fail to understand that they have been going to therapists for years. You fail to understand that they seek help. You fail to understand that professionals have been researching this and try to understand how to help them.
You are a sad person. I feel sorry for you.

edit on 5/15/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You've proved yourself once again. So keep going. It's ok. I know you hate people, especially the transgender people. You fail to understand that they have been going to therapists for years. You fail to understand that they seek help. You fail to understand that professionals have been researching this and try to understand how to help them.
You are a sad person. I feel sorry for you.

I hate people...especially the trangendered people? HA...I'll leave that up to others to decide.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Lets come back to reality. We are not talking about what trans is...we are talking about how it should be addressed.

Kaylaluv stated IN THIS THREAD the only options are body mutilation or suicide. That is what she and her ilk offer you.

I suggest something else...somewhere from existing as you are with some help to accept what you are and getting mental therapy because (obviously) you are the biological creature nature created.

YOU take your pick...mutilation/death or help.

The problem is that therapy doesnt appear to be effective.

Telling a transgender to "get help" rather then mutilate themself is like telling a woman with breast cancer to take some castor oil or an asprin rather than cut off a breast..

Most sex identity issues are totally unaffected by counseling.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Lets come back to reality. We are not talking about what trans is...we are talking about how it should be addressed.

Kaylaluv stated IN THIS THREAD the only options are body mutilation or suicide. That is what she and her ilk offer you.

I suggest something else...somewhere from existing as you are with some help to accept what you are and getting mental therapy because (obviously) you are the biological creature nature created.

YOU take your pick...mutilation/death or help.

It should be addressed however the person who is that way wants to address it. You or I do not have any right to tell them how to handle themselves. Life is not that black and white.

You are correct my friend (dare I say), but maybe we should warn them against those (HI KAYLA) who think they need to either mutilate their bodies or commit suicide? Don't you think that those two options, THE ONLY ONES SHE SUGGESTED are maybe a bit extreme? That maybe her belief that if you don't follow her hellish path, you are failed somehow is bad for people experiencing and living with such concerns?

I do. But then again...I kind of like people who have issues to find a realistic solution. Even if it takes time.

Well its in the law that they have to present all options to said patients to avoid the possibility of lawsuits. And they do make you go through exstensive psych testing before even going under a knife. You even have to live as the persuasion you want to be changing to at least 6 months to a year too.

Alot of Trans people do not ever get the full surgery done and are happy to just pass.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Nope, that's not what I said. I said therapy along with transition to the point the dysphoria is relieved. What that point is will depend on the individual. Some people are happy with hormones and no surgery. Others need hormones and breast implants (or breast removal if trans male). Others need hormones and full sex reassignment surgery to get rid of the dysphoria. If the dysphoria is severe and nothing is done to relieve the awful symptoms, an individual usually feels like ending their life is their only option for relief.

The individual and their team of doctors should make the decision together as to how far the transition should go - and just like anyone that has any medical issue - it is no one else's business what happens between an individual and their doctors.

What you are advising people with gender dysphoria to do is to live with their depression/anxiety/suffering and not do anything to relieve those symptoms - which is the same as telling them to kill themselves.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Nope, that's not what I said. I said therapy along with transition to the point the dysphoria is relieved. What that point is will depend on the individual. Some people are happy with hormones and no surgery. Others need hormones and breast implants (or breast removal if trans male). Others need hormones and full sex reassignment surgery to get rid of the dysphoria. If the dysphoria is severe and nothing is done to relieve the awful symptoms, an individual usually feels like ending their life is their only option for relief.

The individual and their team of doctors should make the decision together as to how far the transition should go - and just like anyone that has any medical issue - it is no one else's business what happens between an individual and their doctors.

What you are advising people with gender dysphoria to do is to live with their depression/anxiety/suffering and not do anything to relieve those symptoms - which is the same as telling them to kill themselves.

This might be possible, for someone in the case of MTF, in the case someone has a feminine build or starts in puberty with therapy. But say a 6+ foot tall person with a masculine build, large shoulders, manly hands, manly jaw, etc. Such an individual would probably appear to be cross dressing.

Many people seek acceptance, validation from society for the identity with which they identify, the gender with which they identify. For most people that requires a certain level of masculinity or femininity in appearance for it to occur regards most members of society. There are those born with the physical sex organs of women or men, that if their appearance is that of the opposite gender, even having a set of sex organs does not mean they easily get acceptance from society.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

LMAO, NO, JUST NO, People are born, Blind, deaf, Blind and deaf, with arms without arms, and you FREAKING IDIOTS REALLY THINK A GIRL WHO SHOULD BE A BOY IS BORN A GIRL AND A WOMAN WHO IS BORN MALE CANT HAPPEN?????????????????????? GET A GRIP.....also, for all the men who are married and cheat with men(it is VERY wide spread) BE WHO YOU ARE...SO many men that are married CHEAT WITH MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!You are who you are....wake up people....

We are who we are.....and that means we are NOT PERFECT!!!!!!!!!! I have had sex with MANY married men!!!..yeah and they want to come out but wont because of people who JUDGE....like a lot of you people ATS!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I should say, just to be clear: I don't know whether it is a genetic/congenital defect, or a psychological issue. Or if maybe it is caused by one of those sometimes, and sometimes by the other.

But either way, it is a problem that must be solved in order for the person to go on living their life and getting any kind of enjoyment out of the experience.

Self mutilation may not be an ideal solution, but if it is the only one that works, then well........sometimes in life there doesn't exist an ideal solution. Better to accept a less-than-ideal solution than no solution at all. Especially if we are talking about a crippling problem that will make a person unable to live their life.

Lost time is also a form of mutilation. Waiting till you're 50 to achieve something you could have gotten at 30 is self mutilation also.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

You know suggesting that self mutilation is anti human is against human right to be anything you want. I'm God and no one believes me, look where it's got me?!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
human beings arent there feelings or emotions , or even their biological bodies , its our access to consciousness and the awareness behind it that make us human .

Me myself and I are all egoic thought structures aren't gender identity issues also components of the ego
as well as a mix of genetic and other factors , there obviously seems to be alot more going on than
" I was born in the wrong body"

for this to be correct then we have to adhere to the idea of reincarnation or some form of collective human consciousness
or well of souls
or some idiot at the reincarnation plant keeps #ing up and putting males into females and vice versa!

Or is it the case where something during fetal development is getting wires crossed and we arent paying attention to it
is there some environmental issue causing this within fetal development

are there any historical records of humans looking for gender reassignment or humans stating they arent happy with their gender from way back when as in the middle ages or ancient china, or is it a case of it only happening with recent advancements in medical communities

is this just an issue which has arisen in humans in the last 500 -1000 years ?
when was the first case of gender identity first recorded ?

Im just asking questions because I dont know

edit on 17-5-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

well people need to suffer to develop

it's often a problem when a person wishes to help others and shows them compassion but has to stand aside and let them suffer because they wont learn without suffering.

Are we to sit idly by and watch others suffer because it was meant to happen

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

the way you are judging others for having an opinion which is fleeting and does not constitute them in any way shape or form,
as opinions ,emotions do not make us human.

So let them have their opinions what does it matter to you

why does anyone need to change their body , why cant they just accept the one they are in ?

Im not saying they cant or should, or shouldnt , but humans dont accept very much and always strive to make things better
but it never really works out that way.

we cant accept ourselves as we are , we always want what is perceived socially as better

we are all so trapped by our ego we cant see past it , or even think consciously about ourselves

I am just curious to know , people who want to have a sex change , do they even know who they are as a human being
never mind male or female , boy girl, etc

i was born into a male body and I am 34 , but I am still figuring out what it means to be human and to have identity
I know sure as # its not my feelings my emotions or my past actions and words

I think we are all a mix of everything and in different percentages and in order for us to deal with this we need to learn to accept a whole lot of things which cant be changed and just deal with them.

People want to change their bodies for themselves , but they also want to change their bodies so others will also accept them for what they perceive themselves to be

which is why I think alot of gender issues lie within the realms of egoic thought

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What did transgender people do before surgery was available?
They dressed probably as the gender they felt like or lived a depressed lie that would have led to suicide in some cases.
If you look at it, nothing has changed.
Only the extent of appropriating your inner gender has changed to 'extreme', involving the cutting off or adding of bits and pieces.
Yet the overall outcome has not changed.
They are still depressed and suicidal.

What are we supposed to do?
How are we supposed to know how 'serious' someone is? Checking for months with a therapist is no safe way to tell, as many trans people have regretted their choice afterwards or still commit suicide.

Nothing has changed. Nothing. Nobody can help and we can be as accommodating as we can, the inner turmoil will stay.
They only thing that can make a trans person happy is inner acceptance of whatever it is they need to accept.

A therapist can help them achieve that, a surgeon may help. Yet not all trans people are happy. Therefore a great deal is mental and not physical.

Some are happy and in history some were probably happy just dressing up; and some are just confused or attention seeking.

It seems to be a very individual thing and each case is different.

I also believe that a great deal is psychological. I have changed my tune a bit recently from defending all trans people, especially young children. Because whilst it would be smashing if everyone could be what they want to be and what they feel like, it isn't always possible.

I'm not being flippant as this is the absolute truth, there was a time in my life where I needed to be Japanese. I still think I was Japanese in a former life, I actually feel Japanese [how does it feel like if I have never been? How do you know what a woman feels like or a man if you have never been one?]. If I had the money at the time I would have had eye surgery, I am serious.
Yet being older and wiser now I know that whatever I do, I will never be actually Japanese, even if my eyes were almond shaped and I don't like pretending.

I know it's not the same but in a way it is. Just not with genitals involved, everything else is there.

Some people need to become Barbie. I sincerely believe their need is just as strong as that of a trans person. I mean look at them mutilating themselves. Then that Rachel Dolezal who feels black. I believe her. They are no different from trans people.

I won't have plastic surgery when I am wrinkly, because I will be old and that's what is me, plastic surgery is a lie and I am OCD about not lying, I can't lie and especially not to myself.
If you have genital surgery and you can live with the lie, then hat off. But it only makes you look like your ideal and not actually changes you.

Nobody wants anyone to be so unhappy that they kill themselves but in the end it is up to the individual. You can learn to accept yourself as you are, even if it isn't exactly what you want. But you are still alive and can see beautiful places and enjoy a morning mist, find love with someone who will understand and be happy. Or not. It's up to the individual.
What are we supposed to do?

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join