It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study - Transgender myth exposed - a mental disorder.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

People who believe and feel they are werewolves need the help now.

LMAO hahahahaha

Now THAT is a cause worth fighting for !
"Hello, my name is Steve and I'm a werewolf." man that would be cool talking to one.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Well since Medical science does not know how the mind actually works then all this crap should be shelved until its proven instead of punishing people who are different than the norm in the mean time.

But I have had my chemistry tested when i was younger and had more female chemistry than male. That was three decades ago now though.

Ok...then fine. But why would you now have to have expensive, brutal and mutilating surgery? An Alligator doesn't have surgery to become a frog? Why would someone like you need surgery to become something else??? Why aren't you just what nature intended. Why aren't you perfect the way you are.

Why is "trans" required? How about just call yourself...unique and leave it at that?

I'll tell you why...BECAUSE OTHERS ARE TELLING YOU THAT YOU MUST! THAT is the problem. THEY want you to join them instead of just being the wonderful, perfect, natural being you are.

So...who is your enemy?

Perfection is a lie. Nothing is perfect. if it was then we would not Die.
I said earlier I DO NOT need to have surgery. I cant afford it for one and I am unable to work to cover living expenses due to being dis owned if i told my family about it.

ALso No one told me Trans was required. Im not in the act of transistioning so thats wrong to begin with.

I accept myself this way already but if i could had started years ago i would had done it for myself,and not for anyone else. I f i do not know you in my life as a friend i can care less about you and your opinion.( I like everyone here on ATS btw so dont take that personal)

The only thing you said that I "spiritually" disagree with is that perfection does not exist. I believe it is fair for any individual to be the perfect them. There was an old story of a family that kept a lion...it grew up and ended up killing a family member. It ended with the idea that "he was a good lion" meaning he was good at being what a lion is. For people...I think some need that. I think some need to believe that even with what they consider imperfections, they are the perfect them.

Apparently (not you) some people here can't grasp that concept. Especially some younger than my 52 years wise. I think that is a little sad. I could be born without an arm but I'm still the perfect me...it is our differences that make us what we are over time. What makes each of us special. Our differences lead to different perceptions, opinions and views. We need these differences to see the whole picture. And sometimes...taking that perfection and modifying it robs the individual of what they were meant to experience.

In my opinion...of course.

PS: Would Stevie Wonder be Stevie Wonder if he could see? Would Nelson Mandela be Nelson Mandela if he were white?

edit on 5/15/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Again...they probably need some therapy to deal with that...but that would be my current suggestion.

Therapy alone has NEVER solved the problem of dysphoria. The dysphoria still exists and it is making them miserable to the point of suicide. Now what?

How simple do I have to make this...live your life as what you are and if you aren't happy with it, get some help. You really have only two choices:

1. Learn to love yourself for what nature and/or God made you.
2. Mutilate your body, become a freak and still hate what you are.

Sorry...life gives hard choices sometimes. I feel for anyone in such a situation. But butchering yourself is NEVER the solution. Your problem is in your mind...how you feel...what you think you are or should be. Maybe address that. And if as you imply there is no solution...continue looking.

Ignorant post. It is attitudes like yours that have caused many transgender people to end their lives because they are tired of looking. In reality, here are their choices: get therapy and transition to the point where your dysphoria ends, or... kill yourself because your dysphoria never ends.

talk about the pot calling the kettle black

3. get therapy and transition to the point where your dysphoria ends
4. or... kill yourself because your dysphoria never ends.

your post alludes at a concession that there is in fact a mental illness component in this confusion problem

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

your post alludes at a concession that there is in fact a mental illness component in this confusion problem

What else can it be other than mental illness?

The movie "silence of the lambs" has a pretty accurate portrayal of "transgenders"

The serial killer is transgender and thinks he's a woman and is actually very mentally disturbed. (This causes him to skin women and wear their skins to feel like a woman.)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

Oh good lord, you are talking about a fictional character that has nothing to do with being transgender.

Are you trying to imply that all transgender people are serial killers? Good grief.

I saw a movie about a Muslim who killed some people, therefore all Muslims are violent terrorists?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I could be born without an arm but I'm still the perfect me...

Are you saying that you would refuse to use a prosthetic arm to make your life a little better? So if you had a kid that was born without an arm, you would refuse to provide them with a prosthetic arm? Even if they begged you for one?

Wow, that's really sad.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Doesn't the B in LGBT prove that there are only two genders?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Brilliant

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Are you trying to imply that all transgender people are serial killers?

That's not what I said at all. Pro Lgbt people need to resort to lies and misrepresentation in debate

I said the serial killer in "silence of the lambs" was an accurate portrayal of "transgender" people in that he thought he was a woman. He clearly wasn't alright. The killing is secondary to this issue

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

So the movie I saw with the Muslim killing people - was that an accurate portrayal of Muslims? I mean, he identified as a Muslim, he prayed to Allah 5 times a day - the killing is secondary.

Your example is so incorrect, it's funny. He didn't think he was a woman. He had "issues" that had nothing to do with being transgender. Most likely he was schizophrenic. He doesn't represent transgender people in any way - any more than the terrorist in my movie represents Muslims.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

Again...they probably need some therapy to deal with that...but that would be my current suggestion.

Therapy alone has NEVER solved the problem of dysphoria. The dysphoria still exists and it is making them miserable to the point of suicide. Now what?

How simple do I have to make this...live your life as what you are and if you aren't happy with it, get some help. You really have only two choices:

Sorry...life gives hard choices sometimes. I feel for anyone in such a situation. But butchering yourself is NEVER the solution. Your problem is in your mind...how you feel...what you think you are or should be. Maybe address that. And if as you imply there is no solution...continue looking.

Ignorant post. It is attitudes like yours that have caused many transgender people to end their lives because they are tired of looking. In reality, here are their choices: get therapy and transition to the point where your dysphoria ends, or... kill yourself because your dysphoria never ends.

talk about the pot calling the kettle black

3. get therapy and transition to the point where your dysphoria ends
4. or... kill yourself because your dysphoria never ends.

Is it a treatable mental disorder? Of course, if there existed any such thing as a treatment with high success rate, then that treatment would be better than cosmetic mutilation.

But if there isn't, then cosmetic mutilation is the closest thing that we have to a working treatment. Why deny people at least that small consolation?

Because "God wills it"? Or is there a genuine reason I should take seriously. One that hopefully doesn't require me to believe in somebody else's invisible man in the sky?

It reminds me of a certain physical disorder known as "cancer". Sometimes it causes a woman to have to have her breasts mutilated. But I suppose you'd tell her that if "God wills us not to mutilate ourselves", then she should leave her cancerous breasts attached until the disease spreads to the rest of her body?

Since clearly god forbids us to treat any malady with mutilation. Or wait..... does he?

Matthew 5:29-30

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

What if thine genitals offend thee?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Haven't you heard? Sex and gender don't mean the same thing anymore.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I don't know that makes any logical sense on its own. If I like flowers and cats does that mean there are no dogs?

What of intersex if we are going just the biological route?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Haven't you heard? Sex and gender don't mean the same thing anymore.

Sex always meant what was between your legs.AKA Your GENITALIA,and Since the word is close to GENDER Morons through history have confused the two.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I could be born without an arm but I'm still the perfect me...

Are you saying that you would refuse to use a prosthetic arm to make your life a little better? So if you had a kid that was born without an arm, you would refuse to provide them with a prosthetic arm? Even if they begged you for one?

Wow, that's really sad.

Nope...again your ignorance is astounding. I would welcome any addition that would help. I would welcome any therapy that would help. I would not welcome cutting off limbs, body parts, injecting hormones, etc. to try to change something that exists into some monstrosity that is nothing but a fake, non-functional disguise.

Huge difference.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Lets come back to reality. We are not talking about what trans is...we are talking about how it should be addressed.

Kaylaluv stated IN THIS THREAD the only options are body mutilation or suicide. That is what she and her ilk offer you.

I suggest something else...somewhere from existing as you are with some help to accept what you are and getting mental therapy because (obviously) you are the biological creature nature created.

YOU take your pick...mutilation/death or help.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Lets come back to reality. We are not talking about what trans is...we are talking about how it should be addressed.

Kaylaluv stated IN THIS THREAD the only options are body mutilation or suicide. That is what she and her ilk offer you.

I suggest something else...somewhere from existing as you are with some help to accept what you are and getting mental therapy because (obviously) you are the biological creature nature created.

It should be addressed however the person who is that way wants to address it. You or I do not have any right to tell them how to handle themselves. Life is not that black and white.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

It should be addressed however the person who is that way wants to address it. You or I do not have any right to tell them how to handle themselves. Life is not that black and white.

You are correct my friend (dare I say), but maybe we should warn them against those (HI KAYLA) who think they need to either mutilate their bodies or commit suicide? Don't you think that those two options, THE ONLY ONES SHE SUGGESTED are maybe a bit extreme? That maybe her belief that if you don't follow her hellish path, you are failed somehow is bad for people experiencing and living with such concerns?

I do. But then again...I kind of like people who have issues to find a realistic solution. Even if it takes time.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Curious... do you support forced gay conversion therapy on gay children?

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join