It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study - Transgender myth exposed - a mental disorder.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Pissed? Are you projecting? Wait never mind. You're right. I'm pissed at how ignorant you are on this subject.

So now you are angry that someone's views are different than yours? Big freakin' surprise!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Oh wow you have a severe reading comprehension issue.
I am not angry that people have different opinions. Seems that you are projecting your anger on us.
"I want to be a goat" shows how truly ignorant you are.

edit on 5/14/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You have zero workable solutions. Keep looking- what a horrible piece of advice for someone who is suffering NOW.

My (and all the medical professionals who work with gender dysphoric people's) solution is:

Therapy first with a medical professional who specializes in gender dysphoria
Work with your team of medical professionals to transition up to the point where your dysphoria is relieved

I would love to debate that with you, but I don't believe you are open minded enough to really debate. I will say this however...interesting how the "solution" by the medical professionals is keep visiting and paying the medical professionals.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I am not angry that people have different opinions. Seems that you are projecting your anger on us.

I know I'm probably not going to get an answer, but I am curious. How old are you?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Oh great, so now you're saying no one needs to go see a medical professional.... ever?

You are too much. And you are about as close-minded as a person can get.

Typical though.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Oh great, so now you're saying no one needs to go see a medical professional.... ever?

Typical though.

Typical how?

link   

PS:

link   

45. You? You do seem like a 12 year old whiny boy. "I want to be a goat". That sounds like what a 6th grader would say.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Typical though.

Typical how?

Of a certain political ideology that shall remain nameless.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Oh...now you are throwing me in with a particular group? Kind of bigoted of you judging a whole group of people the same.

I'm done, next you know you'll be calling me whitey.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I won't let my wife use public bathrooms anymore because
I'm afraid there might be some chick in there i'd be all
jealous about. Of course I still go where ever I want.

edit on Rpm51417v24201700000001 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Oh...now you are throwing me in with a particular group?

If it's good enough for you to do then I guess it's good enough for me to do.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Now that you mention it, my mom did manage to cure my ADD with a cast-iron skillet.

Ya'll might be on to something.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Now that you mention it, my mom did manage to cure my ADD with a cast-iron skillet.

Ya'll might be on to something.

Ouch! The painful bump on your head would certainly get you to focus on it.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Well since Medical science does not know how the mind actually works then all this crap should be shelved until its proven instead of punishing people who are different than the norm in the mean time.

But I have had my chemistry tested when i was younger and had more female chemistry than male. That was three decades ago now though.

Ok...then fine. But why would you now have to have expensive, brutal and mutilating surgery? An Alligator doesn't have surgery to become a frog? Why would someone like you need surgery to become something else??? Why aren't you just what nature intended. Why aren't you perfect the way you are.

Why is "trans" required? How about just call yourself...unique and leave it at that?

I'll tell you why...BECAUSE OTHERS ARE TELLING YOU THAT YOU MUST! THAT is the problem. THEY want you to join them instead of just being the wonderful, perfect, natural being you are.

So...who is your enemy?

Perfection is a lie. Nothing is perfect. if it was then we would not Die.
I said earlier I DO NOT need to have surgery. I cant afford it for one and I am unable to work to cover living expenses due to being dis owned if i told my family about it.

ALso No one told me Trans was required. Im not in the act of transistioning so thats wrong to begin with.

I accept myself this way already but if i could had started years ago i would had done it for myself,and not for anyone else. I f i do not know you in my life as a friend i can care less about you and your opinion.( I like everyone here on ATS btw so dont take that personal)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

a reply to: CrapAsUsual

Nothing in your post is correct.

There were no GMOs, chemicals, internet or political correctness a thousand years ago. And yet, there were transgender people a thousand years ago. 'Splain that to me.

Children with gender dysphoria are not submitted to surgeries. If by "sex change program", you mean allowing the child to dress like the gender they identify to alleviate their suffering - what is more barbaric is to deny and ignore their suffering, which usually leads to severe depression and suicidal thoughts.

I just don't get the issue, even if I had a female body I wouldn't change the way I dress, and urinals are very convenient at events so I'd still want to use that technologically assisted. I also wouldn't change my behavior.

I think make up is silly and probably accelerates skin aging by stressing the skin.

This seems more like a role playing issue, there are tomboyish girls and girlish men who behave the exact opposite of what's expected for their gender, being a girl doesn't mean you have to have long hair a skirt and make up, same goes for being a man.

Physically I don't buy the tech is there yet for fully accurate sex reassignment. You need decades of advancement in tissue engineering to get fully working accurate organs, and you probably also need nerve wiring advances to get everything accurate.

What is a woman? what is a man?
Notions of behavior any behavior can be done by any gender. Is it the physical aspects? The mental inclinations? Anything can be changed eventually. But for me it seems some have a notion of gender similar to that of a soul, like there is some "female" or "male" essence that does not boil down to behavior, mental inclinations and physical structure.

Some seem to think that behaving the way men are expected to or females are expect to somehow manifests that essence, that if you're ultra girly or ultra manly that conveys your essence, to some extent I see an obsession on behavior and being allowed to behave a certain way. You need not behave manly or girly to be a man or a girl. There are those who are men or girls who fight against societal expectations by behaving opposite their gender expectations. Yet there are those obsessed with behaving as socially expected of a particular gender.

Social expectations, such lowly things, why obsess over living up to them, living up to them doesn't confer or validate any essence.

PS
Another problem is, any real crisis and meds are going to be scarce, and that includes hormone replacement. Only fully functional enhanced organs can provide natural hormones indefinitely.

PPS

Most women want to look younger, many undergo countless surgical procedures, and buy expensive cosmetics after expensive cosmetics, and drench their faces in make up.

Would an eternally young body be better? It sure would. But technology is not there yet.

I'm in favor of medical assistance to change the physical body. Eventually when perfect eternally young bodies are available, they might very well be covered by insurance.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

Role playing issue that is consistent the entire life since birth. Talk about dedication.
edit on 5/14/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Many people don't understand the difference of trangenderism, gender dysphoria, and autogynephillia.

Also wanted to say there are starting to be several studies that tie hormones during fetal development impacting the biophysical and neural network. The fact that Transgender people existed for thousands of years does not discredit that research.

Anomalies don't need to be fixed. But in gender dysphoria the anomaly has become a burden to the self of that person creating an internal conflict that effects the ability to live a "normal" life.

Trangenderism is when a person identifies as the another gender than their birth sex. No gender dysphoria necessary. Transition or certain lifestyle changes ( becomimg an asexual being like ascetics) can prevent gender dysphoria in Transgender people.

Autogynephillia is when a man has a fetish of dressing up and acting like a woman, but as a man. These are moat often the few folks who regret transition. They realize the fetishes is gone.

A lot of people get all those things confused.

Also want to say I don't think any of these words describe an individual or are entirely accurate. They are just things psychology makes up but may have use as a general reference.

edit on 14-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

It's not an issue I can "understand" either. I am a heterosexual white male (pretty boring, I even love my wife and kids) so I can't fathom any of the internal identity issues in a realistic way. I have however a great deal of compassion and have observed people without judgement to understand it's real and I just can't truly or deeply understand the internal dialogue. That is OK. I don't know what it's like to grow up Asian either, or tall for that matter.

Sometimes it's just better to listen without opinions and known you will never truly understand. That doesn't mean one idea of reality is any better.
edit on 14-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
New Study - Transgender myth exposed - a mental disorder.

So, let me get this right, you are saying that one single person's opinion, when it supports your own, is the be all and end all of science and experience and psychology?
That seems obvious, and not uncommon on the site that 'denies other people's ignorance', and supports our own through any means possible.

Shall we wait for a few days for responses from the rest of the scientific community regarding Mr. Hateful's opinions?
Perhaps they will be carrying him on their shoulders.
Whaddaya think?

Haters are the 'perversion'!

... The fact you call him Mr Hateful because you disagree with him

When does your interpretation of the 'motives' of another become 'fact'?
That sounds like it would be a fun ride! *__-

Well, since you asked me why I called him Mr. Hateful, so nicely, I'll be happy to answer you.
It is an ignorant and hateful thing to label 'some' as 'less than' others. That 'others' is usually that person, and his opinions/beliefs' doing the labeling.
Like how women and blacks were, somehow, 'less than' the good old boys running the show.
That is an ignorant and hateful thing to do, whether the shoe fits 'you or me' or not.
I assume that you aren't a Xtian. Love does not isolate and hate and divide.
I think that your presumption as to my 'motives' seems more the 'mirror'.
Gays were once likewise attacked by the ignorant haters as 'mentally ill'.
More mirror.
Moving past those dark days, we seem to have a resurgence of said darkness!

means you are guilty of your own complaint. Perhaps you should eat your own dog food.

Oh, now you are calling me a hypocrite and dog food eater?
I have never claimed to not be a hypocrite, any self-aware person would readily admit the same.
And with the Trump WH, we'll be eating dog food because we arent worth knowing what is in the food we consume!
Yay!

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join