It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study - Transgender myth exposed - a mental disorder.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

As homosexuality that is also a mental disorder.

Bisexuality however would probably be the norm if it wasn´t the moral rules upon us.

I´m not defending or attacking anyone, just expressing a common sense opinion. How would a species evolve if all of its members were homosexuals? Its obviously a disfunction.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

How would a species evolve if all of its members were homosexuals?

Evolution works in mysterious ways.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
So much misinformation floating around in this thread.

For the poster who said it was TV that was causing gender dysphoria: seriously? There have been people with gender dysphoria for a couple of thousand years. Some societies have accepted and even revered them. Others, not so much. Regardless, trans people have been around much longer than TV.

For the poster who claimed to have gender dsyphoria but got over it by age 30: your story may be true, but for your one story, there are a few hundred more that describe people who didn't get over it. There are many people who kept their condition a secret and didn't start their transition until they were in their 40's or 50's. They didn't get over it.

For the very articulate poster who says this is always caused by trauma and can be resolved with therapy: I personally know a few people with gender dysphoria who led lives much like mine - stable home, loving parents, some with siblings/some were only children, some grew up in religious homes, others were raised by atheists. None of the trans people I know suffered any trauma in their lives. None of them were raped or beaten or locked up in a closet. Plus, therapy is a huge part of their lives already. None of them were "cured" by therapy alone, nor were they "cured" by taking anti-depressants or any other mind-altering drugs. What these people know for certain is that they were very unhappy until they began the process of transition. Those who had family/friend support did much better after transition than those who had no support.

Research is continuing for gender dysphoria. What we know is that there is much we still do not know. What we know now is that therapy alone has not resolved the dysphoria. What we know now is that there are no drugs that resolve the dysphoria. What we know now is that the combination of therapy and physical transition works best in resolving the dysphoria. Until the research shows us differently, why not continue what has been working best?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Silly children. Everything in this post is perpetual lies. No one can choose their gender more so than my couch can choose it's color. Our heavenly father created us as man and woman. Any other idea floating around in your head is in conflict with Occam's razor which so many put their trust in as a way to confirm truth. Spoon fed information from the internet does not verify truth. Open your minds and hearts people. Understand that you are being deceived.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

Silly children says the guy using a fable as evidence.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: face23785

It's more than just liking girly things. It is the inherent "knowing" that you are a girl, and that's why you like girly things. Trans females are as diverse as cis females. Some trans females like motorcycles and building things - and yet, they still "know" they are female.

It's nothing like "my little boy likes Barbie dolls and the color pink so he must be transgender". It's more like "my little boy wants to know when his pee pee is going to fall off so he can be the girl he knows he really is". It is the severe unhappiness that the body does not match what the brain is saying.

Ya...a little boy or girl would wonder that...NOT.

Not unless some other influences are involved.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Transgender children don't wonder. They KNOW what gender they are. Big difference.

Unprovable...

Would be interesting to interview a small child who K NOWS who they are though..........

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

98% of the population don't wonder that.

I've never wondered what gender I am. And that is a hard cold fact.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: UKTruth

You identify that they have gender dysphoria when they are insistent, persistent and consistent over a period of years. You identify that they have gender dysphoria when they are in distress because their body isn't matching what they know to be true. This is way more intense than "why does brother Billy have a penis and I don't?", or a boy who likes to play with Barbie dolls all the time.

Do you know the torture that kids and their parents go through with gender dysphoria? There have been trans female kids who have attempted to cut their penises off with scissors. That's how intense it is.

Yeah, a mental disorder as the title says.

Apparently you don't understand the word 'dysphoria' means so your opinion is dismissed.

Dysphoria means what it means...what CAUSES it is clearly a disorder..most likely in the BRAIN.

Therefore it should be considered a mental illness.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove

How would a species evolve if all of its members were homosexuals?

Evolution works in mysterious ways.

Could be.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

For the poster who said it was TV that was causing gender dysphoria: seriously? There have been people with gender dysphoria for a couple of thousand years. Some societies have accepted and even revered them. Others, not so much. Regardless, trans people have been around much longer than TV.

Pesticides, GMO´s, chemicals, media influence, trendy viral ideas on the web, politicaly correctness crap could be causing a variety of mental illnesses we have no idea about... Just like lead in the 20th century or DDT that was like a miracle until then...

One thing is for sure, submitting children to sex change programs and surgeries its a barbaric solution. Adults in the other hand can do whatever they want regarding sex and their bodies.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I agree.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Do you understand that a psychologist has absolutely no business making a statement in a professional capacity about biology, don't you?

I mean, psychiatrists and psychologists practice soft science. They are simply not qualified to make such a judgement about biological matters, because most individuals in that field lack knowledge of biology, except as is specifically regards their work. You also understand, I assume, that where matters of identification of sexual or gender issues are concerned, a biologist, a geneticist, would be far better placed than any soft science, roll neck sweater type ever is, to comment from an informed position?

Not sure what you would expect a biologist to say. This isn't about biology it's about the brain and how it interprets things. To a biologist there is only two genders barring of course a birth defect. You can have someone born with both parts but it is not normal and happens very rarely.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What we do know now, is that the science on whether or not there is ANY causative physical/genetic component to gender dysphoria is inconclusive. And even if science does discover a causative physical/genetic component one would still need to establish the weight of that component in relation to other factors involved gender dysphoric disorder.

What we do know now is that the notion, implied or otherwise, that science has conclusively established a physical/genetic causal component to gender dysphoria has been, to put it kindly, over stated by several members here. I think skepticism going forward is warranted.

For the poster who claimed to have gender dsyphoria but got over it by age 30: your story may be true . . .

And the same can be said for all the unsupported and anecdotal evidence you've put forward in this latest post. Maybe you have know a few trans gender people . . . maybe you don't. Maybe the trans gender people you supposedly know have never experienced any sort of trauma in their lives . . . or maybe they have and you just don't know about it. And so on and so on. What YOU are offering here is nothing but unverifiable, unsupported assertions and anecdotal testimony proffered by an anonymous internet poster, no better than that offered by poster you referred to.

I wonder how long it will take you people to learn that dismissing everyone that doesn't instantly become "born again" members of your cause de jour as irrational, idiotic, and ignorant religious nuts isn't the best approach. Well, not if it's the truth of the matter you're trying to get to anyway.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Nothing in your post is correct.

There were no GMOs, chemicals, internet or political correctness a thousand years ago. And yet, there were transgender people a thousand years ago. 'Splain that to me.

Children with gender dysphoria are not submitted to surgeries. If by "sex change program", you mean allowing the child to dress like the gender they identify to alleviate their suffering - what is more barbaric is to deny and ignore their suffering, which usually leads to severe depression and suicidal thoughts.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: imwilliamS

So what is your solution? What type of therapy will solve the problem (that hasn't already been tried)? What drug will fix it? Since you seem to know so much better than the medical professionals that have been dealing with this for decades.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: booyakasha

Exactly. Who the hell cares? Only the far right Fumanmenalist Christians go nuts over this for some reason. They want to "save your soul", whatever that means. Believe me I've been there.

You are in need of serious help if you believe Christians are the only ones who do not believe in what you do.

LOL.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

So what is your solution? What type of therapy will solve the problem (that hasn't already been tried)? What drug will fix it? Since you seem to know so much better than the medical professionals that have been dealing with this for decades.

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I have a simple idea...do nothing. If as you believe this is "natural" then there isn't a problem. A male is a male, a female is a female, gay is gay and trans should remain exactly what they are. If this is natural, there should not need to be a change or "transition". They should be natural as what they are in whatever body nature gave them. Just like any of natures creatures. No creature in nature including humans require dramatic body modifications to be what nature intended them.

Again...they probably need some therapy to deal with that...but that would be my current suggestion.
edit on 5/14/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And yet, there were transgender people a thousand years ago.

Their presence was limited to the social and financial elite of the time. There certainly were not hundreds of cases across multiple districts where kids were just coming out the closet. Another poster went into that quite well. TODAY, any land where people have to actually survive from day to day, this issue is pretty much non-existent. Where it will pop up though, is with the wealthy families of the rulers of that land. This is where the majority of these cases will always be found, in populations that do not have to struggle to survive, have little physical threat to their existence, and have the luxury of time to feed their brains anything they find enjoyable

And when I say survive, I don't mean "oh I need to hurry up and find a job so they don't cut my cell phone, internet, and power. Because my unemployment don't cut it, or maybe I don't have it" . When I say survive, I mean a person cannot have their guard down for a moment or rabid militants will get the jump on them and cut open their throats, rape their mothers, an sell their siblings or kids of into slavery. Or they have to pray and be lucky enough that the hundreds of bombs that are dropped on their city from week to week won't have their name and number come up that day.

In those populations, such confusion as gender does not exist in any number outside a one in a million or less oddity. They don't have time to dedicate their thoughts and brain activity to such trivialities, they need to focus 100% of themselves to staying alive that day. Same went in times of ancient. The fact that it was documented means those people were important enough to be documented, who in the past was always done by the elite. The rulers mostly wrote and documented history, and therefore it makes sense that it is their wicked populations of excess would be the ones who illustrated these contradictions.

But hey as long as adults and do not try to abuse kids by feeding their minds blatant corruption, they are free to dress, act, consume medicine and mutilate the body to their hearts content. I still believe adults have that right no matter how hard I disagree with it. Just keep it away from the kids, and our conservative powers of the next eight years will not prosecute people for corruption of minors.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join