It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you navigate your own mind?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

That was awesome!!!!!! You guys are killing me here. I am so sore and need to leave and keep getting drawn back in here.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
You guys are all awesome! We will all be fine together. Now I really must go. Group hug!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You guys are killing me here. I am so sore and need to leave and keep getting drawn back in here

The best kind of pain!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Ahahaha! I'm really leaving now. Sweet dreams all!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I feel it.Even through the hardships, the rewards have been equally worthwhile.Some say that when the going gets easy, maybe we're going downhill, lol.

I like your thread, it's a chance to share tools and insights organically.In the past, I would often feel lonely, after a while it's reassuring to meet and recognize others on the way.When I first had a glimpse of looking at life from a more spiritual perspective, I felt like someone waking up into Plato's Allegory Of the Cave.Now, it's more like having a chance to enjoy camaraderie with others on a trip up a mountain...

edit on 12-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Time to sleep, good night everyone ❤❤❤

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Yeah, it's been a little over a year for me since I started and I'm still in the cave. I've made incredible progress even if I get impatient with myself for still being inside haha. But you can't just go straight from insidento outside- so the adjusting period is killer. At least thanks to night I have some epic music to wait/write to!

I am really glad to be of service as I try and fumble through my mind. Truly.

edit on 12-5-2017 by LucidWarrior because: Goodnight to you too!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

It's all good.There is lots of time.I fell under Aries, and felt like personal growth in this way was a bit of a contest or race at times.By default, I feel tend to have a competitive streak.I think it's good to take time though, stopping to smell the roses is important.It brings to mind the way a caterpillar grows into a butterfly.It's best to go at nature's pace.

I could talk all night about this.I want to, but need to sign off for now.Cheers, have a great day!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Mines gemini so it definitely feels like a struggle against myself. Yes, to smell the roses, to smile under the stars, to speak words of encouragement and offer a helping hand. True value right there!

Time for me to hit the hey as well. You too! May your dreams nourish you this night and bring clarity

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
A starting point: would be to develop the capacity to sit in a place of conscious-objective observation, and "observe" as a separate thing, your own thoughts.
Then dealing with these thoughts as they arise, in various ways. Soon: unwanted thoughts may conceptually arrive through the door, in your "quiet-space", and you effortlessly let them swoosh out the window. Gone.

The thing is you are always in the observing place - it is just a case of misidentification!
'You' are not anything that appears - 'you' are the quiet space in which all appears. No thought should be seen as unwanted - they are just like little birds tweeting. It is the belief that there are 'things' (thoughts) you do not want that causes the fear in the body. Living in fear of what may arise is uncomfortable.
Everything is passing except the aware space that you are.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Same with my family yes. They mean well but eventually I had to learn to accept them on intent and to reach them on their level. Glad I was of some help

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

A starting point: would be to develop the capacity to sit in a place of conscious-objective observation, and "observe" as a separate thing, your own thoughts.
Then dealing with these thoughts as they arise, in various ways. Soon: unwanted thoughts may conceptually arrive through the door, in your "quiet-space", and you effortlessly let them swoosh out the window. Gone.

The thing is you are always in the observing place - it is just a case of misidentification!
'You' are not anything that appears - 'you' are the quiet space in which all appears. No thought should be seen as unwanted - they are just like little birds tweeting. It is the belief that there are 'things' (thoughts) you do not want that causes the fear in the body. Living in fear of what may arise is uncomfortable.

Indeed you speak truth friend.
As you know: most folks will never attain that summit. The road is rocky and full of detours. Maps are rare and incomplete. The distractions are never-ending, and the hazards are many.

Am reacting to present context here: some good folks are struggling with depression, anxiety, and regret.
It just does not feel relative to the conversation, for us to discuss all of the wonders of Los Angeles, when the need at hand is to find a method of transportation, and a map just to get-out of New-York.

Please: if you can help with some practical advice relative to this context?
Thank-you Now.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Indeed you speak truth friend.
As you know: most folks will never attain that summit.

But it is unattainable because it is already so - but overlooked!

Am reacting to present context here: some good folks are struggling with depression, anxiety, and regret.
It just does not feel relative to the conversation, for us to discuss all of the wonders of Los Angeles, when the need at hand is to find a method of transportation, and a map just to get-out of New-York.

Observe 'New York' and stop trying to get to 'Los Angeles'. 'Los Angeles' is not here - it is a story. 'New York' is what there is.
It is thought which says this is wrong - this should not be - but it IS.
Whatever is happening is witnessed. The true 'you' is always aware of what is happening - even if it is a story happening about how to get somewhere else. There isn't 'somewhere else' - 'somewhere else/something else' only appears in stories.
Peace happens when 'somewhere else/something else' are seen for what they are - non existent.
Is there anything to worry about or be anxious about right here and right now? If there is worry or anxiety it is about before now or after now or about how to get somewhere else.

edit on 13-5-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Nothin

I like that! I shall swoosh the bad stuff out the window. Next time my mind gets all busy with bad thoughts, I should try to visualize that.

Don't try to envision anything at all - just see what there is and hear what there is. The issue is that most people are living with 'what is not happening' and that is why there is fear - you cannot do anything in the realm of 'what is not happening' - you are powerless in past and future stories - they cannot be fixed by you.
The cure to 'what is not happening' is 'what is happening' and it is available at all times. See and hear.

Stop going to the mind for a way out - it is the mind you should be getting out of if you want peace. Step outside the mind and see the thoughts arising and passing by. All is passing except the peaceful space.

edit on 13-5-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I couldnt agree more.

Our subconscious has a vast storehouse of information, but access is limited

That access is exactly what I was questioning here. I feel like you did a good job of explaining it in this entire post.

You said
"I feel the images we relate too, are tools we use when learning to work with the energies they represent."

That is very accurate, and I thank you for illuminating quite clearly what I have tried to frame. I work with tools but I feel blind to the energies they represent. Hmm, what an interesting thought: you gave me terminology with which to better address myself, and thus realize more clearly the nature of my problem. The energy, is the process? So it's about shifting the process over to be aligned with where you want to be. The words, the tools, are symbols, which serve to bridge the gap between the real(us) and the ideal( the meaning) to borrow lacanian terms, affirming our intent into actuality. Because the tools are outside of man's ideal just as the other is.

a reply to: Itisnowagain

Okay I get what you are saying a lot better than I usually do. But, when you say: "The true 'you' is always aware of what is happening - even if it is a story happening about how to get somewhere else. There isn't 'somewhere else' - 'somewhere else/something else' only appears in stories. " I cannot help but tfeel as if you are contradicting yourself
edit on 13-5-2017 by LucidWarrior because: Rest of the quote

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Looking over the thread and thinking about navigating the mind, I am wondering if you were pondering this more in terms of action or understanding.

In real time, I often describe the relationship between heart and mind like those cartoons with a little devil and angel on either shoulder.I know this concept originates with Freud, but feel my take is more Jungian.

Earlier on, I thought perhaps you alluded to motivation in your Op, Lucid Warrior. I part of the trick for me, was learning to understand better the natural laws that come into play.

I've dug some big holes for myself before, so finding the drive can be challenging...

...communication has been brought up here to. I think something helpful has been learning to practice expressing myself on different levels.My family aren't into metaphysics or philosophy so much.So when I share with them, I'll try to keep to more emotional or physical descriptions at the time.

Idk, my dad likes to talk politics for example.Commenting on various leaders and policy.Sometimes it tests my patience, I prefer talking about ideas.So when we talk politics, I'll try putting that slant on it and listen to his perspective.Then I can enjoy our time together, and more easily engage him....

I think this is similar to the way poetry and the arts let us take in ideas, in a more creative fashion.
edit on 13-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Added last part

edit on 13-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Spelling

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

You said
"I feel the images we relate too, are tools we use when learning to work with the energies they represent."

That is very accurate, and I thank you for illuminating quite clearly what I have tried to frame. I work with tools but I feel blind to the energies they represent. Hmm, what an interesting thought: you gave me terminology with which to better address myself, and thus realize more clearly the nature of my problem. The energy, is the process? So it's about shifting the process over to be aligned with where you want to be. The words, the tools, are symbols, which serve to bridge the gap between the real(us) and the ideal( the meaning) to borrow lacanian terms, affirming our intent into actuality. Because the tools are outside of man's ideal just as the other is.

To put it another way, imo practicing getting to know yourself better in different ways makes it easier to focus your efforts.I find it cerebral to describe it this way, but in practice it's much more simple.

I believe that the better one practices getting their heart, mind, and body working together, the easier it is to achieve one's goals.All things being equal, from without, the within will make the difference.Self healing has been brought up in this thread, it's helpful because it makes it easier to work with the heart.The heart in the body, we feel with.

I think learning to listen to our bodies, helps us access our subconscious.For context, feelings for me defined by physical sensation, emotions defined by how I choose to think about that.

Idk if this is really a problem though, we have our entire lives to learn.I didn't realize this aspect of this till a little later on in my life.I'm in my late 30's.
edit on 13-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: on computer

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

Okay I get what you are saying a lot better than I usually do. But, when you say: "The true 'you' is always aware of what is happening - even if it is a story happening about how to get somewhere else. There isn't 'somewhere else' - 'somewhere else/something else' only appears in stories. " I cannot help but tfeel as if you are contradicting yourself

Right here and right now where is somewhere else/somewhen else? They are only in thought/imagination - they are not here - they are not real - they are stories. Can you see or hear 'somewhere/some when' else'?
The 'true' you is what is seeing and hearing - the 'true' you is not the body or mind - the 'true' you is the witness of what is arising now. Nothing can arise outside of now - all thoughts and sensations happen now.
If it is realised that there is only now happening then there is a lot less to worry or be anxious about.

But there is a belief in 'me in time' - there is no 'me in time' - because there is no time - there is only what is actually happening. Thoughts can speak now about 'someone in time' but that 'someone' is just a story.
There is only ever what is happening and no one is doing what is happening.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
You are not a 'person in time' - you are aware.

edit on 14-5-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I just don't buy it man. I've never done it, but it apparently is possible to see it hear somewhere somewhen else- remote viewing or astral projection.

Even more- in the excerpt I quoted you directly contradicted yourself by saying you are always aware of what's happening even if it's just about a story of somewhere else, then saying somewhere else is just in stories. If you experience the story of somewhere else, then it is real to you.

Also, I know somewhere else exists- I don't see you anywhere at all around me.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It is a problem- this is the kind of stuff we should be teaching our kids instead if garbage.

Yeah my op was talking about motivation as well. Because wanting something in most cases isn't sufficient unless it's immediately gratifying or something I need to do.

I like that, about poetry.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join