It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you navigate your own mind?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Same here my awesome friend of 12 years! You have helped me in ways I could have never imagined!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

It was a huge problem of mine for years, until I found Night Star and experienced being understood. My own family never understood me that deeply, though they love me. It took me a long time to connect emotionally to them on a certain level which seems shallow to me, and to feel comfortable with that.

We do indeed seem a lot alike. I really like your poems, btw. I have written a lot of poems myself over the years.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Ah. I had heard of the hats method before then. I had thought that led to it's own despair, similar to what W0lf talks about his mask falling off and not knowing what's underneath. Not saying I don't think it would be useful for me I do see how it would help. But to live that way seems to be begging for alcoholism or nihilism.

a reply to: Night Star

It will be, one day! Just don't know which one yet or if I've even thought of it yet!

Yes I just have to learn to live in those small moments especially when I feel like I'm in a big bad one, like most times.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Yeah I hear you on the family part. Like I literally try and pour my soul out to them like I do when I write, my parents even say they read most things I make publicly available, but it's like they fail to ever see the me beneath the struggle, and they add to my pain even though I know they are acting from love.

Thanks, that means a lot! I'll have to have a trawl over your threads now haha

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. You don't need to figure out everything overnight. For some of us, it has taken many years to go through experiences and learn from them and come to accept that some things can be changed and others can't. People spend their entire lives sometimes trying to figure out the whys and what-nots. Explore your world and all the wonders of it. Hold on to whatever good may come your way and realize that you make a difference in people's lives and don't minimize the importance of that.

It's a tough world out there, but there is always hope, love and inspiration.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

My own family loves me, but I could never get into as deep and philosophical a conversation with them as I do here on this site or with you and others.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I was thinking about challenges to do with one's sanity.I think sooner or later everyone can hit rough patches in their mental health, especially when exploring our spirituality.It's like you never really know how tall you are, until your in over your head.

I've wrestled with this, and lost my balance before.Psychosis is scary.In that state, I've felt overwhelmed and made some poor choices.They say every cloud has a silver lining, last time someone kind gave me a tip.Once I had my wits about me, and had a chance to reflect, they suggested I write myself a letter.

A heartfelt letter to myself, to remind me about what had happened, the lessons there, and what to look out for.

Perception is fluid and it's hard to be able to listen to others when experiencing altered states.They don't understand, they don't know what it's like, and all the other fears that can hijack one's mind.Putting pen to paper, while reminding myself of the road traveled and evaluating my health on different levels of being.I put down questions about triggers, drugs, alcohol,;the ways I start to slide that personally take their toll on me.Then a reminder about love and living life in the simplicity of faith.

I put it in a safe place, and look at it from time to time when the heat is rising.I found this very therapeutic and look at it from time to time.Hopefully some will find this helpful, I have found it a good tool to use when it comes to maintaining my mental health...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

It's important to have our feelings validated. I love the ATS community as there are so many amazing people here that will understand and even some who will relate completely. They can give us insights and pick us up when we are down.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I'm glad that you have found something that really works for you. I have never experienced psychosis, but it does sound frightening. I wish you well.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

There are mental gymnastics that can be practiced, to "handle" these appearing thoughts of the past

What you're just gonna leave it at that?? That IS what this thread is about XD

LoL. Yeah. Somehow feels difficult to explain.

Saying: have no way to offer you particular methods, or recipes. Numerous influences have morphed this.

A starting point: would be to develop the capacity to sit in a place of conscious-objective observation, and "observe" as a separate thing, your own thoughts.
Then dealing with these thoughts as they arise, in various ways. Soon: unwanted thoughts may conceptually arrive through the door, in your "quiet-space", and you effortlessly let them swoosh out the window. Gone.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Hello, Kind, sir.

I haven't experienced psychosis(I'll admit I had to look it up) but I would say I have been close before, even recently. Yes, exactly! Perception is fluid, too fluid, and the murky Waters shift as I try to sift myself through the looking Glass with my pen in hand and my heart clutched perhaps a bit too tightly in the other... Thank heaven for poetry and words and metaphysics or I wouldn't even be here still.

You know... I've done a lot of writing to myself. Most of it in fact. But I've never actually written a letter to myself...

I feel like sharing this piece, I hope it might be of help. Your words, reminding yourself of the road you've travelled made me remember it.

Rise away from the heat of battle
The cries of pain and death rattles
Wipe The sweat and blood away
Take a second to rest in the light of day
Reminisce on the road you've travelled
And dream of what's in store
Take a look inside at that voice demandin more
The reason why you fight,
To burst at the seams in your effort to grow into your dreams
Listen deeper, past the plight
Can you hear your dream softly cry?
Calling you to lay down your weapons and sigh?
Full filled on the exhalation
She will murmur a revelation
Why must you fight?
It only spreads the blight
Of your affliction
Your efforts bring no benediction
You cannot be
Anything except what you already are
There's no need to fight
Because your will is a reflection
Of your souls intention
So wade in misery and combat no more,
Young warrior,
Lie in the grass, dream nourishing
Relax and you will see flourishing
Thought patterns transpiring
To create a heightened sensitivity
To magical creativity
And in the sweetness of these thoughts
You will find what you ought
And all for that which you have fought
Are already yours
Just walk through the wide open doors
It is your right
To dwell in light
And easily breathe your might
And soulfully take flight
'The pen is mightier than the sword'-
Have truer words ever been written ?
Whatever the answer, i am smitten

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Thank you.My Oma and Opa used to tell me, "Smooth seas never made for skillful sailors".

originally posted by: Night Star
My own family loves me, but I could never get into as deep and philosophical a conversation with them as I do here on this site or with you and others.

This has been an tough for me too, at times.They start to get worried at times, and it makes me feel like I can't be myself completely around them.Fortunately our community, and my old one gave me a chance to express myself.Offline, my close friends understand.Over the years it has become easier to grow and have a deeper understanding of philosophy. Idk, if I would have had the opportunity otherwise.

Thanks Lucid Warrior for putting this thread out there.It's a rich topic to explore.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I like that! I shall swoosh the bad stuff out the window. Next time my mind gets all busy with bad thoughts, I should try to visualize that. Usually though, I like the thoughts of Angels being near.
I think if I have a guardian Angel, he quit or something. I think they're trying to find a replacement.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I have close friends who I can talk to about anything and they get it or at the very least are very interested. That helps a lot!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Great poem! I love reading all your stuff. I'd say more, but starting to get sleepy and achy sitting here.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
Ah. I had heard of the hats method before then. I had thought that led to it's own despair, similar to what W0lf talks about his mask falling off and not knowing what's underneath. Not saying I don't think it would be useful for me I do see how it would help. But to live that way seems to be begging for alcoholism or nihilism.

Oh!
But we forgot to mention the bonus hat!!!

A hat that is just for your super-awesome, truest heart-of-hearts, most genuine and authentic self.
A sacred hat, that you guard with a titanium wall, and only expose to the most trustworthy.
So that no sharks, wolves, nor foxes, shall be able to spot your vulnerabilities.

Imagine a business-savvy manager, whom manages a deeply emotive artist. The manager will shield the artist, and not let the wolves in-to the artists deep space.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I like that! I shall swoosh the bad stuff out the window. Next time my mind gets all busy with bad thoughts, I should try to visualize that. Usually though, I like the thoughts of Angels being near.
I think if I have a guardian Angel, he quit or something. I think they're trying to find a replacement.

Must be a tall order: finding a new guardian-Angel, with cute Elven ears...

The old one probably got promoted, after guiding you to be such a wonderful person.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Beautiful poem, brother.

I need to get back to writing poetry more often.I really enjoy going down by the river and taking the time to write.Poetry has a sublime way of touching us, in a way that sometimes seems our modern times take for granted.

LucidWarrior, it's helpful and a very personal way of sharing our aspirations.

Here's one about my Muse...

Everywhere I look,
Even the stars in the sky,
The murmuring of endless brooks,
The glint and sparkle of your eyes,
There,
The mystery of your sweet looks....

Love is freedom,
Grace is your kingdom,
Come to me true,
Fear of mistaking you,
Words don't do justice,
To what you are,
Though nobody is perfect,
A diamond is your star.

I've tread endless paths,
Unravelling mysteries long past,
Stood in wonder and awe,
Trying to figure out who you are.

What good is the world?
What paradox is life?
If I can't hold you my wife?

Everywhere I go,
Even Pan's flute solo,
Sounds better with your harp,
The missing piece of my heart.

Twice blessed by angels,
Sweet rejoice,
The sound of your voice.

Learning patience again,
Longing to let go,
Of the only fear left,
The fear I'm not worthy,
Of all the secrets,
Your love told me...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. You don't need to figure out everything overnight. 

That's a lot of what is scary though- the thought if I don't get sorted now I never will. So many people have lived their lives lost and I can't help but to dream and fight for s better... Clearer... Way forward. And hey Missy!!! Don't you think that about your angel ok?! YOU are like a fresh breath in a world tired and old... Don't you think that you are falling out... And yes I know this is for me too.

Aha you see I wear that hat all the time! Or try to anyways.
As the predators fight
Bickering over my blood
Little do the know-!
They are fire with which I write
-A storm to unleash a flood-
As I reap what they sow.

Also you said it! A promotion definitely deserved for suhh a wonderful Star

Dude. I felt each word of that in my heart. My soul. I hold that love too brother. We're gonna be just fine you hear?? This world ain't got nothing on us and we ain't ever gonna be out for the count and our time, the time of easy song and light laughter in the wind, the time of real peace and joy.... It is coming.

I demand you make that poem it's own post if you haven't already.
edit on 12-5-2017 by LucidWarrior because: Seriously dffrnt!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Awwww, thank you so much! Hugs!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join