It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you navigate your own mind?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

It is a problem- this is the kind of stuff we should be teaching our kids instead if garbage.

With my kids lately, I've been trying to remind them about the way they use their words and describe themselves.Often hear them using negative self talk for example.Imo, the subconscious records everything, so I encourage them to practice trying to express themselves more carefully.I tell them if they have negative emotions to practice framing their speech as best they can or to practice thinking actively about what their going to say, or say nothing at all.It's not easy, and they feel discouraged about their progress compared to other kids in class like math or science.

They sometimes wonder about how gifted their classmates are and have told me how they have noticed some of the immigrants appear to excel in those classes."They're just all better at that." Sure, everyone is blessed with their own gifts.I remind them though, that the discipline that comes from practice is a much larger factor, then is apparent .

High school, an incredibly stressful time for many of us.I wouldn't want to go back, lol.So I cut kids some slack.I repeat myself often to my kids, I'm optimistic that they will learn to recognize the principles I'm sharing with them.Even if they disagree, I remind them that practice and practicing watching the ideas will make things more clear.

Their behavior is questionable at times, I'm lucky we're close enough that they share their perspective more deeply with me.It's encouraging.

When they were younger, we used to go down to the pool.Often I'd drink coffee and chat with other parents and grandparents in the lounge as we watched over the children.

It can be quite enlightening to talk with the elderly.They often have much wisdom and life experience to share.My grandparents passed over some time ago, I don't hang out with older folks as much as I should.I the way I look, discourages older folks from talking to me.Anyways, the elderly at the rec center often surprised me by some of what they had to say. They're often on another level, vets too

Yeah my op was talking about motivation as well. Because wanting something in most cases isn't sufficient unless it's immediately gratifying or something I need to do.

I like that, about poetry.

This reminds me about needs and wants, time management. STS/STO, looking for balance there can create challenges.This kept me feeling like a chicken with my head cut off for a long time. A friend told me one's needs ahead of one's wants and your needs ahead of other's wants, their needs ahead of your wants.It's a balancing act where Maslow's hierarchy of needs can be useful.His tip took the edge off the anxiety I felt, trying to lead a more productive lifestyle...

edit on 14-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Spelling

edit on 14-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Spacing

edit on 14-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: X2

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

a reply to: Itisnowagain

I just don't buy it man. I've never done it, but it apparently is possible to see it hear somewhere somewhen else- remote viewing or astral projection.

You don't buy what I tell you - but you buy that it is possible to see or hear somewhere/some when else when you have not done it.

Even more- in the excerpt I quoted you directly contradicted yourself by saying you are always aware of what's happening even if it's just about a story of somewhere else, then saying somewhere else is just in stories. If you experience the story of somewhere else, then it is real to you.

The story is real - words happen that speak of tomorrow but tomorrow has never been experienced. A story is experienced about somewhere/some when else - but you will never experience anywhere but where you are.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join