It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: olaru12

The FBI is still independent of the white house. Trump has committed political suicide with this move. The news cycles around the globe will all have the same headline tomorrow.
Trump quashes investigation into his campaign. Government cover up!

He's dead in the water.
Down on the mat.
Watch that towel...

Sorry but no. You can quote me on that. Trump is gonna be president for a long time. The Dems made a mistake in poking him for so long. Now he is going to strike back with a vengeance. Buckle up you have seen nothing yet.

It would be no small miracle if he survive in that seat till the end of this yr, you seriously think, others in the FBI won't give up the goodies on Trump by leaking info like water through a strainer..c'mon man.

They had roughly 2 years to leak any info and nothing happened. You seriously overestimating the intelligence community and their loyalty to Obama and Clinton. The majority is pro Trump because they were used as the janitors for Clinton and Obama for the past 8 years. They are mad as hell and the day of reckoning is getting closer.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Given the reasons stated in the deputy AG's letter I think it has to go in that direction now. You cant fire someone, citing the reason you fired them is because they reached the wrong conclusion on Clinton, only to not reopen the investigation.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ah, makes sense. I think maybe I just wanted to believe there was only one agency that could be listening into my phone calls...

Local Fox channel just reported Trump fired Comey due to "mishandling of the Clinton email case." NBC will be on in a little bit to give me the other side. (Then I watch CNN and FOX replays to see the meltdowns, lol)

TheRedneck

The number of people who can request an unmask is extremely limited. I think Comey testified there was only like 2 dozen agents at the FBI who had the authority to request an unmask. The national security advisor is also on that list.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

More flippin' and a floppin' from the shameless hypocrites.

I know right?

‘He’s Become More Famous Than Me’: Trump Hugs James Comey During White House Ceremony
Trump praises Comey for having 'a lot of guts'Trump Asks James Comey to Stay On as FBI Director
Trump singles out Comey for special praise

...then bang bang, Donald's golden hammer came down on his head....

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Enough with the conspiracy bull excrement. It's nonsense.
Try reality...

The irony given your comment about Trump being investigated when Obamas people already cleared him of collusion with Russia.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl
I vote for Sheriff David Clarke to take the job. No nonsense law enforcement guy.

No nonsense my azz he is a partisan hack, who is currently under investigation for a prisoner under his care dying of THRIST!! in one of his prisons , he is either callous or incompetent perhaps both, in any case he should not get that job, last time I check Milwaukee was not located in a desert nor was it under going a drought.

Sheriff Clarke's Jail Under Investigation After Inmate Dies Of Thirst
www.10news.com...

edit on 9-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Given the hatred the media and the Democrats have for Trump, and everyone that voted for him. I really think if there were hard evidence against him, it would be out already.

There truly does seem to be a simmering low scale civil war within certain agencies in government. This seemed to come out of the blue. I can't think of a more disrespectful way to fire someone, except maybe by text or twitter.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
Given the hatred the media and the Democrats have for Trump, and everyone that voted for him. I really think if there were hard evidence against him, it would be out already.

There truly does seem to be a simmering low scale civil war within certain agencies in government. This seemed to come out of the blue. I can't think of a more disrespectful way to fire someone, except maybe by text or twitter.

Obama was a proven idiot, but even he would have used damn near anything he had on Trump to keep him from winning the election because Obbers knew that Trump would completely erase his entire commie legacy.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Actually, sessions is protected as he was testifying as a senator. He's protected by some weird congressional rule that allows senators and congressmen to lie to one another under oath. Now I'm drawing a blank of what it's called but sessions literally can't be tried for perjury. But even if he could it's not perjury since the rule is that "if there's an innocent way to interpret the statement then that must be used." The innocent interpretation is that he was referring to the specific question asked about in his duties as a surrogate, and in those duties he did not meet with the Russian ambassador.

Perjury isn't a technicality type law, you have to intend to deceive, be fully aware of the truth, and lie about it. There can be no gray area.

I haven't read much into the comey lie, so I can't say whether he'll face prosecution, but it's highly unlikely.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

The speech and debate clause?? Does not apply to congressional hearings when you are placed under oath. It is in fact perjury to lie in that manner under the conditions another poster listed.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Geez there's a lot of stupid in this thread.

First, as I've explained before, yes there is an active FBI investigation. No Trump is not the target, nor is it even a criminal investigation. To those of you that posted links to news articles talking about it... read those articles completely. You'll find that the target of the investigation is Russia and the type is counterintelligence. Yes, Trump and his team are part of that investigation because they were part of the election. It's not been publicized but you can bet that Clinton and her people are part of the investigation too since they have Russian ties and were also part of the election... Again, the type and target of an investigation matter. The target is Russia and the type is counterintelligence.

Second, the director of the FBI getting fired does not in any way mean dictatorship. Congress and the Senate are still very much in power... That whole line of thought is just asinine. Now if Trump disbands Congress and the Senate or finds someway to pass laws (actual laws, not executive orders or actions) without them coming from the Senate and Congress then yeah, dictatorship... Not until then.

Third, this is the most absurd overreacting, posting based on nothing but feelings, circle-jerk between opposing sides of THE SAME DAMN COUNTRY I've seen in a long time. No matter what your ideology or party is, you're ultimately on the same team.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

That's the one!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Actually, Christy being chosen wouldn't surprise me.

Wouldn't thrill me either, but I could be wrong about him...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I dunno about the rest of you but I called the Senate Judiciary Committee and demanded an independent special prosecutor be appointed to continue the investigation into the administration's ties to Russia.

The phone number is 202-224-5225.

link   
and the BS headlines begin -

The New York Times‏Verified account @nytimes 33m33 minutes ago

The front page of The New York Times for Wednesday, May 10, 2017

link   
a reply to: Spider879

The prisoner was not "under his care."

The jail is one of several prisons in his jurisdiction.

It was over a year ago and no criminal charges were ever filed.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Not really BS. There is an inquiry into administration ties to Russia. It's been pointed out at least ten times.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Thanks for the number.

I called and demanded that they stop wasting taxpayer money on delusional fantasy witch hunts.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Not really BS. There is an inquiry into administration ties to Russia. It's been pointed out at least ten times.

Its been pointed out Trump did not collude with Russia and Comey was fired for his handling of the Clinton probe and nothing involving Russia.

So yes a misleading bs headline.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join