It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I think it would have been better done in the first 30 days. Since that didn't happen, after the FBI investigation was concluded. There would have still been people who saw the termination of Comey at any point as suspicious I'm sure, but you have to admit the optics of firing the FBI director while the FBI is investigating members of the Trump campaign/admin are bad.

When is a time when it would have been more suspicious?

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

The Left is always 3 steps behind Trump. They still don't understand the way he thinks. He's constantly strategizing with the intention of getting extra value from each move.

The harder the commies try to ding Trump, the more they lose. It's truly a thing of beauty to behold.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Wow.. It's gonna be like 50 years before anyone trusts a republican again.

Thanks trump!

Wouldn't be surprised if "trump" becomes a dirty word.. It does have "rump" in it - and he is an a$$.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

It's also funny that Dems were upset about him reopening the Clinton email case and many said he was no longer fit to be director. Now Trump fires him, and the Dems are like wtf!?
Love it. Shows the confusion of the Dems.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The Russian narrative was dead until this news hit. Only the left most vestiges of media reported anything meaningful on it.

The left would have been suspicious of it no matter when it happened. I don't think the timing is fishy at all.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Dfairlite

When is a time when it would have been more suspicious?

It would have been more suspicious if Comey was fired after testifying that there was evidence of collusion.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
a reply to: SBMcG

It's also funny that Dems were upset about him reopening the Clinton email case and many said he was no longer fit to be director. Now Trump fires him, and the Dems are like wtf!?
Love it. Shows the confusion of the Dems.

Pretty much every leftist up for re-election in 2018 is now going to have ads run against them where they demand Comey's removal and then 6 months later complain about it, LMMFLWAO!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reopening that investigation was the end of his career. He knew that. If trump won, he was gone because he didn't prosecute. If Hillary won he was gone because he harmed her politically.

I think he's kept the russia investigation going on as a way to try to preserve his job.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

The Left is always 3 steps behind Trump. It's truly a thing of beauty to behold.

That's because President Trump is conscious and thinking 16% longer every day than the Left. You can easily outsmart your opponents when you sleep only 4 hours a day, compared to their 8.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Or it shows the ineptitude of Trump and Sessions foresight when they decided that now was a good time to fire Director Comey.

Comey was a pretty popular guy within the rank and file agents at the bureau. As stated earlier Trump has already gone out of his way to piss on the heads of people within the alphabet agencies... Something that could bite him in the ass. I mean really? You would rather get your morning briefings from Fox and Friends instead of a group of highly trained spies and law enforcement agents? The FBI was already suspicious of the president, now they may be outright vengeful.

If there was going to be a tight lid on leaks consider the lid unscrewed. What are a bunch of pissed off FBI agents going to do when their Director is fired? Well stand by, because you can expect DC Leaks and Wikileaks to be getting some new intel soon. I would give any of you 10/1 odds if you want to book some bets.

If you think people are going to believe in the credibility of an investigation that just had its lead investigator fired, think again. Even today Sen. Lindsey Graham called for an investigation into Trump’s business ties to Russia... you know those Russian oligarchs and mobsters who have been backing his businesses around the globe? Yeah... that's a huge conflict of interest for the tiny handed man with a gold pen.

We can also now comfortably and unequivocally compare him to Nixon. Look how well that worked out for Tricky Dick after he fired Archibald Cox.

These are things that Trump die hards fail to recognize as legitimate concerns. All the rest of us have to do is wait patiently.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

reopening that investigation was the end of his career. He knew that. If trump won, he was gone because he didn't prosecute. If Hillary won he was gone because he harmed her politically.

I think he's kept the russia investigation going on as a way to try to preserve his job.

I couldn't agree more. Everytime I heard him speak he looked to me like he was playing games with his words, as if he tried to keep both parties happy.

edit on 9-5-2017 by Tekaran because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
Wow.. It's gonna be like 50 years before anyone trusts a republican again.

Thanks trump!

Wouldn't be surprised if "trump" becomes a dirty word.. It does have "rump" in it - and he is an a$$.

This is a typical lefty response. Zero substance. Just insults. Have nothing left but to call him an ass.

Lost in that of course is that Trump did exactly what liberals wanted, fire Comey. So he does exactly what the left wants and lefties spin as "it's gonna be like 50 years before anyone trusts a republican again".

My brain hurts attempting figure out the length and degree of mental gymnastics liberals go thru to say such hypocritical nonsense.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Good thinking!

So now that Comey's gone, do you feel that Trump will be cleared quickly, and Hillary/Bill (Clinton Foundation) will be referred to the DOJ for prosecution quickly as well?

Fingers crossed. (Maybe the prediction below will come to pass after all!)

edit on 5/9/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's pure fantasy.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: carewemust

That's pure fantasy.

With this administration, MIRACLES HAPPEN.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
interesting.

he sure loves to fire people....

an investigation gets close to trump....youre fired!

nice

Investigation? More like fabrication.

They have found nothing substantial against Trump. They falsely accuse Trump of doing exactly what the Clinton's have been proven to do. Yet nothing is done to the Clinton's and they keep fabricating some fable against Trump.

Donations to the Clinton Foundation, and a Russian Uranium Takeover

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Just a thought....How ironic that James Comey is getting ready to deliver a speech at a venue in Los Angeles and sees his firing announced via the media on a TV screen in the room.

That moment when you finally get what it feels like when sensitive information is LEAKED to the media and you sit there dumbfounded and have to listen to their interpretive narrative!
edit on 10-5-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
For my 2 cents.

I'm really surprised and thrilled this has happened. One of the operatives in the Obama - DNC - Clinton crime family is gone! I'm really not sure what was wrong with Comey but he just seemed to confuse and muddy the waters continuously.

I think this is a step in the right direction.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Think done that way to prevent influence campaign by Comey and it ensured Washington office was secured.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Okay, glad this man is gone. He was obviously bought and paid for by the democratic party or was at the very least colluding with Hillary Clinton. Many of us still remember the "unorthodox" hearing from the FBI director SAYING that Hillary did have an illegally set up server with classified documents and followed it with not suggesting an indictment by the DoJ. It stunk to high heaven of corruption and political promises.

I'm glad to see him go and my only regret is that it took Trump this long to get this guy out of an esteemed office that he had defiled.

On a side note to Antideluvian and Swills:
There has been no proof of ANY KIND from any of the intelligence groups that Trump or his team had anything to do with Russia. Quit pushing BS narratives that are simply false on all fronts. Hillary was guilty of selling Uranium to them. She was guilty of using her station as SoS for monetary gain. She was guilty of sending and receiving classified emails on a private server. As a blue dog Democrat from the south, sociallly progressive liberals are the reason I have voted republican for the last 3 elections.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join