It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I am about to do the same thing!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Well at least you're an engaged citizen.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Now Elizabeth Warren is claiming Comey was fired because of Russia. Democrats never learn.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Bill Clinton fired the FBI directer (at the time) a day or so before Vince Foster was found.

William Sessions was under fire for ethics violations before the inauguration. Clinton gave him most of a month to resign and then canned him.

Meanwhile Comey and Clapper have both said said there was no collusion.

No, they didn't say there was no collusion. Clapper said, "We had no evidence of such collusion." That would have been as of his resignation Jan 20. Right-wing media has been making a big deal of his most recent testimony where he reiterated this position. I find that odd and telling considering he resigned in Jan — Clapper has no idea what's transpired in the interim — why would his answer change?

Comey on the other hand has said nothing of the sort. There's an ongoing FBI investigation remember? That's what he actually said. Trump, bizarrely, in his letter to Comey, thanked him for informing Trump "three times" that Trump himself was not under investigation. I'm sure that letter was leaked by the Trump clowns too which is why that bit was in the letter.

Also, I made this for folks repeating this "no evidence of collusion" nonsense:

edit on 2017-5-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

It will be entertaining to look back at this thread after the dust settles.

This thread has been entertaining, and the dust already settle.

Comeys fired.

Trumps still president.

And his haters still got nothing to hang their hats on.

Flawless victory.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Funniest thing I've seen all night: "I bet Comey shows up for work tomorrow because he couldn't discern that letter's intent".

link   
Good Lord.. now CNN -

CNN‏Verified account @CNN 3m3 minutes ago

.@jaketapper: Pres. Trump shares zero of the Deputy AG's concerns about how unfair Comey was to Hillary Clinton

link   
a reply to: neo96

Exactly. And what's really awesome is that no other republican as president could have done this without the media excoriating them and drawing blood. Spicey Spicer will just laugh and call them fake news and this will all blow over relatively quickly.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

These circular arguments are so boring.

Evidence of the Trump administration's collusion won't be made available from federal sources until there's either a leak from the FBI or until they have enough evidence to prove it.

If I was Mike Pence I would have the 25th amendment memorized. He may be able to save himself before the ship sinks.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

So you should be excited that comey got fired, right? I mean, now the FBI should leak like a sieve against our crazy pres, no!?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I don't think I've ever given so many stars in a post. Bye Comey, Trump still winning, and bring on Trey Gowdy! Since this was done in a letter, and not sitting him down in a meeting, tells me someing big is coming. The next few days will surely be interesting!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I don't think anyone is sorry to see Comey go. For the Left and in particular, Democrats, his election shenanigans (twice) were enough but nonetheless, I do believe that a lot of people, even on the Left, thought that Comey would shoot straight on the Russian investigation.

The timing is suspicious. In fact, it's so overtly suspicious that the WH had to know in advance that it would cause a ruckus — and they did it anyway — which makes the whole thing seem somehow desperate and therefore... more suspicious.

At best, it was poorly executed. Poor execution seems to be a constant with this administration. The icing on the cake is that while Comey was summarily terminated, seemingly out of the blue and for questionable reasons, Flynn was allowed to resign despite (if the WH is to be believed) lying straight to the faces of Trump, Pence, etc about his communications with Kislyak.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Liberals pretend this never happens and is extremely awful.Also something called politics.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Just curious, when would it not have been suspicious?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I doubt there will be any charges. What he said was clearly not true but for it to be lying, there would have to be intent. From what I heard earlier, it sounded like he misspoke.

i grinned so hard when i read this.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

If they had something on Trump it would have been leaked before the election... Considering Clinton tried with the FISA leaks coupled with obama people saying there was no Trump-Russia collusion... well that dog wont hunt.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

But didn't you hear, the investigation magically broke through on inauguration day when clapper resigned.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Removing Comey in an effort to preempt some major FBI announcement against TRump = Trump people makes no sense considering the #2 at the FBI is a Democrats husband who failed to disclose that his wife got funding from t he DNC / Clinton campaign for her run.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I figured Comey would end up getting "fired" back when this all was going on in October before the election. Now I'm not sure who's side he is really on, but his getting fired a.k.a constant news coverage...still keeps our eyes off of the real crime: Hillary Clinton took our National Security secrets home to her unsecured basement computer!! And, don't forget all those 1000's of pesky emails on her assistant's husbands' home laptop!! Just another slight-of-hand magic show? a reply to: theantediluvian

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: TinfoilTP
Comey had various Financial connections to Clinton.

Dir. Comey, has a brother, Peter Comey, who works for DLA Piper, a law firm that does the Clinton Foundation taxes.

FBI Director Comey was paid six million dollars from the Clinton Foundation through his brothers law firm, cash from defense contractor Lockheed-Martin.

Lockheed then became a contributing member of the Clinton Foundation and also a member of the Chamber of Commerce of Egypt, the same CoC that paid Bill Clinton a quarter of a million dollars for a short speech in 2010.

fetchyournews.com...

Maybe this stuff will see the light of day now that his firing is big HUUUUGE news, don't expect to see it on CNN though.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join