It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Genes, Religous implications ?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I would like a shot at those that do not want preaching to.

I have no desire to convert you. You as you proclaim do not need Jesus. You can stand on your own deeds at judgement. If you do not believe in judgement day, you have nothing to fear now do you so why the hate?

I on the otherhand I try to show love to my fellow humans. If they are in need of a Savior, I want to show them the Light, Jesus.

You both, a waste of time and effort. You two have only love for yourselves or love for those you expect to get something back from. I would never expect any of you unbelievers to be in a relationship where the love is one sided. That kind of love is unselfish. You would have to understand Jesus and his one-sided love for all those crucifing him. That would be illogical to both of you. The faith you have, as little as it may have been, may have been taken from you.

My advice to both of you:

1 Cor 15:32
"Let us eat and drink,
for tomorrow we die."
NIV

Live it up for your time is short!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Xrippermanx - Yes I can think about the saddest moment of my lfe and feel happy about it depending on how I choose to vew it. Should I view my lowest moment as the day in which I learned an important lesson about how god supports me in my life it becomes a jotous occasion. Just as many in recovery when looking at how they hit rock bottom consider it the greatest and most important day of thier life.
As for mentioning my mrality with or without referenceng the bible. You personal opinion of my faith, the bible, or my morality is ireelevant as is your opinion as to whther or not I am justifies using the bible as the basis of my morality. The bible is the foundation on which my morality is built. In addition for you to imply that your'e morality is more valid than mine becuase you base yours on your life experinces and your locig is specious. We all have a basis for our views of the world, whehter those views are based on experience, science, politics or religon is irelevant.
And finally as to "justifying my faith" through logic.
Well rippa if you believe in Jesus's ministry and accept it as truth no proof is needed, if you do not then no proof will be sufficient.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
You preach it brutha. Although you may upset some users on here by having Christian views. Remember it appears that all views are welcome here except for Christian views. Over the months, because I am a Christian and sharing the Bible, I have been labeled a Bigot, a homophobe, a retard, and countless other names.

Back on subject, I still have seen no proof that genes positively affect our sexuality. Good grief, humans are not sexual beings until puberty. Show me a six year old boy that feels sexual attraction towards man or woman. You can't, because homoness is not genetic, it is a choice.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm wondering why anybody is looking for gay genes in the first place. Being gay is not an illness to be irradiated. Gay people exist, they always have and they always will. So all you homo- phobics better just get over it. Live and let live.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Gay people exist, they always have and they always will. So all you homo- phobics better just get over it. Live and let live.

Homophobic implies that someone is afraid of homosexuals.
I assure you that I fear no homosexual. It's not about fear. I do not believe that there is a homosexual alive today that has not been told that it is wrong to be homosexual. If knowing that they still wish to engage in their lustful perversions then that is their business. I have never walked up to a homosexual on the street and started ridiculing them. All I ask is that they keep it private. Stop asking for support and pity. Stop pointing the fingure of blame at everything but themselves. Things like genes, uncontrollable emotions, society, etc. If I'm late on a bill, it's not the bank's fault. I wasn't born with a gene that causes me to not pay my bills. It's my fault. If someone is homosexual they choose to be, plain and simple. No gene forces a man to penetrate another man's anus with his penis. That's a load of crap.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Homosexuality morally wrong? Who says so? The Christians? You mean the same group that fought holy wars, started religious inquisitions and killed off indigenous people in the name of the church? But perhaps you think I'm reaching?

Okay, how about today's Christians, many whom believe abortion is a sin, yet support the Death Penalty and recent unprovoked wars. (God bless America, and so on...) If you're not with them, you're against them or so it seems. Sound familiar?

As far as I can tell, much of Christian morality is rooted more in politics rather then spirituality.

Jesus taught tolerance, forgiveness and unconditional love. Remember?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by deesw

Stop pointing the fingure of blame at everything but themselves. Things like genes, uncontrollable emotions, society, etc. If I'm late on a bill, it's not the bank's fault. I wasn't born with a gene that causes me to not pay my bills. It's my fault. If someone is homosexual they choose to be, plain and simple. No gene forces a man to penetrate another man's anus with his penis. That's a load of crap.

OK...you're right. So what if it's not a gene thing. It is a way of life. Isn't this a free a country? (USA) So...you can be free to do what you want...why can't gay people be free to do what they want?

What are you saying about pointing the finger of blame? Is this the same finger that the "blacks" point? I just want to know....are you a white, straight, christian male? Just wondering........

edit to say:

No gene forces a man to penetrate another man's anus with his penis. That's a load of crap.

Had to say...no pun intended. I hope......

[edit on 14-8-2005 by MacMerdin]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

OK...you're right. So what if it's not a gene thing. It is a way of life. Isn't this a free a country? (USA) So...you can be free to do what you want...why can't gay people be free to do what they want?

Yes this is a free country. But your freedoms end when they interrupt anothers freedoms. If you wish to take that route, then do I not have the right to be disgusted publicly by these things? I think so. Smoking has been banned in most public places because it offends and in very unhealthy to those around. I can't have my BIBLE visible at my office, because it offends. Seeing same sex couples in public offends, and I don't want to see it.
It is apparently two consenting adults who are sinning, but I don't have to know about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

But your freedoms end when they interrupt anothers freedoms. If you wish to take that route, then do I not have the right to be disgusted publicly by these things? I think so.

Question. How is someone else being gay interrupting your freedom? You're absolutely right, you do have the right to be disgusted. You do not, however, have the right to interrupt someone else's legal right to either proclaim their love for someone else, or infringe on their right to be with someone else.

Smoking has been banned in most public places because it offends and in very unhealthy to those around...It is apparently two consenting adults who are sinning, but I don't have to know about it.

(emphasis mine).

How does homosexuality harm the health of others? Your analogy is flawed.

Sure, you have the right to be offended, and the right to share that sentiment with others. You do not, however, have the right to take away the rights of someone else simply because you don't think what they're doing is ok.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Actually my analogy is not flawed, smoking has been banned in most places because it offends people. Same with carrying my Bible to work. Being homo offends me and why should it not be banned? Do you know that the Sodomy laws of this country were originally put into place as a means of stopping homosexuality? That was one way the government could get around people like you crying "But who does it hurt"? It actually hurts anyone it happens to. There is no butthole, male or female that was meant for something to go up inside it.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
"Being homo offends me and why should it not be banned?" Deesw

Have you not been warned enough? Hell I stop when I get two warns to let myself cool down.

SAmoking harms others, being gay doesn't, therefor your analogy is wrong. Homo? Thats about the same as 'n-word' or jap or spic, in otherwords, don't say that or you'll offend someone.(Hahahahaha, got that joke in perfectly)

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Actually my analogy is not flawed, smoking has been banned in most places because it offends people.

Sorry, but you're just using a fatally flawed analogy.

You know why smoking offends people? Because it can physically harm them. It can damage their health.

You know why homosexuality offends people? Because most have been taught that it's wrong. There's no inherent "sense" of knowing that homosexuality is wrong. It's taught behaviour.

Show me where homosexuality physically damages a third, uninvolved party.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I got a situation for you Tinkle.

Aliens abduct a gay man, they probe him and lose their anal probe. There, a third party being harmed.

Anyways that took a whole 20 minutes to think up.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
I got a situation for you Tinkle.

Aliens abduct a gay man, they probe him and lose their anal probe. There, a third party being harmed.

Anyways that took a whole 20 minutes to think up.

20 whole minutes?!!!! Oh dear... we need to get you some faster-working coffee...

I'm actually going to answer this....

The gay man is - for the purposes of this thread - what we'd call the first party. The aliens, who are presumably not gay, would be the third parties involved.

They're not being harmed...

Y'see?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Not harmed? How much does an alien anal probe cost? They probably use special metals and technology, those things could be expensive! Losing 200-300 dollars hurts.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Edited because I completely misread it.

Anyway.

That's not physically hurtin' them, and you know it

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ok physically hurt? Let's see....

Damn can't think of anything. I'll go think some more since I can't think of anything right now that isn't completely biggot/republican/christian.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It may not be genes that cause the aberrations. It may be memes. Those pesky, hard-to-pin-down things, that cause fundamental mind-shaping. It is often noted that fundamental imposed inhibitions can kink humans. It should be noted that successive generations routinely err in overcorrections: they allow too much license. Having said that, the question then would be this: Is there a gene that is more amenable to the meme? That is, is there a gene for susceptibility to the homoreligio meme?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Whether or not being gay is in the genes or not would not have any religious affect. Most Christians tend to believe that homosexuality is forbid in the bible. Since that is an opinion I doubt that any science would change that. Evolution certainly has not changed the minds of those that believe in creationism.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
OK - I'm new to this, so please forgive if i don't do things just right the first time.

I'm not going to try and tell anyone what to think or do - or how to do it.

I just wanted to share my feelings on this.

I'm 100% gay - and I am SO tired of being told I "chose" to be like I am - I tried my DANGEST to fit in my whole life - If I could have chosen which way I wanted to be - let's see - it would have gone a little something like this: "hey - I'm still a kid, but i'm starting to feel puberty coming on, so I guess I have to pick one sex to be attracted to for the rest of my life - well, since everyone else I know is attracted to members of the opposite sex, I guess I'll go that way too - then I'll be fitting in and considered "normal" by all my friends". BAM! Choice made - yay, I'm straight, thank you for my certificate of straightness - whew! thank GOD I didn't make the wrong choice, that could have been embarassing!

Is that how it worked for ANY of you?

As I see it - from what I've read on these boards, apparently I DO have a choice - and to chose, one must have options

For me, because I CANNOT imagine myself being "intimate" with a woman AT ALL! (no offence ladies, but those "parts" are disgusting to me) Here are the options I have available to me accoriding to the people that just plain don't like homosexuality.

I can:

1. Choose to find a woman that I can trick into marrying me so I can have a wife, make children, pretend to be straight for everyone else's benefit and just HOPE that I don't feel HORRIBLY guilty for the rest of my life for lying to this woman, lying to my kids, lying to myself and everyone I know, every day, 24 hours a day untill the end of time.

or

2. Choose to be alone for the rest of my life and die a miserable, bitter old man that never got to know love.

OK - those are my choices, according to the good folks over at the Holier Than Thou Foundation.

Which would you choose? - You have to pick ONE. - Can't make up another one - Live a gut-wrenching lie, or live and DIE ALONE -

I don't want either of those choices for THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

I do know that the 10 commandments tell me not to lie - but I don't remember them telling me I had to die alone. I never have and never could Lie enough to a woman to trick her like that JUST so I could "fit in" to the mold the world expects of me. Never went on a date, never "chased tail", never had ANY sexual encounters till I was 28, and never lied about being a virgin - I WOULD lie when someone would say "You're STILL A VIRGIN?!?!?!!??!??!?!??!! WHY, ARE YOU GAY?" I would say "NO!" - That is a lie I wish I didn't feel like I HAD to tell to people back then.

If it is a "choice" Please tell me what my options should have been - because I do not know what happens after our bodies cease to function on this planet, it seems to me it would be a shame to waste this life being all alone if this is the only shot we get at happiness. Since NONE of us know for sure what happens when we die, we'd all better make the best of what we have now.

As for my Morality - I met a nice guy when I was 28 - we've been together for 4 years now, he's the only person I've EVER "bumped uglies" with - and I hope we're together for the rest of our lives - - And we keep it to ourselves - we walk FAR apart from each other when we go the grocery store or Wal-mart - we feel like we have to hide from everyone when we go out - he won't even sit next to me in the truck so I can put my arm around him, just because he's afraid that someone will see it and do something to hurt us. We do everything other couples do, but because of the stigma put on our kind of relationship, it is a VERY strained relationship that can only exist in the privacy of our home - Now tell me I'm pushing my "adgenda" on someone - when It's OK for a straight couple to walk around holding hands and kissing in public, but I can't even think about being free and showing my affection for the one I love just because some people think it's "icky" -

I hope I have not offended anyone - I don't want to fight or argue - I just want to know why I have to feel so HATED and so ASHAMED of who I NATURALLY am - and WHY I have to live life wishing I could either magically turn straight or just go on and die so it would all be over with.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join