It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More land & more life on the flat earth: worlds beyond the poles

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Stand up.

Jump up.

Oh look, you came back down. That's called "gravity" and it certainly is acting on you 24/7.

Now, get on a jet airplane, fly to another city. During take off, you'll feel that acceleration. Once you reach cruising speed, you can get up and walk around....all while traveling many hundreds of miles per hour....and yet: you're not being thrown to the back of the plane, are you?

Nope...because your body is also moving at the same speed.....just like here are Earth.

But, but but, the winds!

Oh, sorry, didn't you know? The Earth's atmosphere moves with the Earth too. Simple physics they teach in high school.

When you get some time, you might want to check out some of Newton's Laws.......they even teach some of these in grade school.

It's a sad day when there seems to be so many that simply do not understand how physics work.......

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: D8Tee

NASA is full of #.

I do no think conclusively about what shape the earth is.

By the 1950s historians had established that in the High Middle Ages the educated classes had recovered the ancient Greeks' discovery that the world is a sphere, even though their world-view was geocentric, and that the notion that Columbus's voyage was to prove the world round is a piece of fiction introduced by Washington Irving. (See Myth of the Flat Earth.) Although it was presumed before Copernicus that the earth was the centre of the universe, with the sun revolving around it, we now know that the educated classes still understood the earth to be a sphere with gravity acting towards its centre, contrary to the widespread 19th-century assumption that most mediaeval people believed it to be flat. (For example, the final two cantos of Dante Alighieri's Inferno assume a spherical earth.)

Green Cheese Model of the Moon

Proponents[edit]
The Green Cheese Model was aggressively supported by A. Nonymous until his death in 1998.
B. Nonymous and C. Nonymous are currently the primary proponents of the Green Cheese Model. B. Nonymous publicly claims that the model is irrefutable fact based on his claim to have caught a lunar mouse which is alleged to have escaped from a government facility [ref].

edit on 8-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

No I dont - What force field out in my back yard keeps me from feeling this 1000 mph movement. How am I cocooned out in the open and not feel this 1000 mph spin

The circumference of the Earth in miles is 24,901.

It has to spin at 1000 mph-ish, to see the sun every 24 hours.

The entire atmosphere around us spins with it.

We are inside of a spinning atmosphere in space.

The atmosphere turns at the same speed or close to the earths rotation, so everything is static within the atmosphere.

Winds and weather happen from the suns convection heat that radiates off of the earth at diff intensities, such as a massive change in upward heat when a black field meets a cool body of water.

You notice this when flying over fields and the heat lifts you, then you nosedive with the same trim, as you fly over a lake

A plane can fly 1200 mph using space for your measurement, going with the spin direction, but the earth is spinning at a 1000mph, so your speed over the ground is still 200mph.

Going against the spin, you are traveling backwards through space at -800 mph, and your ground speed is still 200.

Again, all those space speed figures are irrelevant because we measure speed from the ground, or through the air, if that makes any sense.
edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: edited

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I understand that there is a downward force that is called gravity (although most cant explain it) but what stops me feeling this 1000 mph spin, like i said I'm not in a cocoon (as someone said above; like a car should I stick my hand out whilst travelling at 80mph)

PS the debate about gravity rages on

www.dailygalaxy.com...

Could both gravity and the Big Bang be an illusion? In January 2010, Erik Verlinde, professor of Theoretical Physics and world-renowned string theorist, caused a worldwide stir with the publication of On the Origin of Gravity and the Laws of Newton, in which he challenged commonly held perceptions on gravity, going so far as to state ‘for me gravity doesn’t exist’. If he is proved correct, the consequences for our understanding of the universe and its origins in a Big Bang will be far-reaching.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

OK thanks for that - if satellites experience orbital decay why doesn't earth? Why doesnt entropy force the earth to crash inti the sun

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Ok thanks for that detailed response

The entire atmosphere around us spins with it. We are inside of a spinning atmosphere in space

Is the atmosphere kept in place by gravity?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Most satellites that suffer from orbital decay due so because of being in LEO. The outer most sections of the atmosphere even as thin as it is at that altitude can begin to cause drag on them, slowing them down.

Geostationary satellites do not have that issue, and tend to stay where we've put them.

Earth's mass and velocity around the sun is high enough and the solar wind from the sun weak enough that it would take many more billions of years to slow the Earth down enough to cause what you are thinking.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Most people can't feel spinning at less than one rotation per minute. The earth spins at one rotation per day.

Newton's first law motion states that an object in motion tends to stay in motion and an object at rest tends to stay at rest, unless acted upon by another force. This can be seen through the fact that we do not fly in to a wall every time we jump, as there is no opposing force to change our motion once we disconnect with the earth's surface.

Think of the atmosphere as an object, it is spinning with the earth. It's been doing this for a long long time.

It's really simple newtonian mechanics.

Foucaults pendulum leaves no room for doubt that the earth is spinning.

It's evidence based proof that cannot be denied. (unless you don't understand it)

edit on 8-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Mandroid7

Ok thanks for that detailed response

The entire atmosphere around us spins with it. We are inside of a spinning atmosphere in space

Is the atmosphere kept in place by gravity?

Yes. I believe it is, and all the air acts similar to the water in the ocean.

Air has an actual weight to it.

So air increases in pressure the closer you get to the ground, like on the ocean floor, just not as intense obviously.
The gravity compacted air is more dense at sea level and goes thinner and thinner as you climb in altitude.

This is what makes taking off from high altitude airports so much harder, it takes more speed to generate the lift needed under the wings because it is so thin, but the trade off is less drag at high altitude, so if you have enough power to overcome the lose of prop thrust in the thin air, you can travel much faster through it vs down in the "thick" air.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther
a reply to: peck420

And you have without a doubt evidence crafts are in orbit? Have you revised the equations and astrophysics to see if the numbers work out? Have you seen earth or a spacecraft with your own 2 eyes? Probably not.

There's no point in arguing over the shape of earth none of us will ever go to space to know for sure. All you can say is what somebody else told you.

You can use a telescope to see gps satellites. You can tie a camera to a balloon and let it get high enough to see the curve of the earth.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
It's a sad day when there seems to be so many that simply do not understand how physics work.......

The problem with the LOL threads is you can't give stars to people whom simply hammer points like a boss.

Yes, it is sad indeed. I think its time to burn down all schools and rebuild under the idea of education and analysis

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

The problem with the LOL threads is you can't give stars to people whom simply hammer points like a boss.

Yes, it is sad indeed. I think its time to burn down all schools and rebuild under the idea of education and analysis

I like the flat earth threads, I feel kinda guilty, it's like picking the lowest hanging fruit on the tree.

I really got a kick out of watching the flat earth video, it's like rather clever at some points, but nothing that can't be destroyed by science.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: omniEther
a reply to: peck420

And you have without a doubt evidence crafts are in orbit? Have you revised the equations and astrophysics to see if the numbers work out? Have you seen earth or a spacecraft with your own 2 eyes? Probably not.

There's no point in arguing over the shape of earth none of us will ever go to space to know for sure. All you can say is what somebody else told you.

You can use a telescope to see gps satellites. You can tie a camera to a balloon and let it get high enough to see the curve of the earth.

Well, you can start to detect the curve at around 35k feet on a cloudless horizon, perfect weather conditions, etc.

35k feet is asking a lot out of a balloon..and even then you need to see a pretty wide field to notice the slight curve. now, get to around 60-90k and the curve should be pretty obvious

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
I really got a kick out of watching the flat earth video, it's like rather clever at some points, but nothing that can't be destroyed by science.

Well yeah, its clever for the ignorant.
I am ignorant on many things, and knowing that, I wont be allowing some internet jockstrap tell me something absurd without hearing the counter argument on why it is absurd. being ignorant is fine, but being willfully ignorant about counter while demanding something considered widely debunked is just..well, religion.

I am not a fan of religion..it demands no information, no matter how packed with evidence, can be admissible if it challenges the belief

But yeah, it is low hanging fruit...I simply assume its young new minds who question this. I fear for the older ones who after perhaps decades still haven't decided to start critically thinking about the nonsense they sperg out on

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
oh joy 0- another flat earth thread :

1 - what is the distance from the earth to the moon

2 - model the earths magnetic feild in accordance with the flat earth delusion

3 - explain COHERENTLY the obervations of circumpolar [ northern and sothern ] [ plus thier mutual exclusivity ] and seasonal constalations -

4 - explain COHERENTLY lunar and solar eclipses

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

In this video he presents the idea that the earth is endless. I have actually been coming across this idea a lot more VERY recently.

just my opinion - but there is a reason that flat earth cultists are now gravitating [ pun ] towards the " endless " earth delusion :

they dont have to explain where the edge is - or its nature

" infinite earth " is a pureile special pleading they have borrowed from the theistic cultists

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Zen Mastle say, Earth not frat. Onry frat-earthel peoper's mind frat.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Namdru because: mispelled 'only' for 'onry'

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Gravity cannot produce either a square or flat object in space. Period.
One liner that answers everything flat-earth.
BugBeGone

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Could the Earth be flat and spherical at the same time?

In our 4D realm the Earth is spherical, but could there be other 'dimensions' for want of a better word in which Space/Time behaves differently?

We 'understand' that the notion of a wormhole may connect two distant places in 4D space to one another via another dimension in which these 2 places are 'the same place'.

The poles could represent such a gateway. How this manifests might be a small opening, or a large area in which one place becomes another.

Our understanding of such things and the quantum dynamics they spring from is probably still in it's infancy. So maybe the stance that one view point is right and the other wrong is naive.

One big question is how would travelling there effect our physiology, let alone our minds. Would we become spaghetti, or would we find ourselves growing old alone with a black monolith? Einstein, Hawkings, Kubrick and Clarke have had their theories

edit on 9-5-2017 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Not likely but if it is so, then we do live in the Matrix.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join