It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More land & more life on the flat earth: worlds beyond the poles

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This topic really strikes a cord with some huh???

More than some. There appear to be flat earthers all over the globe. Wait...wait...don't tell me.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
flat earthers make me laugh. There are 2 questions I always ask them and they can never give me an answer

1. If the earth is flat, then what is holding the sun and moon in the sky? (their belief is that the sun and moon is "inside" the firmament and rotates in a circle and can't explain how they are just suspended in mid air) which brings me to my next question.

2. If the sun and moon is rotating in circles above a disc, then why is it when the sun or moon is on it's outer rotation that it gets bigger at times when it should get smaller since it is moving away from us as it rotates?
edit on 10-5-2017 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2017 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jidnum
I have asked those questions too. As well as why can't I see the moon with a telescope when it disappears.

I have found Sydney to Santiago to be the best one though. It's not possible to explain.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well I traveled around the "flat earth" and it's magically because when I go to the end of it, I am just back at the "start".

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

That's because you traveled in circles.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Define "something"...

Just because they are wrong about the shape of the earth doesn't mean they are wrong about everything.

Such simpletons.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Define "something"...

Just because they are wrong about the shape of the earth doesn't mean they are wrong about everything.

Such simpletons.

Everything they believe is predicated on the shape of the Earth. They are wrong about everything. Sorry.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

That's far to simple minded for me. I prefer to look at things deeper and with a more open and objective mind.

I get it if you can't handle it though. I don't expect everyone to be mentally capable of that.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Hi,

Keep researching, you are on to something!

Your just in the wrong arena at the moment, but don´t worry, they will catch up eventually.

Peace

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Me and my father took a little journey through google. We wanted to find out just how fast we are moving through space. The number if I have it correct is 1.882 million mph. That's adding up how fast the earth rotates + earth's orbit + sol orbit around its galactic center + the expansion on the universe.

And they say gravity is a weak force.

I won't claim either way till I'm in space and see the earth for myself.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Sorry, claiming superiority does not make you right. It just makes you look stupid when you are wrong. You aren't even sure the Earth is a globe yet want to claim you are knowledgeable? Funny.

What did flat earth get right again?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Remember:

Talking about other members is considered Off Topic.

Discuss the topic of the thread: Not each other.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Literally the only reason Flat Earth is on ATS is to denegrate others. By arguing with Flat Earth you are only satisfying that purpose.
edit on 10-5-2017 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

all of it is quite curious to me. shenanigans.
hey all , long time lurker here. finally decided to actually speak.
i think most of it all is a psyop, with an angle that is not apparent being true hidden beneath the major concept.
so space is a vacuum right? maybe im wrong.
what happens to water in a vacuum? what happens to bubble wrap in a vacuum? what happens to a human being in a vacuum?
saw a video about it once.
regardless of any of the other theories or ideas of any concept, either flat or globe or illuminati or whatever,
even science can be sort of iffy depending on context and who you decide to derive information from(when its not actually scientific formulae), but, yeah,
if certain things happen in a vacuum to water, an enclosed pressured object, a human, how does any space faring occur?
hope im not rambling and or making no sense.(probably, oh well,)
see how it goes actually speaking on a forum, never do this.
usually just research and research and then research some more.
thanks everyone.
keep it real. spread the love.
peace.
edit on 10-5-2017 by ZosimoS22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ZosimoS22

what happens to a human being in a vacuum?
Are you implying that there are astronauts going on space walks without protective suits?

I've missed those videos, can you link them here?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Always such a polarizing topic...I think "flat earth" is a misnomer.

What if our perception is flat, not the earth?

I know one thing, I 100% don't believe NASA to inform the masses of the truth of anything. That's like believing the TV.

And it's funny but the absolute vitriol spewed by those opposed to such a view makes me think there is something to it...not so much here but on YouTube it is very similar to 9/11 videos. Just insult, deny, deflect and boom done.

If it were so crazy you would think it would just die on its own...without the little troll bots scrambling to assemble.

Again I have no clue, but there could be something down this trail and it appears the opposition wants to keep it on a "well of course the earth isn't flat dummy" narrative.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

not at all, sorry i was quite vague, spurr of the moment response,
i dont usually do any forum talking, just read. didnt think anyone was going to respond .

i suppose the point i was trying to make was that, from what little i had researched into flat earth, had led me to some youtube videos, which have nothing to do with the OP other than relating to any scientific arguments made by flat earth theories ,specifically which was the argument that if space is a vacuum, how do astronauts or even the ships can survive in a vacuum. there was a video about some scientific tests done by the military if i remember correctly where they put a person into a vacuum, and on a smaller scale in a different video, the guy was putting water and bubble wrap in a vacuum. a fairly simple test in respect to the bubble wrap and water , as it was a small scale, but still very applicable in concept to the idea of a pressurized space suit or a human or ship, being in a vacuum. as we are mostly comprised of water, and bubble wrap is basically a suit or ship that has air in it. when in a vacuum there is no pressure, which is what would hold in the air in the bubble wrap, but in the vacuum it wants to spread out to fill the space because its empty, i could be mistaken in my science, which is why i am in a weird way asking if this makes sense.
basically, if we have been to space(playing devils advocate), walks and ships, which are pressurized objects in a vacuum,would they actually hold up to the vacuum ? (im probably missing something about the engineering making it possible, but pulling on the base concept and trying to go from there, being that in a vacuum things want to expand, that are pressurized, so how would a person or space suit hold up, )

sorry i had too much coffee today, hah
hope this all makes some sort of sense everyone.
peace

edit to say i think im mixing up my topics, this is in a way relatable, more so saying the arguments from all the flatearth stuff about fake space videos and our actual capabilities of getting into space, all the fake moon landing stuff, and the science of a vacuum and space being a vacuum and the response of a human in a vacuum, so if they are doing space walks whats stopping the suit and ship and person from exploding ina vacuum, or boiling from the air leaving the liquids in the body to fill the vacuum, the suit i guess, but how strong would that actually have to be to sustain in a vacuum? and is what we are told the suits are made of actually strong enough to with stand?

edit on 10-5-2017 by ZosimoS22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If the earth were flat then cats would have long ago knocked everything off it.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ZosimoS22

Engineering the space suits and space craft to withstand the pressure differential of a vacuum is well within the capabilities of humans.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join