It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More land & more life on the flat earth: worlds beyond the poles

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

What flat earthers??

In this thread?

Who?

You have no idea what this thread is about but everyone around you is stupid.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: SaturnFX

Totally irrelevant.

His point is to prove that the earth isn't flat when the point of the thread isn't to prove flat earth but to look closer at the ideas some flat earthers may be presenting to see if anything they say may in fact be a valid question or point.

He's so far off the mark he can't even figure it out and keeps reposting that pic like it has some sort of relevance.

Oh, we've combed over the subject repeatedly around these parts over the years. there's been some good and thoughtful youtube videos that elegantly debunk the theory.

once a theory is fully and catagorically debunked, its time to move on.
Here is a good set that will help you here..
(You might want to skip to 1:50 to get to the science..first couple minutes he is just doing his little intro comedy s99t talking thing)

And part 2:

Watch the vids..we need filters in our head to weed out the debunkable, else you will be considering as valid for discussion all sorts of dumb dubunkable ideas.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

What flat earthers??

In this thread?

Who?

You have no idea what this thread is about but everyone around you is stupid.

You think NASA is some kinda hoax.

Tell me you believe that the earth is round.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Nope, sorry you are not getting it.

That's fine I get it.. it's hard for people to understand more abstract ideology.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

NASA is full of #.

I do no think conclusively about what shape the earth is.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Watch the vids..we need filters in our head to weed out the debunkable, else you will be considering as valid for discussion all sorts of dumb dubunkable ideas.
Thats what I'm trying to show this guy but he don't get it.

That illustration is a very good example of how Flat Earthers try to trick people into thinking they have all the answers.

If one does not understand the difference between a solar day and a sidereal day, they will think, wow, flat earth, of course, it makes so much sense! NASA is a hoax, we've been lied to all these years!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You don't have to be a flat earther to think NASA is full of #.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

NASA is full of #.
I do no think conclusively about what shape the earth is.

Sorry, got a flat earther mixed up with a donut earther...

My apologies.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Are you sure you have any idea what you're talking about?

You know for someone who espouses their infinite knowledge of the function of the universe you sure do make a lot of assumptions.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

abstract ideology.

ideology? like religion?

I understand religion quite well..hense why science is important. "abstract ideology" (aka religion) has lead the world for tens of thousands of years..science is putting an end to that nonsense with actual hard observable evidence.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Are you sure you have any idea what you're talking about?

You know for someone who espouses their infinite knowledge of the function of the universe you sure do make a lot of assumptions.

I don't espouse.

And my universe functions.

You don't have to be a flat earther to think NASA is full of #.
Whats NASA been lying to you about?
edit on 8-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

nice try - you answered nothing

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yes I am serious - I am in my back yard and cannot feel these forces that should be there if the earth was spinning at 1000 mph.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

No I dont - What force field out in my back yard keeps me from feeling this 1000 mph movement. How am I cocooned out in the open and not feel this 1000 mph spin

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

They read it in a book at school.

It HAS TO BE TRUE.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

No I dont - What force field out in my back yard keeps me from feeling this 1000 mph movement. How am I cocooned out in the open and not feel this 1000 mph spin

I think what you are wondering is why a planets atmosphere rotates along with it?

It's Newtonian mechanics.

All matter is attracted to the centre of the Earth due to the gravitational force.

Air is also matter, and it is pulled towards earth's centre, and due to this force it travels along with the Earth when it rotates.

If you are asking why the spin is not detectable, thats a different question, and the spin is indeed detectable.
edit on 8-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They made the choice not based on the content within the OP but only on the derailing post.

No one chose to address your statement because they are literally like religious zealots when it comes to discussing ideas that aren't mainstream.

Well Hollow Earth is nutty too, but its not what the Flat Earthers ever even talk about I doubt. In fact it seems they'd hate that one because it isn't FLAT lollolo.

I suppose "Flat Earth" isnt a new thing either, but the way it exploded like a meme surely starting from diversionary disinfo sources the "Online Lie" isn't an unworthy classification I dont think. The Hollow Earth thing I think at least has an interesting more semi-modern history while not being some outrageous religion like thing.
edit on 8-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: roadgravel

nice try - you answered nothing

haha. Really. You might try actually thinking about it.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What in hell is the damn schools teaching kids these days....I mean damn. Go outside...earth flat....go into space...earth big old round ball of stupid.
edit on 8-5-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
What in hell is the damn schools teaching kids these days....I mean damn. Go outside...earth flat....go into space...earth big old round ball of stupid.
Must be something in the water dumbing people down.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join