It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More land & more life on the flat earth: worlds beyond the poles

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: D8Tee

Please give me a break. Where are you even getting that stupid meme from anyway??

Yeah it's stupid isn't it?

Thing is, i doubt you even know why it's stupid or you wouldn't be wondering if the earth is flat or round.

Like I said, our education system has failed us.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: TerryDon79

I never made that claim and have repeatedly stated that I have no idea what the shape of the earth is.

Yes, yes, yes. You "don't know". Blah blah blah.

You put those words in my mouth to defend your name calling and abusive behavior.

You said, and I quote....

another scientific priest

It's not my fault you're a flat earther who would rather believe youtube videos over doing actual experiments.

link   
a reply to: omniEther

Anyone who has traveled around the world can tell you that the Earth is with out a doubt a sphere. You can see with your own eyes the curvature of the earth when floating on a boat around the world or flying over the ocean.

link   
a reply to: toysforadults

i used to travel on the Ferry from Scotland to N ireland a lot when i was younger, and i used to always wonder why i couldn't see land till we were about halfway there, it wasn't till i was older that i realised it was because the ferry is travelling on a sphere, makes perfect sense when you know that

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I love the bit at 16:57, the earth is supposedly spinning at 1000 mph, and yet we don't feel it. Travel at a car at 80 mph and stick your hand out and feel the force. What are we to make of this anomaly.

Why if we're spinning at 1000 mph dont we feel this force?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

Theoritacal fact?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Anyone who has traveled around the world can tell you that the Earth is with out a doubt a sphere. You can see with your own eyes the curvature of the earth when floating on a boat around the world or flying over the ocean.
No you can't.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther

No you can't.

Never been on a plane?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

No you can't.

Never been on a plane?
I have, that's not curvature you are seeing. The curvature of earth cannot even be seen from low earth orbit and you think you see it on a plane?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

No you can't.

Never been on a plane?
I have, that's not curvature you are seeing. The curvature of earth cannot even be seen from low earth orbit and you think you see it on a plane?

Saying it 'cannot be seen' is as equally fallacious as saying it can because it' exists.

It's who dare say they notice a 3 degree angle verse a 0 degree angle. Seems the higher you get, the more confidence that appears.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Travel at a car at 80 mph and stick your hand out and feel the force.

Do you feel it if your hand is in side the car and the window is up? No.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mordekaiser

No you can't.

Never been on a plane?

Saying it 'cannot be seen' is as equally fallacious as saying it can because it' exists.

It's who dare say they notice a 3 degree angle verse a 0 degree angle. Seems the higher you get, the more confidence that appears.
it's called perspective, have you ever took an art class?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

rofl destroyed. Your analogy is essentially the crux of why spinning earth 'aint feelin no wind forces'.

I can't even believe people think this works like that.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

edit on 8-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I love the bit at 16:57, the earth is supposedly spinning at 1000 mph, and yet we don't feel it. Travel at a car at 80 mph and stick your hand out and feel the force. What are we to make of this anomaly.

Why if we're spinning at 1000 mph dont we feel this force?

Why don't we feel this force? Atmosphere.

Are you serious?

If you're inside a plane traveling a few hundred mph, you don't feel the resistance. If you're inside a car, the same. Soon as you stick your head outside, there's resistance. Same as if you could stick your head out of the earth's atmospheric shield, you'd lose it.

smh

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Booyah

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yes, but it's not my lack of classes in Art that is the main culprit. It's yours in Physics, and likely Math.

I made my own number of city-scapes down a street though, thank you for showing you'll drop to any level of arrogance over this issue. Like the basic issue is something you can 'teach' people in simple idiom like responces. And that's not your conscious arrogant ego at all. Hur-dur, Earth is flat because I'm Picasso.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
At least the thread is in the right forum now.

I expect there will be someone who comes along and says the mods are trying to "suppress the truth" or some such nonesense.

I'll leave you flat earthers to your anti-scien delusions now.

Ciao!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's settled then,

Peaceful and Innovative future = 0

Idiocracy = 2

Wow...

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Man...this is why I keep coming back to ATS.

You can't make entertainment like this up!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join