It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More land & more life on the flat earth: worlds beyond the poles

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
a reply to: McGinty

In our 4D realm the Earth is spherical, but could there be other 'dimensions' for want of a better word in which Space/Time behaves differently?

That's what's taught in Buddhist Scriptures, if you read just a little between the lines. A two-dimensional universe could be made to look 3-D and so on. Google 'Avatamsaka Sutra' or 'Hua Yen Buddhism'. The basic idea is, the apparent universe is holographic in nature. That idea is, if not fundamental, then at least partly representative of the most advanced thinking in ancient Buddhist traditions of India.

Thanks for the info - i'll look into it. I'm familiar to the hologram thesis (who on ATS isn't?
), but when you think of the quantum foundations of everything, then what's really the difference?

I would've starred your post, but for some reason i don't have the option to 'star' right now!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ok then you explain:

Distance from Sydney to Santiago is 12,000 km, a jumbo flies at roughly 900kmph, the earth rotates at 1600kmph so as the earth is rotating counter clockwise that would mean that the earth is spinning away from the plane once it's in the air. That means that Santiago is actually moving further away from the plane as the earth is rotating at a higher speed.

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EverythingsWrong

No it doesn't. When you jump does the Earth rotate under your feet relative to you making you land somewhere far off?

So again you are ignorant of how things work.

Now we know for a fact Sydney to Santiago happens. So I don't really know what your argument is exactly.

It's ok though, ignorance is not a bad thing, and is easily fixed.

So can you explain Sydney to Santiago and Santiago to Sydney on a flat earth? If not you should abandon failed theories.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

In this video he presents the idea that the earth is endless.

Ok well...Circumnavigation..? If it never ends how did Magellan circle it?
edit on 9-5-2017 by StookieWilliams because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: StookieWilliams

The flat earthers have already been run from the thread. Wait for them to pop up again.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I'm familiar to the hologram thesis (who on ATS isn't?
), but when you think of the quantum foundations of everything, then what's really the difference?

I would've starred your post, but for some reason i don't have the option to 'star' right now!

Yeah, there's something buggy, or peculiar, with the way pages are being generated. Maybe it has to do with level of reply history or something, ie to prevent extra thread drift.

But speaking of quantum, I agree (rhetorically) 'what's the difference'? For us non-mathmeticians, practically none. The visible world is still just as mystery-laden as before.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Namdru because: quote

edit on 9-5-2017 by Namdru because: formatting probs

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

In our 4D realm the Earth is spherical, but could there be other 'dimensions' for want of a better word in which Space/Time behaves differently?

Can't star posts in the LOL forum.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther

There's no point in arguing over the shape of earth none of us will ever go to space to know for sure. All you can say is what somebody else told you.

No need to go, just send your phone -

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Since when is Flat Earth a "theory."

I'm pretty sure it barely qualifies as a starting hypothesis as there are no peer-reviewed facts to even begin to put forth as proof. And please, don't point to that video. Already watched and it doesn't give anything that's been accepted as fact in the science community. Show us the equations proving the earth is flat and not spherical. Show us where Einstein, Hawking or any other of the accepted geniuses of humankind put forth the math needed to prove/disprove.

There is more evidence proving the FE stuff wrong than there is casting doubt on currently accepted fact.

You're the one putting forth the discussion. It puts the onus on you to bring out the facts and other info you need to back up your assertions. Telling people to "watch the video" is not bringing out proof. That video is just some other person putting forth their own ideas and opinions. That video is not fact.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If you want to educate yourself read this:

books.google.com...

It's free. It's also how humans developed clocks based on astronomical observations. Thousands of people were able to replicate, measure, and verify the surveying methods using very simple tools over centuries of observations. Written one hundred thirty three years ago.

This is how it became science.

I will not replicate tarot card readings because it's just plain boring nonsense. No scientist I know would.

These tarot cards were developed by marijuana smoking children in a basement pining for a sex change operation, hoping to baffle you with bull# in one generation.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm pretty sure South America calls it Argentina.

You're welcome.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

That's what's taught in Buddhist Scriptures, if you read just a little between the lines. A two-dimensional universe could be made to look 3-D and so on. Google 'Avatamsaka Sutra' or 'Hua Yen Buddhism'. The basic idea is, the apparent universe is holographic in nature. That idea is, if not fundamental, then at least partly representative of the most advanced thinking in ancient Buddhist traditions of India.

that were in it appear to still be there, exhibiting visual depth cues such as parallax and perspective that change realistically with any change in the relative position of the observer

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

that were in it appear to still be there, exhibiting visual depth cues such as parallax and perspective that change realistically with any change in the relative position of the observer

Thats why I can see the moon set over the horizon, but I can't see mount Everest with a telescope from my location?

How far is the earth and sun away from me, Mount Everest is a lot closer isn't it?

You need to ask yourself some questions.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

you are still totally clueless aren't you?

You are the ignorant one not me

Not because of what I believe (which you don't know) but because of what you think I believe

You are to blind and lack the critical thinking skills required to understand.. Only one poster understood and was ridiculed and made fun of

Funny how that works

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

you are still totally clueless aren't you?

You are the ignorant one not me

Not because of what I believe (which you don't know) but because of what you think I believe

You are to blind and lack the critical thinking skills required to understand.. Only one poster understood and was ridiculed and made fun of

Funny how that works

Yes, I am clueless as to why I can't see mount everest but I can see the moon set over the horizon.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

See, you think I believe in the flat earth because you didn't understand my original post

Bahahahaha!

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

See, you think I believe in the flat earth because you didn't understand my original post

Bahahahaha!

You think NASA is a hoax but present no evidence.

I don't think you have the capacity to understand the evidence for a round earth and are confused as to what shape the planet that you live on is.

But hey, I could be wrong.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: McGinty

Can't star posts in the LOL forum.

All this time and never knew that. Thanks for the education - much appreciated

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

what is the actuall purpose of this thread ???

i asked you a direct question in a earlier reply - but you chose to ignore it

and now your thread has descended to drama llama idiocy - with you at the centre

so once again :

you regurgitate the claim that :

People laugh, but the flat earthers know something.

what do they know

they claim the earth is flat - but thats demonstrably false

now you are insisting you are not a flat earther - so whats this thread really about ????

lets nail this thread down - each claim made by flat earthers [ that addresses topics other than the form of the earth ] needs to be assesed independantly - on its own merits

they COULD be right or wrong about " other things " - but we need a list of these " other things " so that we can scrutinise each and accept them or dismiss them one by one

so - come on - lets have thread transparency

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Bahahahaha!

You said you have no idea what shape the Earth is. You appear to be open to flat Earth. That is just as bad. Then you said the flat earthers are onto something. How are they onto something unless they are right? That means you must agree with flat earthers.
edit on 10-5-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join