It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More land & more life on the flat earth: worlds beyond the poles

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I understand that there is a downward force that is called gravity (although most cant explain it) but what stops me feeling this 1000 mph spin, like i said I'm not in a cocoon (as someone said above; like a car should I stick my hand out whilst travelling at 80mph)

When standing on Earth, a person's relative motion to the atmosphere is zero. The resistance to air is not noticed. In a car moving with a hand outside, the 80 mph difference in motion causes the person to feel the resistance caused by the air.

it's due to the air, not just the motion. That's why when then windows are up, it is not felt. You picked the wrong example with the car and window. I just pointed out the air part which you seemed to think was important in what ever you are trying to state isn't real.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Sydney to Santiago. The Earth is no longer flat.

You are welcome.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

In our 4D realm the Earth is spherical, but could there be other 'dimensions' for want of a better word in which Space/Time behaves differently?

That's what's taught in Buddhist Scriptures, if you read just a little between the lines. A two-dimensional universe could be made to look 3-D and so on. Google 'Avatamsaka Sutra' or 'Hua Yen Buddhism'. The basic idea is, the apparent universe is holographic in nature. That idea is, if not fundamental, then at least partly representative of the most advanced thinking in ancient Buddhist traditions of India.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: D8Tee

Your super intelligent mind missed the entire point of the thread and the only guy on this entire thread who actually got it you keep calling dumb.

Try harder.

Also anyone with half a brain cell can see what's wrong with that picture it proves nothing please grow up.

I'm afraid I've missed the point of the thread, too. Care to remind us what the point is?

My great grandfather believed that the earth was flat because of something in the bible about the four corners of the Earth. Since he was my great grandfather, I didn't argue with him. Did the bible literally meant four corners? Not that it matters, since I place no more belief in the stories in the bible than those of Greek myths. So maybe it did mean four corners, like a cosmic king-size bed.

If you look at the flat earth hypothesis objectively, there is no evidence to support the idea to move it to the realm of theory. Unless I've missed it, and everything we know about physics is wrong.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

The Bible says the Earth is round. Your Grandfather should have read more

Sydney to Santiago. Flat Earth is impossible.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

flat earth cultits believe that the earth is flat - theres a clue in thier name

this delusion is flat out [ pun ] false

game over

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This says it all.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Because the earth is spinning in a vacuum. We humans are moving in an atmosphere of physical gasses.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

He was a fundamentalist Baptist. Like so many others, he would cite scripture that supported something he wanted to believe while discarding verses that didn't fit his limited worldview. That seems to be a common trait among the Baptists that I know.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Liquesence

Yes I am serious - I am in my back yard and cannot feel these forces that should be there if the earth was spinning at 1000 mph.

Did you even read the rest of my reply and attempt to understand it?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

He was a fundamentalist Baptist. Like so many others, he would cite scripture that supported something he wanted to believe while discarding verses that didn't fit his limited worldview. That seems to be a common trait among the Baptists that I know.

Something too many are guilty of.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

There is so much wrong in the first video. But, I may be blinded by the luminous sky gases the narrator talks about.

He even starts out with a lie. He says that a used version of the Worlds Beyond the Poles book "costs $500" on the web. Here's the problem with that. A simple Amazon search shows a used copy of the book around $20, with a Kindle edition at $5.99. If you're creative with Google, you can retrieve the text of the book for nothing but the cost of your time.

Re: the Admiral Byrd interview, I wonder if in fifty years people will look back at the Hank Johnson video where he talks about the horrors of Guam being at risk of tipping over. Someone will make a YouTube video and present it as evidence from a "government insider" that reveals that Guam isn't an island at all. Instead, the Youtuber will say, Guam is a manhole cover for a worm hole because a house member slipped and said it's at risk of tipping.

This thread is a hoot, though, and I'm enjoying it immensely. Thanks for starting it, TFA!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Can someone please explain how satellite television works.

If the earth is round and constantly rotating how can s satellite stay permanently in the same position.

Here's my possibilities:

EARTH IS ROUND
Our satellite dishes don't move so the satellites must be constantly using power in thrusters etc to stay in the exact same position above our spinning earth. It has to be travelling at the exact same speed that the Earth rotates and not be affected by solar winds etc.

FLAT EARTH
By logic only if the earth was flat would you be able to send something up and it stay in the exact same position. This would require knowledge of exact weight to gravitional pull ratio to ensure it doesn't carry on drifting away or doesn't fall back to earth.

EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND OUR PLANET
The earth does not rotate - which brings up the question does everything rotate around us. This would actually explain the Annunaki (if they're real). After all if this 'universe' is so large why would the Annunaki come here. If everything revolves around us then I think inquisitiveness would bring you to the centre if you were on a planet somewhere else out there.

THERE ARE NO SATELITTES
Maybe we are just being constantly bombarded by super strength ultra high frequency radio waves from ground level which bounce off our stratosphere. This could be possible because nothing can get through our outer atmosphere, gas can't escape and gas can't leach in (or can it) yet we are meant to believe radio waves, light waves and data can. Space surely isn't void of everything. There has to be gas of some form and is it simply bouncing off our atmosphere as we hurtle through space.

edit on 9-5-2017 by EverythingsWrong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: EverythingsWrong

So your ignorance of how DirecTV works means the Earth must be flat?

Geosynchronous orbit.
www.space.com...

Now explain Sydney to Santiago on a flat Earth.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Also can someone please explain why Polaris does not move.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: EverythingsWrong
Also can someone please explain why Polaris does not move.

I just answered your question. Now you answer mine and we will do Polaris next.

Explain Sydney to Santiago direct flights on a flat Earth.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Im fully aware of geosynchronous orbit but here is my problem with that. Our earths atmosphere is average 12km but geosynchronous is at 35,000 km above earth. We are travelling through space at 1.3 million miles per hour. We are rotating at 1000 miles per hour. Yet I am meant to believe a satelitte is perfectly aerodynamic for all that speed to not disrupt it at all.
As the satelitte is outside the earths atmosphere I am also meant to believe that that said satelitte is completely immune to solar winds.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Have a look here:

www.google.co.uk...

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Im fully aware of geosynchronous orbit but here is my problem with that. Our earths atmosphere is average 12km but geosynchronous is at 35,000 km above earth. We are travelling through space at 1.3 million miles per hour. We are rotating at 1000 miles per hour. Yet I am meant to believe a satelitte is perfectly aerodynamic for all that speed to not disrupt it at all.
As the satelitte is outside the earths atmosphere I am also meant to believe that that said satelitte is completely immune to solar winds.

Why would it be aerodynamic in space when there is no air?

More ignorance ..

solar wind contains only about five protons in every cubic centimeter. That's less than one-billion-billionth of the density of air on Earth. The low density of the solar wind means that it doesn't transfer a lot of energy to anything it hits, so it won't make a satellite move

sciencing.com...

Now, explain Sydney to Santiago non stop flights on a flat Earth ..why are you so reluctant to do so?
edit on 9-5-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Have a look here:

www.google.co.uk...

Flat out lie.

biguglymouth761 month ago
Does this flight make a refueling stop in Los Angeles?

overnightpartsfromjapan4 weeks ago
No, it flies non-stop to Santiago.

So why would they need to lie about that? The only answer must be because the Earth is not flat, and accepting that flight exists kills the theory.

Consider FE dead.
edit on 9-5-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join