It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Married couple divorce to prevent their girlfriend getting jealous

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Sheye

I can find children who disprove of ANY parental situation they may have lived through growing up. Pointing out examples of kids disapproving of having more than two parents (actually you didn't even do that, you just hinted that they existed) doesn't magically prove your point that a family of 1 dad and 2 moms is unhealthy in any way.

Give me a chance to privately talk to these children where they feel they can be honest and I 'm sure they would want extra "mom" out of the picture. She's not there for kids.. she's there for the extra sexual oomph for the three adults and most likely resents the kids that are not hers on some level. Kids are afraid to be honest when they think they will lose support of their parents πŸ˜•

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

I can find children who disprove of ANY parental situation they may have lived through growing up. Pointing out examples of kids disapproving of having more than two parents (actually you didn't even do that, you just hinted that they existed) doesn't magically prove your point that a family of 1 dad and 2 moms is unhealthy in any way.

Give me a chance to privately talk to these children where they feel they can be honest and I 'm sure they would want extra "mom" out of the picture.

Now ya see, had you said: " Give me chance to Listen to these children I would take you seriously.
You suggest talking at them to coax them into a position on a person that is absolutely nothing to do with you life, whatsoever, in any way.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Give me a chance to privately talk to these children where they feel they can be honest and I 'm sure they would want extra "mom" out of the picture. She's not there for kids.. she's there for the extra sexual oomph for the three adults and most likely resents the kids that are not hers on some level. Kids are afraid to be honest when they think they will lose support of their parents πŸ˜•

Man. You are doing a LOT of assuming here on these people's intentions. Who are you to speak for what this 3rd lady really wants? You sound incredibly arrogant with this post of yours.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Give me a chance to privately talk to these children where they feel they can be honest and I 'm sure they would want extra "mom" out of the picture.

Now ya see, had you said: " Give me chance to Listen to these children I would take you seriously.
You suggest talking at them to coax them into a position on a person that is absolutely nothing to do with you life, whatsoever, in any way.

I'm sorry if my words were taken out of context. What I meant was I would love to ask these children questions about how they really feel and view things if they are of an appropriate age and LISTEN to what they have to say. Many children just mimick what they are taught and hold back their true feelings because they think they are wrong to feel those feelings.

This scenerio of this family is not over.. and what would be best is to ask these children questions as adults later in life.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

This scenerio of this family is not over.. and what would be best is to ask these children questions as adults later in life.

What would be best is you minding your own business and letting that family live the way they want to live.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What would be best is you minding your own business and letting that family live the way they want to live.

We all have the rights to our opinions on issues of what constitutes a healthy marriage and home envirement for children.

You have a right to disagree with me on that but you don't have the right to tell me I can't or shouldn't have an opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

We all have the rights to our opinions on issues of what constitutes a healthy marriage and home envirement for children.

You have a right to disagree with me on that but you don't have the right to tell me I can't or shouldn't have an opinion.

Have whatever opinion you want; just don't start using that opinion as justification to interfere with those people's lives. If you think they are un-Christianlike. Then you need to resolve that between you, yourself, and your Christian god. It's not these people's problem though.
edit on 26-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Have whatever opinion you want; just don't start using that opinion as justification to interfere with those people's lives. If you think they are un-Christianlike. Then you need to resolve that between you, yourself, and your Christian god. It's not these people's problem though.

I'm not interfering...just stating that I think it's a disaster waiting to unfold and time will
reveal the problems these people will have.. i don't need to get involved for that to happen.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

And what evidence makes you think that having a three person parental household would be a disaster? If they are all happy together and treat their kids right, what's wrong with that other than it is different?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

And what evidence makes you think that having a three person parental household would be a disaster? If they are all happy together and treat their kids right, what's wrong with that other than it is different?

I think it's best to let God reveal that with time. There are various consequences to living a life that is not what God wants for us, and I know this because I have suffered the various consequences of my transgressions and know of others who have as well. there are naturally unfolding consequences to sexual sin .. the worse being eternal damnation for not heeding the guidance of God and continually disregarding His laws concerning sexuality. Most species of animals have more class about the sexual relationship of male and female than many humans do.πŸ˜•

edit on 26-4-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

there are naturally unfolding consequences to sexual sin .. the worse being eternal damnation for not heeding the guidance of God and continually disregarding His laws concerning sexuality.

Yeah. I don't care about this in the slightest. On top of that Christians do a LOT of assuming when it comes to how they think god wants people to behave sexually. So much outrage and indignation can be traced back to vague text within the bible. MEANWHILE, the bible is very clear about how it feels on divorce. Yet so many Christians get divorced day in and day out without batting an eye. It would be nice if Christians would stop being so hypocritical in this regard. Instead of getting all indignant and clutching their pearls because a family doesn't choose to live like Christians want them to live, they should be speaking out about all the Christians getting divorces left, right, and center.

Most species of animals have more class about the sexual relationship of male and female than many humans do.πŸ˜•

This isn't even close to true. MOST species of animals on the planet are insects and not a single insect species mates for life with just a single male and single female. Heck, this isn't even true about most mammals.
edit on 26-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Oh well if we're going back in time to when people spoke to burning bushes and nailed people to crosses and stuff, why not take the Mayans for good measure. We can sacrifice people as long as they're consenting. All is good, and we can look at some brainwashing manual in order to justify everything.

Uhh, you ever hear of "assisted suicides"?

Either way, it's weird how your mind instantly jumped from consensual relationships between more than 2 partners to murder. The 2 are not related at all lol. Not to mention, people here are trying to use religious views to justify their false outrage, yet their own religious books have numerous examples of polygamy.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

You know that married people have routinely had side partners for all of recorded history, right? The only difference in this specific scenario is that both partners are open about it. Besides, I think it's far more ethical to be open about it than to sneak around on the side with a mistress, sugar daddy, "handyman", prostitute, etc. This arrangement should also reduce or eliminate the chances of catching and spreading STDs since all partners involved are upfront about the situation.

Though it's a bit odd that you're making this religious when even some prophets openly had multiple wives. Solomon even supposedly had a full harem with 1,000 wives & concubines!

Solomon was punished for having multiple wives. Jesus made it clear that marraige should be between one man and one woman.

But who are you to push your religious views onto them? Why should they be forced to follow it? (And I don't recall the Prophets Abraham nor Jacob/Israel being punished for their polygamy.)

Not to mention, I live in a Christian majority country where premarital sex, adultery, and prostitution are normal facets of life. There's no commotion about those, even though every one of them is also against Christian teachings.

In fact, there are so many commonly accepted things here that are actually against biblical teachings that I find it fascinating that people are using this as their red line. It's funny how people don't become concerned with religious teachings until it involves the consensual sex lives of other adults. That just shows how nosy people really are.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You know that married people have routinely had side partners for all of recorded history, right? The only difference in this specific scenario is that both partners are open about it. Besides, I think it's far more ethical to be open about it than to sneak around on the side with a mistress, sugar daddy, "handyman", prostitute, etc. This arrangement should also reduce or eliminate the chances of catching and spreading STDs since all partners involved are upfront about the situation.

Though it's a bit odd that you're making this religious when even some prophets openly had multiple wives. Solomon even supposedly had a full harem with 1,000 wives & concubines!

Solomon was punished for having multiple wives. Jesus made it clear that marraige should be between one man and one woman.

But who are you to push your religious views onto them? Why should they be forced to follow it? (And I don't recall the Prophets Abraham nor Jacob/Israel being punished for their polygamy.)

Not to mention, I live in a Christian majority country where premarital sex, adultery, and prostitution are normal facets of life. There's no commotion about those, even though every one of them is also against Christian teachings.

In fact, there are so many commonly accepted things here that are actually against biblical teachings that I find it fascinating that people are using this as their red line. It's funny how people don't become concerned with religious teachings until it involves the consensual sex lives of other adults. That just shows how nosy people really are.

I totally agree.. there are many aspects of christian sexuality in this modern day that is just as unacceptable to God.

Abraham was pushed to a concubine by Sarah and that was not a threesome but for the purposes of an heir!

As far as telling others how to live their life.. I really don't.. but I do have opinions on what is best for them and because I DO care , I voice those opinions out of concern for the family .. and not for nosy malicious judgement.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Oh well if we're going back in time to when people spoke to burning bushes and nailed people to crosses and stuff, why not take the Mayans for good measure. We can sacrifice people as long as they're consenting. All is good, and we can look at some brainwashing manual in order to justify everything.

Uhh, you ever hear of "assisted suicides"?

Either way, it's weird how your mind instantly jumped from consensual relationships between more than 2 partners to murder. The 2 are not related at all lol. Not to mention, people here are trying to use religious views to justify their false outrage, yet their own religious books have numerous examples of polygamy.

You are mistaking my concern for outrageπŸ˜•

God never endorsed polygamy in the bible.. read what ended up happening to Solomon.. and read how sad the story of Abraham and his concubine and their child is. It did not end well πŸ˜•

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
A curious question for ATSer's .

If your parents had decided to divorce because the girlfriend they shared wanted them to because of " insecurities" ... how would that have made you feel.

Personally just the thought of my parents sharing a girlfriend makes me very sad.. if she would have convinced them to divorce.. it would have broken my heartπŸ’”

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Abraham was pushed to a concubine by Sarah and that was not a threesome but for the purposes of an heir!

For conversation's sake, I'll assume that your interpretation is correct. Why does it make a difference why a married man gets to have sex with a second woman? And this interpretation doesn't cover the Prophet Jacob/Israel who had 4 consensual wives.

As far as telling others how to live their life.. I really don't.. but I do have opinions on what is best for them and because I DO care , I voice those opinions out of concern for the family .. and not for nosy malicious judgement.

It's fine to have differing opinions. I just find it strange that this is the red line when there are so many bigger sexual and parental issues that can be focused on. Remember, this isn't a story about rape, molestation, child abuse, domestic violence, forced abortions, etc. This isn't even a story about betrayals or deceit, either. This is the story of 2 women and a man who like to have consensual sex with each other.

As long as the kids have a roof over their heads, food in their bellies, feel loved, aren't being physically or mentally abused, and are taught how to navigate society as future citizens, I don't see the problem. It's that what parenting is supposed to be about?
edit on 26-4-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

If you think good parenting is showing your children that engaging in three way sex is perfectly fine.. I won't argue incessantly about it.

The sanctity of marriage has for some time been going up in smoke in my opinion. This is just another example... and it will get worse.

Many characters in the bible lived some aspects of their lives not in accordance with the Holy will of God. Christ died for their sins as well.

The family in the OP is in my prayers... especially the children.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Usually when someone makes a bible reference I know what they are talking about or can find it but I am drawing a blank on this one....mind enlightening me?

And as for the story posted, if they are not bothering me who am I to judge what adults do in their home.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: torok67

He's alluding to how the Prophet Abraham had his son Ishmael from his second wife Hagar while he was still married to his first wife Sarah.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join