It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Married couple divorce to prevent their girlfriend getting jealous

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

You got involved when you decided to watch the clip, got upset, and created a thread on ATS crapping on them for their lifestyle.

Personally I find it pretty pathetic that they felt the need to put themselves on TV or film or whatever and get attention for it, but aside from that I don't particularly care.

You, you seem to care a lot about what they're doing, rather than the fact that they're trying to profit off of it in one manner or another.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I get that you think you come from a place of righteousness right now,

Lol.

I don't have a problem with their choice, you do.

Not at all, I'm sure it's a solid foundation for raising a functional family.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie
a reply to: Abysha

Limited sexual promiscuity.

Promiscuity:

characterized by or involving indiscriminate mingling or association, especially having sexual relations with a number of partners on a casual basis. consisting of parts, elements, or individuals of different kinds brought together without order.

I've known more "monogamous" people who behave this way than I do poly folk. Being a "serial monogamist" is just a poly person in denial.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I don't know if they profited from it, how do you know about this?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think people are missing the hilarious fact that this couple was forced to get a divorce because of their jealous girlfriend.

This family is so #ing dysfunctional.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Do they all take partners home to have it off with their husband/wife, aswell?

I mean, this is just ike any other divorce, after all. They're more like swingers, just all about inclusion - they want to divorce so that the girlfriend feels more included and less jealous, and they want to include the kids.

Because why not.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Do they all take partners home to have it off with their husband/wife, aswell?

I mean, this is just ike any other divorce, after all. They're more like swingers, just all about inclusion - they want to divorce so that the girlfriend feels more included and less jealous, and they want to include the kids.

Because why not.

How does any of what you said resemble "swingers"? Swingers are couples who have sex with people together. This is three people in a polyamorous triad (or a polyfidelity triad, since they seem to be exclusive to their polycule).

Their decision to divorce is their own thing. In fact, if you want to blame the divorce on anything, blame it on the fact polyamorous folks aren't allowed to marry more than one partner.

But bottom line, I don't think you are truly wrapping your head around the kind of relationship they have. If you limit your understanding of what they are doing to just sex, what do you think that says about yourself?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

In the video, how they are talking about their relationship would suggest that sex is indeed a very large part of it.

Did you watch it? They intentionally set out to find another partner to share, and had several failed attempts before finding this particular lass.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hey Steve and Ted can get married and have children now, then there is no reason this family can't do whatever they want... more power to them.

Polygamy or whatever should be legal.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

They got attention from it, didn't they? If one is seeking attention and then gets it, it's pretty safe to say one profited.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Help me out: How is this any of my business? The children seem healthy, well fed and cared for. The adults appear to have all their faculties about them and are fully consenting.

I'm prepared to be wrong about this, so please tell me why I should be offended, or why I - or the State - should have the right or the duty to intervene.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I wonder how the original mom and dad are gonna feel ... when the son decides ... he's joining the party with the new mom ... and the new mom says, "That's okay with me too."

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

In the video, how they are talking about their relationship would suggest that sex is indeed a very large part of it.

Did you watch it? They intentionally set out to find another partner to share, and had several failed attempts before finding this particular lass.

In the poly community, these people represent a bit of a conundrum. The married-couple-looking-for-the-bisexual-woman-unicorn is a tired trope and normally illicit an eye roll from most. It's because it's the most common for people who are trying to fix their marriage with something that won't work. However, there are some exceptions where they are genuinely poly, as in this case.

So honestly, I hate how this particular arrangement is always the one paraded around to represent polyamory but it doesn't make it any less valid.

But your critique on them is that they were setting out to look for a "partner to share". Isn't that what everybody does? Most people won't marry or commit to people they aren't sexually compatible with. Why should they be expected to?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Dude...who asked for anyone to intervene?

You don't have to care...you didn't even have to repond at all, so you tell us why you care?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I wonder how the original mom and dad are gonna feel ... when the son decides ... he's joining the party with the new mom ... and the new mom says, "That's okay with me too."

The same thing that would happen if you divorced your wife, moved in your new girlfriend, and she slept with your son.

She'd go to jail.

What's your point?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The real issue here is that when all this kids grow up, and move out in about 15 years.

This poor SOB is going to be stuck at home in an empty house with TWO women nagging him to death.

ETA: So he better get all the "good memories" in while he can, and pray that he can still recall them in the future.
edit on 25-4-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What do you mean normal now?

If you believe in the Bible ever hear of a cat that goes by Abraham?

And if I'm not mistaken, the Prophet Jacob/Israel had 4 wives. His 12 sons from those 4 wives would become the founders of the 12 Tribes of Israel (1 tribe would later split into 2, making it 13 tribes).

So yeah, people have been doing this throughout recorded history. As long as it's consensual, who cares?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

In the poly community, these people represent a bit of a conundrum. The married-couple-looking-for-the-bisexual-woman-unicorn is a tired trope and normally illicit an eye roll from most. It's because it's the most common for people who are trying to fix their marriage with something that won't work. However, there are some exceptions where they are genuinely poly, as in this case.

So honestly, I hate how this particular arrangement is always the one paraded around to represent polyamory but it doesn't make it any less valid.

But your critique on them is that they were setting out to look for a "partner to share". Isn't that what everybody does? Most people won't marry or commit to people they aren't sexually compatible with. Why should they be expected to?

Everybody is looking for a partner to share? No, on the contrary, most of the people I know of expect their partner to be faithful to them, only.

I've never known or seen an arrangement like this, personally.

That last sentence is awesome, though : Most people won't marry or commit to people they aren't sexually compatible with. Why should they be expected to?

They are sexually compatible, they had 3 kids and were married for 12 years... so I don't really get your point on that.

You've probably been the most informative and constructive person to take part in this thread, though. I appreciate that.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I asked a question. A question you didn't address, by the way.

If you would like to, please do.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Everybody is looking for a partner to share? No, on the contrary, most of the people I know of expect their partner to be faithful to them, only.

I've never known or seen an arrangement like this, personally.

That last sentence is awesome, though : Most people won't marry or commit to people they aren't sexually compatible with. Why should they be expected to?

They are sexually compatible, they had 3 kids and were married for 12 years... so I don't really get your point on that.

You've probably been the most informative and constructive person to take part in this thread, though. I appreciate that.

I was afraid I wouldn't come across very clear and I was right. I didn't mean that everybody is looking for somebody to share. I was responding your statement about them "trying out" different partners. I was just saying that's what we all do, whether you're poly or mono.

Also, I wasn't saying the married couple wasn't sexually compatible; I was saying they shouldn't be expected to be in a serious relationship with another partner who isn't.

Did that make more sense? Ugh... I didn't have nearly my normal dose of coffee today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join