It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now flirting or asking a girl out is sexual harassment

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
On some college campuses making prolonged eye contact is now considered assault, soon enough everyone is going to have to carry a binder of consent forms just to walk to the corner store.

But at the same time, it's racist to NOT make eye contact.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The worst thing to happen to feminism is when it was hijacked by the Democratic party...a party that has proven, again & again, that it uses and abuses.

Dems did not Hijack Feminism. Dems were the only political party that aligned with feminists when Conservatives attacked it.

That is just the facts and history...Not a single advancement in women's equality where they GOP wasn't battling it.

That said..Dems sure exploit it, but that is politics and not specific to any party.

You sound like the Democratic Party are the owners of feminist causes.

Where were they, again, when Sarah Palin was called a c*nt, diva, Caribou Barbie by Democratic voters frothing at the mouth to get every misogynistic dig in? Oh, that's right...they were there saying, "She deserves it!!!!! And her DS child is a 'potato baby' and a prop!" She wasn't even allowed to take herself seriously.

After the way Democrats treated Hillary and Sarah Palin, in 2008, I wondered if any woman would ever want to run again.

Democrats have advanced feminism soooo much. Gee, thanks. But, no thanks. Feminists are reviled..and certainly not taken seriously because of the Democratic Party.

I'd like to keep the genuine causes of feminism out of partisan politics, all together. I saw what the party did for the issue of racism. I saw how it pitted racism against feminism.

Seriously, i don't know how anyone can defend Democrats on these issues.

edit on 24-4-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
That compliment was not a flirt.

Not for a moment was it received that way!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Rocky's wife never made eye contact to begin with, she was too shy - always looking away.

It was that one particular scene, if I recall - he muscled his way into her house and told Paulie to get lost. Paulie was in on the whole thing, pimping his sister out to a monstrous, arch-criminal with a cauliflower ear and mob connections.

After Paulie ran off, Rock' cornered her - intimidating her, towering over her like a lumbering, gibbering idiot. She looked absolutely beside herself with fear, then he reached out, uncharacteristically gently, and said something like...

Take them specs off...

I have to be honest, I half expected a Lennie from Of mice and men sort of moment where he accidentally snapped her neck while stroking her face with is massive man talons. But he was able to muster enough manual dexterity to remove her face furniture at which point he grabbed her and kissed her, violently.
edit on 24-4-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

FFS, abuse of authority for the purpose of sexual coercion is as old as the dinosaurs.

How dare those "feminazis or the crazy liberal bastards" speak up against it.

I just have a problem when a woman accepts an expensive date to dinner and movies and then acts at age 47 like a young girl and "falls to the floor shocked" when the guy she went home with moves in to kiss her...and then she goes on another dinner movie date and to his hotel room and sees his underwear and now she is harrassed and make some money.

When she says NO and when someone touches you with no reason to feel she wanted to be touched then I can see it.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: xstealth
So now flirting or asking a girl out is sexual harassment

That is irrational.
Under certain conditions, certain circumstances, it has ALWAYS been sexual harassment!
Like our Crotch-grabber in Chief!
When one is in a position of power, like the various old white men accused (with aps to Bill Cosby, but there's lots more powerful whites in the good old boys club), and they use that intimidating power to get away with acting like a thugs...

Versus going up to any woman in public, not job related, and politely asking her out.. you know, 'manners'?

Are you still going to defend the pu$$$y grabbers, or do you understand the difference?

One problem is the number of Women who appreciate the attention from the wealthy and powerful. In many cases, they pursue the guy but they can still sue over "unwanted" attention regardless of whether THEy flirt with him or lead him on.

Every case is going to be different, but in my opinion saying adults especially young attractive Men and Women working together all day and saying there will not be or can't romance develop is silly.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
Woah hold up a minute. Firstly, he's a married man. That alone shows how much respect he has for his own wife, and women in general. He's a pig.

Second accordingly to the article, its way more than just him asking her back to his hotel. He's been actively pursuing her, and she doesn't want him. I don't blame her, he's slime. I've had to deal with men like this and they disgust me.

This is clearly not what you people are making it out to be. This does seem like a clear cut case of harassment. It's a textbook case of an abusive man trying to victim blame and bully a woman who is standing up to him. This is not a part of some man-hating agenda. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

When was it? Why did she go to the hotel or even the date before? Was she to nieve to understand? I didn't hear any threat mentioned?

Bill O'Reilly/Divorce date
September 1, 2011

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This thread has now ben hijacked by the MGTOW.

Thread's over, anyways - looks like I won.
edit on 24-4-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Oh the grooming would have been unwelcome in a clubland situation but tactical sex with old women who could benefit my career was a no brainer.
Some I genuinely had to pretend in my mind with eyes shut that they were somebody else lol

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Damn, I'd look over to know who is behind this utter destruction of Fox News! I bet it's the Republican Establishment for supporting Trump!

Whoever it is they deserve a medal

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Oh the grooming would have been unwelcome in a clubland situation but tactical sex with old women who could benefit my career was a no brainer.
Some I genuinely had to pretend in my mind with eyes shut that they were somebody else lol

Benefit your career by pretending it was unwelcome behavior when it wasn't? is that what you are saying?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Oh gosh yes, if they weren't senior managers breaking rules grooming the young male employee who can see a tactical advantage, I'd never have slept with them.
Ever...I almost feel sick about one in particular looking back now lol

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Oh gosh yes, if they weren't senior managers breaking rules grooming the young male employee who can see a tactical advantage, I'd never have slept with them.

Not funny. =(

Don't pretend to be a victim if you were willing. It hurts everyone who really is a victim. If you wanted to sleep your way to the top, so to speak, then nothing illegal happened by you sleeping with your female bosses. Despite what your employee policy handbook says, it wasn't against the law if you went along willingly.

Please don't make me bring real life personal events into this conversation.

There's nothing charming about what you are saying. You exploited yourself...no one exploited you.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

If you're being serious...Wouldn't this behavior make someone a man-whore?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Not trying to be funny just sharing a factual story.
Old cougars who wanted to exploit me as a young worker ended up being exploited back.
I wouldn't have shagged any of them if they hadn't been the predators in the first place.
I was actually threatened by one if I didn't, lol, I won the power back after that night.
The exploitation was there, just I used a situation I struggled to change for my advantage.

You seem unhappy with my story?
I'm just sharing predatory female examples for balance.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
people should be able to operate in a professional manner with someone making them uncomfortable. If a women likes you, she will let you know. It is sexual harassment in the work place if it isnt mutual. case closed

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah I was.
Old cougars too stupid to realise they were being exploited back as they broke all the rules attempting exploitation of the young male employee.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
I think that approach would work fine in SOME situations. It doesn't work in every situation and doesn't apply to every situation of harassment and potential sexual assault or rape.

Oh dear,

If you truly believe my intention was to imply (or go on to imply) that it would be effective in those situations you just mentioned (which are clearly both way past an initial one-off comment you find offensive), then I'm afraid you and I are SO far from being able to discuss this topic as two reasonable adults that I now regret initially messaging you.

In the case of having at least two members now within this thread misrepresent what they felt I was arguing without even trying to look over what I ACTUALLY said, it's probably in my best interest to stop speaking with you as well. I don't come into these types of threads to cause drama or make individual members feel bad. I come in to try and suggest ways they can see how their current perspective on the topic might be bias, and suggest ways that they can achieve, what I consider to be, a healthier and more beneficial mindset when tackling the issues they face.

Good luck in all your future life endeavours!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Not trying to be funny just sharing a factual story.
Old cougars who wanted to exploit me as a young worker ended up being exploited back.
I wouldn't have shagged any of them if they hadn't been the predators in the first place.
I was actually threatened by one if I didn't, lol, I won the power back after that night.
The exploitation was there, just I used a situation I struggled to change for my advantage.

You seem unhappy with my story?
I'm just sharing predatory female examples for balance.

You didn't mention feeling threatened (not that I read anyway). Had you mentioned that, I wouldn't have said you were willing.

But, in all fairness, I specifically prodded and asked if you pretended it was unwelcome when it wasn't.

I wanted to be clear, before I commented further.

We have seriously just interacted briefly, but you remind me of a younger cousin, I have, that often misstates things for one reason or another to protect his 'heart' from being laid bare.

Had you said you felt threatened, earlier, my response would have been entirely different.

I don't mind you using your experience to your benefit if the alternative is that it hurts your 'heart,' and leaves you at a disadvantage because it happened.

Ok?
edit on 24-4-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

You asked me to try out your method on all kinds of people and not in any specific situation:

You don't "ask" people to stop doing something because you find it hurtful, offensive or awkward. You make them regret putting you in the position to demand they stop doing what they just did the first time it happens, as soon after it happens as you can. Don't give them the benefit of being able to even think about whether they can get away with doing it again. Stand up, be strong, be assertive, make them KNOW doing it again will have bad repercussions from them.

Try it on anyone you want. Try it on the most imposing, dominant, controlling, egocentric person in your life and see what happens. I guarantee you will benefit from the results.

Your suggestion was BROAD. And that is on you. I read it in a broad sense because I thought YOU meant it broadly.

I didn't put words in your mouth, you didn't put clear or concise words in your mouth.

And I sure didn't misrepresent what I "felt you were arguing."

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join