It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now flirting or asking a girl out is sexual harassment

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: doobydoll

Nah, we can eliminate the behavior by following the law. As I posted earlier, it's part of the law in regards to sexual harassment. You might as well say that since killing is a part of nature, people can't help killing other people since it comes naturally.

No I was referring to attractions developing between people that are in the same environment every day, it's that that I said comes naturally.

The sexual harassment part I said it's been going on since humans were invented, I didn't say that came natural.

You can't force people to 'follow the law', it's a personal choice one makes. You can only punish people for not following the law.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It isn't quite right to hit on female co-workers as it is, not so much illegal yet, but unethical anyway. It really always has been unethical at least...

But it's getting ridiculous to the point that one should really consult a lawyer before flirting or asking a woman out anymore.

...Safer, and more exciting if you're an adrenaline junkie like me, to go onto Craigslist or Back Pages, and just get it over with and pay her to go away, like getting married but the money changes hands in a backward fashion in comparison, and it stops with one payment...

Really !, it is getting to be ridiculous...Safest to just get a grip and fap your troubles away.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie

Who cares man, he was a weirdo in that film and chosing that name made him more of a weirdo, which is creepy. I've seen lads go down for being far less overbearing and knobby than Rock' was n that film, the guy was a predator.

Probably because one essential element to a sexual harassment claim is that the offending behavior is unwelcomed.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
On some college campuses making prolonged eye contact is now considered assault, soon enough everyone is going to have to carry a binder of consent forms just to walk to the corner store.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yeah, you're spot on.

That power ball thing was nuts...maybe that's what she thought - she heard the word ball and it immediately conjred up an image of testicles. This, coupled with the word power led her to assume that you were suggesting she partake in a game involving powerfull testicles which is obviously code for office orgy.

I can see the logic, it took some astounding mental gymnastics on my part but since it's now on the internet it must be true.

Sue the Power-ball Lottery for their reckless choice in names and it's deleterious impact on your career path...estimate potential lost earnings from lost promotions in being labeled a sexual harasser somewhere in the ballpark of 50 Million.

Tell them you are open to settling at 10% of damages

edit on 24-4-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
On some college campuses making prolonged eye contact is now considered assault

Link please...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

On some college campuses making prolonged eye contact is now considered assault, soon enough everyone is going to have to carry a binder of consent forms just to walk to the corner store.

We are just witnessing the partisan politicization of 'women's issues.' I am not sure I believe many people really care though...unless it serves their partisan political purposes.

The worst thing to happen to feminism is when it was hijacked by the Democratic party...a party that has proven, again & again, that it uses and abuses.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The grooming behaviour by middle aged female managers was certainly welcomed but against the rules when I was in my twenties.
I just exploited my 'victim' status for my own benefit.
Strange how sexual harassment is perceived so differently when we switch the genders around.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ok, well here's a thought - what other romantic films or stories do you know where someone pursued another one who wasn't interested at first? Can you think of any where a particular role was quite creepy and insistant in a way that would cause you to be worried if you were the object of their affection?

You know what...I remember my Grandad telling me that my Gran wasn't interested in him at first because for some reason she beleived he was a wrestler. This always amused me, it made me think of my Gran in a different way, I saw how she was perhaps rather naive, gentle, probably a bit shy and wanted to shelter herself from harm. It was kinda sweet, she died recently but it's little things like that I remember about her. I asked her about it when I was a bit older, shortly after my grandad had died and she laughed and said she thought he was a wrestler because she'd seen him attend some wrestling event, he was a spectator. How cute is that?

He pursued her, though, and had he not I'd not be here to tell what I told, have!

This stuff has always happened, maybe it's supposed to. I reckon some people just dig being a killjoy or simply hate someone and is callous and nasty enough to do whatever it takes to destroy them.

That's the real problem, it's not about how people embark on a romantic endeavour, or begin courting. It's about nasty people who are small-minded and have nothing better to do but be the centre of some ranty, dramatic goodness where they're at the center. They're the victim...and it gives them a fix.

It don't matter what means they used to reach an end, sexual harassment, racism, bigotry, people will make false accusations, plant false evidence, lie, cheat and steal just to f*** someone over if they don't like them.

The cause of the furore is just a vehicle and shouldn't be the focus, the real focus should be the mental state of people who are going all-out to take part in the victim olympics. We need to stop lying and being distracted...there's a poison among us and we ain't even lookin' for no cure, man!
edit on 24-4-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

We are just witnessing the partisan politicization of 'women's issues.' I am not sure I believe many people really care though...unless it serves their partisan political purposes.

The worst thing to happen to feminism is when it was hijacked by the Democratic party...a party that has proven, again & again, that it uses and abuses.

Most BRILLIANT observation in the thread!

P.S. That compliment was not a flirt.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

You are so handsome-ish.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The grooming behaviour by middle aged female managers was certainly welcomed but against the rules when I was in my twenties.
I just exploited my 'victim' status for my own benefit.
Strange how sexual harassment is perceived so differently when we switch the genders around.

I don't perceive that any differently if it was a man or a women.

If the behavior is welcome, don't claim it wasn't...I don't care if you are man or a woman or the managers are men or women.

edit on 24-4-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Who cares man, he was a weirdo in that film and chosing that name made him more of a weirdo, which is creepy. I've seen lads go down for being far less overbearing and knobby than Rock' was n that film, the guy was a predator.

Probably because one essential element to a sexual harassment claim is that the offending behavior is unwelcomed.

Yeah, I get that.

That's the point, though. What we see isn't necessarily what's actually going on within. Some people might watch Rocky and not find it creepy at all how he relentlessly pursues this woman, and yells her name when he's all broken. The man was an idiot.

Like I said - if the tables were flipped and I was being stalked by a female equivalent of Rocky I wouldn't be too enamoured. In the film, the object of Rocky's affection was enamoured....despite the fact that he was creepy and to me she looked terrified of him.. There is no template or standard for finding the person you want as a lifelong companion. Each scenario is vastly different, so many variables - there's no formula thus there shouldn't be restrictions.

The only restrictions should be imposed by the individuals, who can set their own particular standards.
edit on 24-4-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My boss refuses to hire women for this reason. Even our clerical help in the office is male. Although we are a small company ( 4 project managers, 11 site supers, 1 accountant/controller, 1 business developer, 2 secretaries/clerks, and our president), many of those positions could be filled by qualified women, but my boss won't even consider them. Can you blame him?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Dems did not Hijack Feminism. Dems were the only political party that aligned with feminists when Conservatives attacked it.

That is just the facts and history...Not a single advancement in women's equality where they GOP wasn't battling it.

That said..Dems sure exploit it, but that is politics and not specific to any party.
edit on 24-4-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
My boss refuses to hire women for this reason. Even our clerical help in the office is male. Although we are a small company ( 4 project managers, 11 site supers, 1 accountant/controller, 1 business developer, 2 secretaries/clerks, and our president), many of those positions could be filled by qualified women, but my boss won't even consider them. Can you blame him?

You should employ some females as cleaners.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: IAMTAT

You are so handsome-ish.

I'm semi-offended-ish.

Make me sammich...and I won't sue you.
edit on 24-4-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: xstealth
I feel bad for you single guys.

If you ask a girl out or flirt with one you can lose your job over it, ask Bill O'Reily.

Now Sean Hannity is being accused.

Debbie Schlussel said the married primetime anchor invited her back to his hotel in Detroit after the pair met at a book signing. After the conservative commentator turned down the father-of-two's advances, she claims she wasn't invited back on his show. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So the direction this is going you guys will be sued for catcalling or flirting with a woman.

I'm not going to comment on the ethics of a married man flirting with a girl since this is unproven, I want to point out the direction these allegations are going.

In my opinion sexual harassment should only be recognized in extreme cases, not when a man tries to pick you up. That's what men do. (not me, im married faithfully (in case my wife is reading)(i'm being honest though))

Workplace is a place to work, not flirt and pull women.
It's been like that in a lot of workplaces since at least the 90's.
This isn't new, I'm sure it's been like that in a corporation like FOX for at least that long too.
Employers also try stop that practice so if the two employees fall out it doesn't carry on in to the workplace.

Problem becomes when one person's "flirt" is another person's "I hate eating alone. You're my coworker. What are you doing for lunch?"

When one of them is the boss or supervisor, it becomes easy to make a power play claiming an impropriety that may never have existed and this is precisely why Pence never eats alone with a woman not his wife ... but remember how the left mocked him for that?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Only really ugly people should have jobs.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
IMO many women bring headaches to the work force that aren't needed and we'd be better off without. Doesn't mean there aren't great women out there I've worked with and who do a good job, I met my wife at work after all, but their very nature, the jealousy, the cattiness, the gossiping about others, the tit for tat, going around people's backs nature they often bring hurts the atmosphere. My wife who's from Europe doesn't relate to most of her female colleagues and their mentality, always scheming, always plotting to get over on a coworker.

They also want equality but actively engage in inequality. An example is locker rooms at gyms. I can't tell you how often I've had female cleaners in the locker room right beside naked, changing men. Female sports reporters demand to be in locker rooms right after games, where players are naked and showering. They say "we're just being professional and doing our jobs".

Would they tolerate the reverse. Not in a million years.
edit on 24-4-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join