It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now flirting or asking a girl out is sexual harassment

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Yes, I do.

I also sometimes wear a concealed pistol. Not always, but would you like to guess if today's the day?

I will also desperately try to avoid situations where I am alone with a woman, I constantly scan for escape routes when driving in case there's an accident, I try to position myself at a restaurant where I can see my car, and I literally have my shop booby-trapped.

You can call it paranoid all you like, but I'm still walking free even after being accused of falsehoods on more than one occasion. We... well, except for TrueBrit, live in a world populated by some pretty mean and hateful people (usually, in my experience, easily identified by the ones who accuse others of being mean and hateful) who will gladly cut a throat over any disagreement. I plan on doing whatever it takes to protect me and mine, because, frankly, I see very few who would bat an eye for me.

Those who would, I call close friends. Wish there were more.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Have you recovered yet? I always have hugs for persecuted white men.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Nothing you said applies to the situation I was referring to. There was no 'coming back' and there was no irrational fear.

I'm not talking about changing a past event that cannot be changed. I'm asking if you would consider using this method you have not yet used in the future if you needed to?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I drank, it seemed to help. But free hugz is always cool.

link   

Gosh now it's white men. White men have it so much rougher than everyone else.

Are you a white man?

Because, unless you are (which I am 99.99% sure you are NOT), I have to wonder why you would object to "privileged" white males judging issues of discrimination faced by people of colour, but feel it is your duty as a non-white male to judge issues of discrimination faced by white males?

So in regard to your highly sarcastic reply above, which does indicate you strongly feel white men have NOT had it rough, how do you explain the clear double standard you are displaying now?

Does your position as the "suppressed" negate your responsibility from commenting on something you cannot know anything about? You tell me...

edit on 24/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: xstealth
I feel bad for you single guys.

If you ask a girl out or flirt with one you can lose your job over it, ask Bill O'Reily.

Now Sean Hannity is being accused.

Debbie Schlussel said the married primetime anchor invited her back to his hotel in Detroit after the pair met at a book signing. After the conservative commentator turned down the father-of-two's advances, she claims she wasn't invited back on his show. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So the direction this is going you guys will be sued for catcalling or flirting with a woman.

I'm not going to comment on the ethics of a married man flirting with a girl since this is unproven, I want to point out the direction these allegations are going.

In my opinion sexual harassment should only be recognized in extreme cases, not when a man tries to pick you up. That's what men do. (not me, im married faithfully (in case my wife is reading)(i'm being honest though))

Workplace is a place to work, not flirt and pull women.
It's been like that in a lot of workplaces since at least the 90's.
This isn't new, I'm sure it's been like that in a corporation like FOX for at least that long too.
Employers also try stop that practice so if the two employees fall out it doesn't carry on in to the workplace.

According to studies most marriages the couple meet either in college or at work. Most work places have the rule you cant be a supervisor over someone you're dating. This situation with him is actually similar to how the wife and i met. I was a college professor hired by her law firm to go over a case. It was about science involving force and i had to teach a class in court. She asked me out at a pre trial meeting.

According to what studies?
Do share if you're going to say I'm wrong for saying you shouldn't flirt in the workplace.
I've seen studies saying that 30% of those who meet at work get married but I find it hard to believe that MOST marriages are people that meet in college or at work. I'll happily be proven wrong.

School and work are the next-most common meeting locations (15-20%). Parties and bars are good for short-term (less than one month) sexual relationships (17-25%) and not bad for marriages (8-10%). Churches are good for meeting marriage partners (11%),

Also work has the highest chance of getting married at 30 percent while even onlin dating is 5%. I do agree you should avoid office romances in certain situations. But you have to realize you work with and see someone every day you will develop relationships. And sometimes that relationship may lead to other things. Thats why as far as work if its a co worker thats fine if its someone you supervise its not. You simply ask if they want to go out if they say no its done.

en.wikibooks.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: HeathenJessie

You have that backwards.

The minimum standard for a man, regardless of what goes on around him, or any other factor, is to be a gentleman. A woman could walk past a gentleman, while she was totally unclothed in any way, and all a gentleman would make would be eye contact. No cat calls, no suggestive behaviour of any kind, no assumption, no expectation, just acceptance and a determination to carry on his day. That is the MINIMUM standard of gentlemanly comportment I would expect from myself, leave alone any other man. He might go one further, and inquire of the woman "Are you alright? Do you require the use of my jacket? Is there anyone you would like me to call? Would you like to call the police, so they can track down the person who stole your clothing?".

A gentleman certainly would not use the opportunity to gawp, drool, or even raise an eyebrow in appreciation. A gentleman is more powerful than the chemistry of which he is made, and cannot, no matter how brazen the attempt, be pulled off that pinnacle of good form. All men ought be gentlemen. None ought be animals. Some however, only have to be in the company of a reasonably attractive woman, not even one partially undressed, or dressed in provocative fashion, and without invite or reason to do so, will announce their temporary and pointless infatuation with the objectified female. Such slaves to chemistry ought be confined to their dwelling places for the safety of all!

No, you got it wrong, I never said anything about cat calls.

I said a friend of mine made a comment that being looked at made her feel uncomfortable because she reads too much into it.

Why is there a standard for me to be gentlemanly but not for women to be ladylike? I don't hold all women to that standard.

I was gentlemanly when I was asked to fix a PC that had some issues in work and the desktop background image was a ripped, tattoo'd dude posing in a sexually suggestive way.

But we were told we had to take a calendar down because on eparticular month showed a bikini clad woman washing a lambourghini.

Total double standards...but don't add bits on to what I'm saying to make a point. She never said squat about people cat calling her, she just didn't like the fact that people looked at her, said it made her uncomfortable.

I don't think that's what made her uncomfortable...what made her uncomfortable was being looked at by men she didn't deem lived up to her high standards.

And also she was uncomfortable because she tended to dress like an attention seeking idiot.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Shhhh...Augustus is in down in his 'Safe Space' playing with all his sharp toys right now.

He'll be up for a hug, after he hoses the blood and gore off.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: TrueBrit

Seriously awesome comment.

Bollocks - it was a contrived piece of virtue signalling stupidity...offering her your jacket.

Sure, in the late victorian period, perhaps.

I put it to you that if you go around and offer enough women your jacket that sooner or later one would take offence...

Don't like like my body? You telling me to cover up? Who do you think you are? Etc.

It was a pathetic comment designed to get a pat on the back and some people actually bought it...it'd be hilarious had it not been so cringeworthy.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

it seems like your friend wanted attention even if she claims she did not.

Anyways, when you are a nice person its not so easy saying "no".

also, fears of him becoming obsessive happen, people are strange. I dont want some freak becoming angry and abusive bc I flat out said "NO!", its creepy to begin with that he doesnt get the subtle hints.

If you can't clearly say no then you're partially responsible for continued advances whether you admit it or like it or not.

I had some crazy girl stalk me a few years ago, I tried being nice. Ignored her constant messages on facebook...I didn't want to be mean because I'm a good friend on her fathers, we worked together.

It was him who told me...put her straight, be up front, it's screwing with her head. So I did, and ain't heard from her since.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You want all four arms?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

TrueBrit is always consistent in who he is and claims to be. That speaks more than your opinion of his comment.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Nothing you said applies to the situation I was referring to. There was no 'coming back' and there was no irrational fear.

I'm not talking about changing a past event that cannot be changed. I'm asking if you would consider using this method you have not yet used in the future if you needed to?

If a situation warrants that kind of approach, I would.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You want all four arms?

What do you think?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I have a white brother, father, son and have typically dated such. Not one seems to feel persecuted. It seems to me only Conservative white men with inferiority complexes on the internet suffer this.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

If a situation warrants that kind of approach, I would.

Just so we are on the same page: you agree that the LATEST approach I described before is something you would be willing to try in the future IF you need to, because you agree it seems like good advice at this moment of time (having not tried this approach before)?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Okay when you feel safe enough come in for the big one.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I have a white brother, father, son and have typically dated such. Not one seems to feel persecuted. It seems to me only Conservative white men with inferiority complexes on the internet suffer this.

I didn't ask if your brother, father, son or past dates were white, I asked if you were a white male yourself? The subsequent ad-hominem (implying that I am a conservative white man with an inferiority complex on the internet) is evidence enough for me you are now trying to deflect away from what you know I have just proven.

PS: I am white man on the internet, but I don't have an inferiority complex and I am CERTAINLY not a conservative! How dare you accuse me of the latter!

edit on 24/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

TrueBrit is always consistent in who he is and claims to be. That speaks more than your opinion of his comment.

So?

It's easy to play a particular role, online. He's basically trying to justify the stupidity of an attention seeker who claimed she didn't like being looked at by men but went out of her way to make sure men looked at her.

You dress in miniskirts and heels, caked in makeup and swagger around being all slinky and what have you, you're gonna turn heads.

Being gentlemanly has absolutely noting to do with it. Are we to assume that TrueBrit walks around intentionally going out of his way not to look at women that are attractive?

I don't believe that for a minute, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's as much a gentleman as he's persuaded you...to be perfectly blunt I'd find that far more creepy than any man who is happy to have a quick glance and nod in approval.

There's nothing wrong with finding a woman attractive...if he walks around with blinkers on, scared to look...I think, what is he trying to suppress, exactly?

I don't believe a word of it. Good for you if you do.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Oh so now flirting and asking a woman out means a married man inviting a woman back to his hotel room, what a gentleman!!! I guess that's the non pc conservative way of doing things. Sounds more like a caveman to me but hey boys will be pussy grabbing boys! No wonder you trumpsters have no problem w those actions, your hero has made that kind of behavior acceptable unless of course you're a social justice warrior snowflake libtard, amirite?
edit on 24-4-2017 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join