It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Thank you, I'll track that down. At least we have some confirmation that it actually did happen.

For what it's worth my take on this is that we're at war in Afghanistan. Weapons will be used. It's a war.

link   
a reply to: lostbook

Well cuz President Trump was going to stop all of the foreign wars and war mongering and just focus on America First Dontcha' know.

Good Gawd. The idiots that voted for this maniac are just too stupid to breed. They wanted that Big Alpha that they all aspire to be in there though. You want a strongman, you get violence.

I know, I know.

"Better than Hillareeee!" Deflect, when you look like a dumb ass.

link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Thats not it this thing would have a blast radius of 3km

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That bottom video wasn't a MOAB. They have a mushroom cloud.

TheRedneck

link   
A short video showing the MOAB in action. It talks about the "specs" of the bomb.

link   
I honestly don't even know what to make off this right now . Trump is at least staying good on his promise to fight ISIS , but this is about as unsettling a situation there is to be in now . This is truly uncharted territory . Syria , North Korea and now this .
If we find a way to avoid WW3 now it will be an absolute miracle ..

link   
So, is this a magnesium bomb or a bomb utilizing a different metal catalyst?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
As a Canadian, I can say that I'm happy we are cooperating neighbours with the US, because our military is weaksauce.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I wonder how many taxpayer dollars went to that, considering each Tomahawk Cruise Missile costs rougly $500,000

More than I'll pay in taxes in my lifetime.

Let's face it, we're all paying for war and that's about it.

Our bridges will fall from deterioration while we bomb the enemies.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

... this is about as unsettling a situation there is to be in now .

War usually is unsettling. That's what makes it a thing to be avoided.

We avoided it for 16 years. It's still going. Time to stop it.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Well cuz President Trump was going to stop all of the foreign wars and war mongering and just focus on America First Dontcha' know.

Good Gawd. The idiots that voted for this maniac are just too stupid to breed. They wanted that Big Alpha that they all aspire to be in there though. You want a strongman, you get violence.

I know, I know.

"Better than Hillareeee!" Deflect, when you look like a dumb ass.

Yep!

"Better than Hillareeee!

War is hell, and innocent people die! Guess giving Daesh hugs and welcoming them into our country would be a better solution!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill

Link

That video footage isn't MOAB, nor in Iraq. That is old footage from Yemen. The Saudi's targeted a huge weapons storage facility.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

As far as I am concerned they can yell all the Allahu Akhbar all they want as they get their asses bombed...God is indeed great.
edit on 13-4-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see how many people support this agression V. S how many cringe thinking this is too much show of muscle and too quickly at that . The past 7 days have been insane .

The question many want to know I'm sure is was Trump a globalist all along or did he get compromised by the shadow government recently ?

The 180 on so many of his policies in such a short time frame is shocking .

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
I honestly don't even know what to make off this right now . Trump is at least staying good on his promise to fight ISIS , but this is about as unsettling a situation there is to be in now . This is truly uncharted territory
If we find a way to avoid WW3 now it will be an absolute miracle

Why is it uncharted terrortory? We dropped over 26,000 bombs in 2016.

In President Obama’s last year in office, the United States dropped 26,172 bombs in seven countries. This estimate is undoubtedly low, considering reliable data is only available for airstrikes in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Libya, and a single “strike,” according to the Pentagon’s definition, can involve multiple bombs or munitions. In 2016, the United States dropped 3,028 more bombs—and in one more country, Libya—than in 2015.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

But was it a fuel-air type bomb? Those will kill you even if you are in a nearby cave underground and not directly under it.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

We can take care of ourselves. Ranking is great. Come hang out with our military you might learn something!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

What's weird is that bottom video was uploaded a month ago. Explosion doesn't look that big either.

That is old footage from Yemen and nothing to do with MOAB. The Saudi's targeted a weapons store.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The question many want to know I'm sure is was Trump a globalist all along or did he get compromised by the shadow government recently ?

Trump is going to be the global leader in fighting ISIS because every other leader is too damn chicken to do anything due to being "politically correct" nonsense.

The 180 change is a quick adaptation to economic, political, and terrorist changes....if you don't adapt you will never win (as a nation)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

He always maintained he would get rid of ISIS.

No turnaround here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join