It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

That place they dropped the MOAB today...well, 37-year-old Staff Sgt. Mark De Alencar of Edgewood, Maryland, died Saturday of wounds sustained when his unit encountered enemy small arms fire in Afghanistan's Nangarhar Province.

De Alencar was assigned to 1st Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Eglin Air Force Base, Florida.

The message sent today - don't kill our troops or we will send something that will kill you all.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

That's what I mean, it's more likely down to just me not being 'in the loop' about the conflict in the ME as much as I used to be but there's never anything in the MSM about afghanistan either. There's a few videos on Liveleak about it but not too much

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I've always found it annoying that we call them what they want to be called. I think we should call them something like "Murderous psychopath Cowards Cult I",,, Cult II, etc.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

If W. had done this,I believe we could have avoided both wars.But then who am I kidding.They were going in anyways.

W didn't fight to win. He tried threatening, dangling the MOAB and other weapons over the enemy's head like the sword of Damoclese, but lacked the testicles needed to actually use the weapons. Small problem: the enemy is a collective of freaks and cultish asshats who believe their deaths will equal their salvation, meaning the only way to effectively fight them is to effectively kill them. PERIOD. Ideally, we'd develop methods to posthumously defile the corpses, too, making them think long and hard about any actions that would result int heir deaths and refusal by their imaginary afterlife rewards... but maybe that strategy will come to pass later.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

If W. had done this,I believe we could have avoided both wars.But then who am I kidding.They were going in anyways.

If Li'l George had done this, we would be done with it now.

If Obama had done this, we would be in the clean-up phase.

But no, we had to let the splinter fester because... politics!

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I saw a price tag of 16 million for a moab. I imagine "moab, inc" is hoping for a few more to be dropped.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ideally, we'd develop methods to posthumously defile the corpses...

You sound like the enemy.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Nothing going on in Afghanistan. Yeah right.

German Armed Forces casualties

link   
a reply to: Jiggly

The western world has its enemies which it has to deal with ,war is a grim business that creates widows and orphans and dead and maimed people often for decades after hostilities in the case of cluster bombs and landmines,if it has to be done then approach it begrudgingly this Dallas cowboys cheerleading squad crap makes me rather uncomfortable.

link   
a reply to: angeldoll

MPCC I and MPCC II.... I like it!

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Since it's the "mother" of all bombs, I hope it wore a hijab so as not to offend the locals.

-Chris

Ok!

That did make me laugh

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I've always found it annoying that we call them what they want to be called. I think we should call them something like "Murderous psychopath Cowards Cult I",,, Cult II, etc.

I just stick to Daesh. They really hate that.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: LSU0408

The viet cong proved you can bomb till kingdom come but if you dont control the ground you dont control anything so no your not winning 80 per cent of Afghanistan is still the wild west.Alexander the Great remains the only person who ever subdued the place.

It's only just begun, and compared to our last nearly 30 years, we're winning.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Where these animals are concerned, I am the enemy...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
Everyone cries and complains about how bad ISIS is and how we need to stop them. But when the US literally bombs the sh*t out of ISIS, everyone complains and is against the move?

If Obama did this they'd be celebrating.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pharyax
Isn't this also known as the Daisy cutter? or WAS that the largest before MOAB.. Saw the test in north Florida pan handle... WOW.. the soundwave went--what, 15 miles? (you could hear it).

Hope it got waswas.

EDIT: Daisy cutter was 15,000lb. MOAB is 21,000.

the MOAB GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast is not the biggest and the media gets it wrong again.
The GBU-57A/B Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) is a U.S. Air Force, precision-guided, 30,000-pound (14,000 kg) "bunker buster" bomb.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Where these animals are concerned, I am the enemy...

So is probably everyone in this thread.

Defiling corpses isn't normal behaviour.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

No, I was saying dropping a bomb on ISIS is not "uncharted territory". We've been dropping thousands of bombs every year since 2001. I wasn't commenting on what WW3 would entail.

Hussein (Iraq) was taken out in 2003...as far as I know he wasn't ISIS.

Gaddafi (Libya) was taken out in 2011...as far as I know he wasn't ISIS.

US has been bombing ME to take out dictators and apparent WMDs in the ME.

The bombings never were about taking out ISIS...until maybe now...2017?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

EEE HEEE! Exactly...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: redhorse
a reply to: lostbook

Well cuz President Trump was going to stop all of the foreign wars and war mongering and just focus on America First Dontcha' know.

Good Gawd. The idiots that voted for this maniac are just too stupid to breed. They wanted that Big Alpha that they all aspire to be in there though. You want a strongman, you get violence.

I know, I know.

"Better than Hillareeee!" Deflect, when you look like a dumb ass.

Yep!

"Better than Hillareeee!

War is hell, and innocent people die! Guess giving Daesh hugs and welcoming them into our country would be a better solution!

Oh lord. "War is hell..." No #. Generally spoken by people who have never been to war and usually have never even been in a violent situation where they feared for their life. Armchair warrior talk. Go back to your video game.

As far as Daesh, I said no such thing. I did not even imply that. I'm all for not letting Muslims into the country. I actually back that up. Blocking immigration from a religious group that refuses to assimilate, and harbors people with often violent intentions toward anyone who does not think the way that they do is good sense. I thought that was a good idea; Trumps implementation and ham handedness in how he tried to achieve it was stupid though. So stupid, in fact, I don't think even he ever expected that to work. It was just a placation for his supporters. Ponies and balloons.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join