It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
I am not looking forward to how many civilians have died. This size bomb was not needed. What is wrong with your president?

Civilians don't hide in tunnels.

a 21000 pound bomb collapsing a tunnel network ?

With zero friendly deaths.

Priceless.

The seismic shocks alone from it made those tunnels a coffin.

edit on 13-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
lol.. obama dropped over 26,000 bombs alone in 2016... drone strikes up the ass.. and you didnt care than..

now all of a sudden you're humanitarians? gtfo

LOL...well said

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

The message sent today - don't kill our troops or we will send something that will kill you all.

How about don t invade other countrys?

If another country invaded the USA you would fight the invaders, so whay act suprsied when other countrys do the same when US troops invade?
edit on 13-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Kuroodo

This would be either Taliban or mujahideen not ISIS they aren't in Afghanistan

Because you're more knowledgeable than our intelligence department. Sure.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Then it's time to start MOPping up the enemy so severely that they will have 'no hiding place'!

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
From CENTCOM:

MOAB is designed for soft targets, or to be used in valleys against caves. The civilian casualties should be as close to zero as they could get them.
edit on 4/13/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

We don't need you! We can handle whatever comes our way.

No you can't.

To be honest you sound like a pacifist and they can not handle any sort of conflict at all.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
So is probably everyone in this thread.

Defiling corpses isn't normal behaviour.

Let's examine this further. If you are fighting an enemy which believes their death in battle, if it accompanies a body count of both enemy combatants and enemy non-combatants, grants them a seat in their vision of heaven and if there is a series of rules regarding their own corpses which must also be followed or else they would lose said seat in heaven, why the hell isn't it "normal" to do whatever is needed to those corpses to show the enemy they'll not be reaching heaven on your watch? I'm just saying, rolling their carcasses around in some pig blood or dog hair for all to see ultimately saves lives, because very few people are going to continue fighting and dying when they realize their imaginary after death rewards aren't going to be reaching them.

Personally, I question the sanity and motivations of anyone who believes these animals deserve ANY courtesy or reverence where their dead bone bags are concerned.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Its still not about ISIS its about oil and gas and the petrodollar all empires end up in wars in far flung places for resources thats the way its been for 6000 years of recorded history where it all goes wrong is when the empire starts using mercinary armies

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Frankly, this MOAB is simply The Mother of all Barrel bombs.

As usual, whether a weapon is "humane" seems to depend on who is using it.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I like that last bit:
"US Forces will continue offensive operations until ISIS-K is destroyed in Afghanistan"

Sounds good. Except, I wonder, just how do you defeat a mind set with MOABs?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

If you read the thread I stood corrected theres a new creation ISIS X or whatever the spooks have conjured up,as for your intelligence agencies The Onion has been more accurate the last 6 months.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I am not looking forward to how many civilians have died. This size bomb was not needed. What is wrong with your president?

There wont be any civilians unless you happen to kill a goat herder. This area is remote mountain area and the reason it made a good place for groups like isis to hide. There is mountains with caves all over the area as spc ops i spent some time there trying to track down taliban fighters.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Did we invade Afghanistan?

I thought we were invited.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: matafuchs

The message sent today - don't kill our troops or we will send something that will kill you all.

How about don t invade other countrys?

If another country invaded the USA you would fight the invaders, so whata ct suprsied when other countrys do the same when US troops invade?

How about don't fly planes into big towers in a country unless you are asking for trouble? Kind of like poking at a hornet's nest

At 2:00 min is gold

I just wonder how many bombs will miss the ISIS leaders COMPLETELY to keep the war ongoing?
edit on 13-4-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

link   

Excellent! Now, if only we could incinerate the fields of poppy.

Off-topic re: your av. Reminds me of a novel by Barrington J. Bailey - 'The Pillars of Eternity' ('the bones').

link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Well, he said he wouldn't start another war, or kill innocents, so what should we (they) have expected? Of course it's the opposite of what he said he would do, like everything else.

No, actually he said that he would destroy ISIS quickly, "believe me".

So...this is just one more stride along that road. If they want to dig themselves into a mountain, like an anthill, thinking that they are invulnerable in there...well, not so much.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhotonEffect

I like that last bit:
"US Forces will continue offensive operations until ISIS-K is destroyed in Afghanistan"

Sounds good. Except, I wonder, just how do you defeat a mind set with MOABs?

It makes it known that no matter where you hide or how deep you go they can still be killed. realizing that no where is safe can change a mind set.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
From CENTCOM:

MOAB is designed for soft targets, or to be used in valleys against caves. The civilian casualties should be as close to zero as they could get them.

Interestingly enough, the Achin district area of Afghanistan is well known for its opium/poppy fields... in fact, it's one of the largest growing ops in the country.

But I'm sure the US operations fighting "ISIS" in that area has absolutely nothing to do with that, obviously it must be just a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

originally posted by: Pharyax
Isn't this also known as the Daisy cutter? or WAS that the largest before MOAB.. Saw the test in north Florida pan handle... WOW.. the soundwave went--what, 15 miles? (you could hear it).

Hope it got waswas.

EDIT: Daisy cutter was 15,000lb. MOAB is 21,000.

the MOAB GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast is not the biggest and the media gets it wrong again.
The GBU-57A/B Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) is a U.S. Air Force, precision-guided, 30,000-pound (14,000 kg) "bunker buster" bomb.

The warhead of the GBU-57 is only 5,800 lbs. The warhead on a MOAB is over 18,000 lbs. The additional weight of the 57 is to facilitate deeper penetration, the MOAB actually has a much higher yield.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join