It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
CNN is reprotimg that the US has just dropped what's known as the M.O.A.B. or the Mother of All Bombs, a 21000 lb bomb which is the most powerful bomb short of a Nuclear bomb.

"The US military has dropped an enormous bomb in Afghanistan according to four US military officials with direct knowledge of the mission.
A GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb — nicknamed the "Mother of All Bombs" (MOAB) — was dropped in at 7 p.m. local time Thursday, sources said.
This is the first time a MOAB has been used in the battlefield, according to the US officials.
Military sources said the target was ISIS tunnels and personnel in the Achin district of the Nangarhar province. The military is currently assessing the damage.
This munition was developed during the Iraq War but was never used in the battlefield."

The GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB pronounced /ˈmoʊ.æb/, commonly known as the Mother of All Bombs) is a large-yield conventional (non-nuclear) bomb, developed for the United States military by Albert L. Weimorts, Jr. of the Air Force Research Laboratory.[1] At the time of development, it was touted as the most powerful non-nuclear weapon ever designed.[2] The bomb was designed to be delivered by a C-130 Hercules, primarily the MC-130E Combat Talon I or MC-130H Combat Talon II variants. Since then, Russia has tested its "Father of All Bombs", which is claimed to be four times as powerful as the MOAB.[3]

There's not much news being reported yet, still breaking.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 13-4-2017 by lostbook because: add text

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Link?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Link?

No link(s) yet. Still breaking......

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Here is the link:

www.cnn.com...

I also added this link to the original op.
edit on 13-4-2017 by lostbook because: word add

link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Link?

Yea, FOX is talking about it. I only found it from a tabloid.

Not doubting you, but you know how it is posting something like this without a link?

link   

I wonder how many taxpayer dollars went to that, considering each Tomahawk Cruise Missile costs rougly $500,000

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

CNN report Here

That's some bomb.

link   
www.foxnews.com... ld/2017/04/13/us-drops-largest-non-nuclear-bomb-in-afghanistan-after-green-beret-killed.html

edit on 13-4-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
link   
I am not looking forward to how many civilians have died. This size bomb was not needed. What is wrong with your president?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

according to four US military officials with direct knowledge of the mission.CNN

Just once I'd like to have a real source...
edit on 13-4-2017 by Noncents because: From The CNN Story

+34 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I wonder how many taxpayer dollars went to that, considering each Tomahawk Cruise Missile costs rougly $500,000

Who cares? Getting rid of ISIS is more important to me than a couple of dollars coming out of my paycheck.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
I am not looking forward to how many civilians have died. This size bomb was not needed. What is wrong with your president?

Very good point but I'm sure they were just looking for a real world scenario where they could actually deploy it in combat theater...

George Carlin knew that killing brown people is one of our favorite testing grounds....

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Do you really think this is going to get rid of ISIS?

+65 more 
link   

He's not a bitch.

link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Link?

Yea, FOX is talking about it. I only found it from a tabloid.

Not doubting you, but you know how it is posting something like this without a link?

I know but I want to get this info right to ATS. Things are escalating quickly.

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

Do you really think this is going to get rid of ISIS?

I think it will send a pretty clear message.

link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Yea right you are. I'm listening to the news and no one cares who has died other then ISIS it's seems to be about getting in to see what damage it caused. Unreal.

link   
a reply to: Noncents

Here's another source.

www.foxnews.com...

I hope there were no Americans killed. What the hell? Maybe he just took out most of ISIS.

link   
Thought CNN was Fake News.....so i'll ignore this story then.

+13 more 
link   
Do you really need to drop a bomb that has a radius of a mile? You cannot avoid innocents with these type of weapons..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join