It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jay walking now a dangerous crime?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: intrptr

so do you have a source for this or are you just speculating. i don't recall reading anything that says what you claim.
cause it can clearly be heard and read that he has a job, so one would assume( yeah i know ) he has a home to go to and sleep before going to work.

Is that more 'official' story why officer beat him? Just heard theres "no charges being filed"... also monitoring two more 'cases' as we speak, one in Colorado, they face slam a 22 year old woman (student) to the cement and in OH(?) they kick a man in the head while he's down and cuffed.

This is what happens when you call the cops...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
The official story limited to this event. More to my point, not the other 'pre textual' ten times they 'harassed' him before this.

Sorry, Intrptr, but this single incident is all that matters in the eyes of the law--the strawman argument of all of this other possible harassment (that you can't prove, BTW) is irrelevant.

It's called being a goddamn adult--this adult acted like a child throwing a temper tantrum, and his bluff got called. This incident is all that matters concerning this thread and discussion. If you want to start citing prior incidents between Cain and the LEOs, or start making up hypotheticals in order to justify his tantrum behavior, you can have fun with that, but if you want an intelligent conversation concerning this issue, I'd recommend stopping that nonsense and focus on the issue at hand.

So he finally snapped, can't blame him.

No, you can and should--it's called personal responsibility, something that apologists for the "victims" in these types of confrontations tend to ignore.

Besides, he turned away in the video when the cop became aggressive, not physically resisting.

We must be watching different videos, then, because the ones that I posted and watched very closely, Mr. Cain taunts the officer before taking off his jacket and squaring up with the officer. You may want to re-watch the video.

Double besides, the cop did this by himself (tilt), ensuring he could later claim I was alone, in fear of my life. I had to use brutality, body slam him to the pavement and repeatedly punch him in the face (double tilt) for "not complying fast enough", instead of waiting for back up or employing a taser.

Not complying fast enough? REALLY? He was given 14 commands in total to either 'come here/stop' or 'stop or I'll take you down.' Stop with the BS about blaming the officer--you seem to have a penchant for fabricating motive on behalf of the officer in order to dismiss Mr. Cain's behavior. Does that really actually work on anybody who is really paying attention?

Obvious beat down by power happy cop, who is now under review for overstepping his authority.

I agree that he crossed the line with the strikes to Cain's face, but everything that led up to Cain being taken to the ground and arrested was because of what Cain chose not to do--all he had to do was stop and talk to the cop about how he crossed the street.

Triple besides, the video I brought showed the raw response of by standers. If this happened on your street you'd be just as pissed,. Jay walking my ass.

For the face/head pounding, sure...but once I saw how it all went down and Mr. Cain's choices that let to the point where at least four police cars were on my street, I'd be pretty pissed at Mr. Cain for acting like a damn child and throwing his tantrum and escalating what should have been a quick interaction with a police officer for a weak little charge that may or may not have ended in just a warning.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Cops behave with impunity, officer is on leave pending review and there are no charges being filed agains said "jaywalker".

Meh, who cares about the hospital bill...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

and as i said just the cops and the city placating the community, and trying to avoiding a riot and a civil case.
which is becoming the norm more and more.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Some Cops behave with impunity, officer is on leave pending review and there are no charges being filed agains said "jaywalker".

Meh, who cares about the hospital bill...

I fixed that for you...and I already know that the officer is on leave pending review (SOP) and that no charges are being filed. That addresses nothing that I just responded to you about.

Absolutely nothing.

But I would agree with others on here that the lack of charges against Mr. Cain doesn't reflect the reality he did break some laws--it just means that the PD felt it better to not pursue charges in this particular instance.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

For the face/head pounding, sure...but once I saw how it all went down and Mr. Cain's choices that let to the point where at least four police cars were on my street, I'd be pretty pissed at Mr. Cain for acting like a damn child and throwing his tantrum and escalating what should have been a quick interaction with a police officer for a weak little charge that may or may not have ended in just a warning.

You have a quote about liberty in your signature, but also think walking away from a cop who says "stop and talk to me bud" is childish than straight to "stop or i'm going to take you down". The cop chose to escalate when the man walking paid him no mind as hes well within his rights to do.

A quick interaction with a cop, involuntarily, when nothing wrong was done is an affront to liberty.
edit on 12-4-2017 by husker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

and as i said just the cops and the city placating the community, and trying to avoiding a riot and a civil case.
which is becoming the norm more and more.

You mean like in Ferguson, where Michael Brown got shot for "robbery" and turns out new video has surfaced revealing he actually did't rob the store?

You mean that illegal cop killing and subsequent riot and no trial, not guilty announcement?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

You mean like in Ferguson, where Michael Brown got shot for "robbery" and turns out new video has surfaced revealing he actually did't rob the store?

please, that's the version sjw's and snowflakes want to believe. it has been shown that several witnesses lied and that the supposed not robbing video/ drug deal is false.

it's been posted ad nauseam. the guy that made the fakeumenrty edited the video. if it showed what he claimed why edit it.
and besides that at the time, wilson was acting on a call that the store was robbed, and going by a description that was on the radio while they were still investigating the robbery at the store just minutes after, wilson knew nothing of the of the night before video, in fact none did it wasn't until later that came out and like i said it was the night before.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
dashcam

Man walking, police follows, tells him he illegally crossed the streets, police asks man to see hands, man complies, police continues "investigation", police threatens to arrest man, man gets frustrated takes jacket off, tells police he's harassing him and he should fight him like a real man without a gun, police has roid rage over a few words, plants man down, pummels man while man non-violently complying on the ground.
man is released because there's no grounds to charge man for walking "illegally" or resisting arrest. cop gets a paid staycation.
season starts early this year i guess.
edit on 12-4-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
The LEO told Mr. Cain no less than the following before he took him to the ground:
- "Stop" or "Come here" 7 times
- 'Stop or I'll take you down' 2 times
- "Get down on the ground" 5 times

I appreciate the remainder of your post, but I want to point out something:

Unless police have probable cause, police do not have a legal right to stop you walking down the street.

That officer was threatening the man with violence, talking about taking him down.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

when some one ignores lawful orders and is warned numerous times, and still ignores them and then challenges the cop to a fight, and he is taken down with force for resisting , and you have to remember he challenged the cop to a fight so the cop had no way to know if the guy was going to stand there or start throwing punches, the cop acted reacted appropriately.

Do explain how what happened here was 'lawful orders.'

e: Oh, also, if you go for the jaywalking angle... remember that this happened in California:

CVC §275
“Crosswalk” is either:

(a) That portion of a roadway included within the prolongation or connection of the boundary lines of sidewalks at intersections where the intersecting roadways meet at approximately right angles, except the prolongation of such lines from an alley across a street.

(b) Any portion of a roadway distinctly indicated for pedestrian crossing by lines or other markings on the surface.

Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this section, there shall not be a crosswalk where local authorities have placed signs indicating no crossing.

edit on 19Wed, 12 Apr 2017 19:00:48 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Don't know about the rest of you but I feel far safer now that evil man was beaten for crossing the road, the officer is a hero for cleaning up the streets.

edit on 12-4-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

This is what happens when you call the cops...

That just became my favorite rap song. LOL

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Jay-walking isn't really a crime that involves a victim? Just a way to generate revenue for the city? Because...

Who pays the bills when a car strikes a pedestrian who is not using a cross-walk?
Does the jay-walker get cited or the driver who failed to watch for jay-walkers?

Watch, pretty soon a racket to help generate revenue for cities will be pedestrians must have pedestrian insurance in order to cross the street.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Cop: Hands up!

Brown: Don't shoot!

You spin that any way you want to.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

But I would agree with others on here that the lack of charges against Mr. Cain doesn't reflect the reality he did break some laws--it just means that the PD felt it better to not pursue charges in this particular instance.

Like I said originally, 'walking while black'.

Turns out he, 'dinna do nuffin', after all.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

This happened in Del Paso Heights neighborhood of Sacramento...not exactly the most prestigious of neighborhoods, but at least it's not south sac XD
I didn't check to see if anyone posted the longer version but the dude was walking in the middle of the road for a while with the cop asking him to come over to the sidewalk. The dude ignored the cop then stopped the car who began filming him as he took off his jacket in an aggressive stance. He was also released with no charges from what I heard...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

from one of the lefts most trusted news sources. the Washington Post.

They have also forced me to deal with two uncomfortable truths: Brown never surrendered with his hands up, and Wilson was justified in shooting Brown.

What DOJ found made me ill. Wilson knew about the theft of the cigarillos from the convenience store and had a description of the suspects. Brown fought with the officer and tried to take his gun. And the popular hands-up storyline, which isn’t corroborated by ballistic and DNA evidence and multiple witness statements, was perpetuated by Witness 101. In fact, just about everything said to the media by Witness 101, whom we all know as Dorian Johnson, the friend with Brown that day, was not supported by the evidence and other witness statements.

Struggle over the gun Page 6: Brown then grabbed the weapon and struggled with Wilson to gain control of it. Wilson fired, striking Brown in the hand. Autopsy results and bullet trajectory, skin from Brown’s palm on the outside of the SUV door as well as Brown’s DNA on the inside of the driver’s door corroborate Wilson’s account that during the struggle, Brown used his right hand to grab and attempt to control Wilson’s gun. According to three autopsies, Brown sustained a close range gunshot wound to the fleshy portion of his right hand at the base of his right thumb. Soot from the muzzle of the gun found embedded in the tissue of this wound coupled with indicia of thermal change from the heat of the muzzle indicate that Brown’s hand was within inches of the muzzle of Wilson’s gun when it was fired. The location of the recovered bullet in the side panel of the driver’s door, just above Wilson’s lap, also corroborates Wilson’s account of the struggle over the gun and when the gun was fired, as do witness accounts that Wilson fired at least one shot from inside the SUV.

Hands up Page 8: Although there are several individuals who have stated that Brown held his hands up in an unambiguous sign of surrender prior to Wilson shooting him dead, their accounts do not support a prosecution of Wilson. As detailed throughout this report, some of those accounts are inaccurate because they are inconsistent with the physical and forensic evidence; some of those accounts are materially inconsistent with that witness’s own prior statements with no explanation, credible [or] otherwise, as to why those accounts changed over time. Certain other witnesses who originally stated Brown had his hands up in surrender recanted their original accounts, admitting that they did not witness the shooting or parts of it, despite what they initially reported either to federal or local law enforcement or to the media. Prosecutors did not rely on those accounts when making a prosecutive decision. While credible witnesses gave varying accounts of exactly what Brown was doing with his hands as he moved toward Wilson – i.e., balling them, holding them out, or pulling up his pants up – and varying accounts of how he was moving – i.e., “charging,” moving in “slow motion,” or “running” – they all establish that Brown was moving toward Wilson when Wilson shot him. Although some witnesses state that Brown held his hands up at shoulder level with his palms facing outward for a brief moment, these same witnesses describe Brown then dropping his hands and “charging” at Wilson.

The DOJ report notes on page 44 that Johnson “made multiple statements to the media immediately following the incident that spawned the popular narrative that Wilson shot Brown execution-style as he held up his hands in surrender.” In one of those interviews, Johnson told MSNBC that Brown was shot in the back by Wilson. It was then that Johnson said Brown stopped, turned around with his hands up and said, “I don’t have a gun, stop shooting!” And, like that, “hands up, don’t shoot” became the mantra of a movement. But it was wrong, built on a lie.

‘Han ds up, don’t shoot’ was built on a lie

johnson and other witnesses lied. hands up don't shoot was a lie.no need to spin it, the evidence including a corners report done for the family proves it.

edit on 12-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

from one of the lefts most trusted news sources. the Washington Post.

Fake news central.... try again.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

that maybe so for the Post but not the DOJ report.

here is a link to the report, warning it opens a PDF.
Shooting of Michael Brown

if you dare go to the bottom of page 6.
about the middle of page 8.
then read all of page 44.

while your at it read the whole thing, you'll see why the DOJ says wilson was justified. remember this is a obama eric holder DOJ you know the ones who were always trying to find civil rights violations, by groups or individuals.

here i'll help you it's on the bottom of page 85

For all of the reasons stated, Wilson's conduct in shooting Brown as he advanced on Wilson, and until he fell to the ground, was not objectively unreasonable and thus not a violation of 18U.S.C 242

then read all of page 86 and see this at the bottom,

For the reasons set forth above, this matter lacks prospective merit and should be closed.

if it was good enough for obama and holder then it's good enough for me and should be for all others. hands up don't shoot was a lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join