It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jay walking now a dangerous crime?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

But I will bet he did something to warrant contact. Just because a person is too stupid to realize they are breaking the law, does not mean they aren't.

Like I said originally, 'walking while Black'.

The stupids are the law and order crowd that believe they aren't next in line for such treatment should they ever meet this type of officer on a stop and 'mouth off'.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

so do you have a source for this or are you just speculating. i don't recall reading anything that says what you claim.
cause it can clearly be heard and read that he has a job, so one would assume( yeah i know ) he has a home to go to and sleep before going to work.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

But I will bet he did something to warrant contact. Just because a person is too stupid to realize they are breaking the law, does not mean they aren't.

Like I said originally, 'walking while Black'.

The stupids are the law and order crowd that believe they aren't next in line for such treatment should they ever meet this type of officer on a stop and 'mouth off'.

I guess you did not watch the videos. Mouthing off means nothing and is not arrestable unless it is a threat. It was his failure listen to what the Officer was telling him. All the cop said was can you please come talk to me. What if the guy dropped something in the street and the cop was just bringing it back? The cop would have been treated like sh*t even IF that were the case. It is about the attitude and mentality that these people have. They just "assume" too much, and it gets them in deep by their own doing.

To be mad at the Police just because they say "hey buddy come here a sec" means you have a serious chip on your shoulder and hate the Police. And to bring up "Oh well what about the other 10 times" means you were proven wrong by the video, so are digging for anything to justify his uncivilized behavior.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

Another case of when "keeping it real" goes wrong.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: BestinShow

ETA, yep I was right.. He took off his coat, he planned on not listening to the officer. Should the officer wait until actually attacked? No. The guy said all that needs to be said when he removed his jacket. I wish there were more to the video though, showing what led up to that.

Pretty goddamn subjective there...

For all you know, the officer asked him if he had anything on him or in his jacket, so the guy took it off to show he did not.

Point is, we don't know the whole story, but I'm sure that won't stop group think.

Tell me this.. Why was the girl in the car even asking this man to cooperate? Maybe because he wasn't? She wouldn't have said that to the man if he was cooperating.

looks like he removed his jacket after the leo asked him if he had anything in his pockets...per the department reports after the man was released with no charges.

"conjecture and assumption"

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

Looks like something out of 'Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle'. "The universe tends to unfold as it should."

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Bedlam

how do you that if the cop would have waited that the guy would have complied, he had already ignored the cop and challenged him to a fight. what in doing that would give the cop the indication that he was going to back down and allow the cop to arrest him or ticket him.

to the contrary, he expressed the desire to confront the cop with a fight, and continued to ignore a lawful order.

Except theres no video of all the other times they jacked him up for no reason, Straw that broke the camels back.

Read my other post ^^^.

SLapmonkey posted the 2 videos we have all been waiting for. The "other" side of the story. 2nd page of this thread I believe. The guy was acting like a DB the whole time, ignoring at least 17 commands, etc.

ETA. The guy was almost hit by a car while "jay walking" which is why the cop wanted to talk to him in the first place. Simple harmless talk and the guy brought all this down on himself. Even the earing thing in the cop car, at the same time the cop answers "ill go look for it", before the cop can even finish saying that, he runs his mouth. His ATTITUDE and lack of respect for the law is what landed him in this situation.

There is no such thing as simple and harmless talk with the police. They have one job and that's to make an arrest or get a fine. If you talk you risk incriminating yourself.

What makes "the law" worthy of our respect? In all of my encounters with "the law" they try to scold me like a child. Cops act like DBs constantly. They drive like DBs constantly. All with impunity, and while treating people like they have some standing above them.

Police love to wave their "Protect and Serve" flag around but constantly do neither. They manufacture criminals and fine people carrying out their day to day business. If you assert your rights they will and do escalate the situation.

Those that don't give respect, deserve no respect. All are just as bad as their worst because they will back their own man or women regardless of behavior. Officer in question is probably enjoying a nice paid vacation now, the department may come out and say it was troubling but nothing will be done.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: husker13

how do you that if the cop would have waited that the guy would have complied, he had already ignored the cop and challenged him to a fight. what in doing that would give the cop the indication that he was going to back down and allow the cop to arrest him or ticket him.

to the contrary, he expressed the desire to confront the cop with a fight, and continued to ignore a lawful order.

Except theres no video of all the other times they jacked him up for no reason, Straw that broke the camels back.

Read my other post ^^^.

SLapmonkey posted the 2 videos we have all been waiting for. The "other" side of the story. 2nd page of this thread I believe. The guy was acting like a DB the whole time, ignoring at least 17 commands, etc.

ETA. The guy was almost hit by a car while "jay walking" which is why the cop wanted to talk to him in the first place. Simple harmless talk and the guy brought all this down on himself. Even the earing thing in the cop car, at the same time the cop answers "ill go look for it", before the cop can even finish saying that, he runs his mouth. His ATTITUDE and lack of respect for the law is what landed him in this situation.

There is no such thing as simple and harmless talk with the police. They have one job and that's to make an arrest or get a fine. If you talk you risk incriminating yourself.

What makes "the law" worthy of our respect? In all of my encounters with "the law" they try to scold me like a child. Cops act like DBs constantly. They drive like DBs constantly. All with impunity, and while treating people like they have some standing above them.

Police love to wave their "Protect and Serve" flag around but constantly do neither. They manufacture criminals and fine people carrying out their day to day business. If you assert your rights they will and do escalate the situation.

Those that don't give respect, deserve no respect. All are just as bad as their worst because they will back their own man or women regardless of behavior. Officer in question is probably enjoying a nice paid vacation now, the department may come out and say it was troubling but nothing will be done.

I have interacted with the law numerous times in my life, i'd say close to 10.. I have gotten 1 ticket total. It is not just about being nice and showing respect, that is only half of it.. The second half is playing dumb or lying. If some # wants to insult my intelligence and lie to my face, your damn right I am going to ticket his ass. Be respectful, be honest, and they will let you go more than you think.

Now obviously, if your involved in a serious crime, then it would be best NOT to talk, but over a ticket? Many of these deadly shootings start off as a simple traffic or civil infraction. Many people are not realizing how simple these stops are supposed to go. Who the hell defends a punk like this suspect?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: husker13

Read my post above yours. They are just bully boys who never got over high school. Was stopped twice in two days (on a bicycle) in Tustin, CA (I lived there at the time). Law-abiding natural-born citizen of the USA just going home from work. Instigating LEO had FIVE officers as backup. I was in no way combative. I was absolutely unarmed. I am about 5'9" 145 lbs. (about ten stone), and NO unarmed defensive training whatsoever. Took a friend's advice. Got the LEO's badge number and watch commander's name, went straight home, and called the watch commander and related my experiences. Told the watch commander that, given my clean record, if I was stopped in Tustin again within a year, I would file harassment charges against the officer and the PD. Thereafter, whenever a patrol unit would see me, they would immediately take off away from me at high speed.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WAstateMosin
a reply to: husker13

Read my post above yours. They are just bully boys who never got over high school. Was stopped twice in two days (on a bicycle) in Tustin, CA (I lived there at the time). Law-abiding natural-born citizen of the USA just going home from work. Instigating LEO had FIVE officers as backup. I was in no way combative. I was absolutely unarmed. I am about 5'9" 145 lbs. (about ten stone), and NO unarmed defensive training whatsoever. Took a friend's advice. Got the LEO's badge number and watch commander's name, went straight home, and called the watch commander and related my experiences. Told the watch commander that, given my clean record, if I was stopped in Tustin again within a year, I would file harassment charges against the officer and the PD. Thereafter, whenever a patrol unit would see me, they would immediately take off away from me at high speed.

What was their reason or explanation for stopping you?
edit on 12-4-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Always been honest and respectful with LEO's. When their only way to relate to the public they encounter is as an LEO, then, they have abandoned all it is to be human, and deserve THE EXACT LACK OF RESPECT THEY SHOW!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Always been honest and respectful with LEO's. When their only way to relate to the public they encounter is as an LEO, then, they have abandoned all it is to be human, and deserve THE EXACT LACK OF RESPECT THEY SHOW!!!

The cop in this video showed respect. He even said "please".

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I was just there within eyesight. DUH!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I was just there within eyesight. DUH!

So you didn't bother to ask them why they wanted to talk to you? They had no explanation whatsoever?

link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: BestinShow

ETA, yep I was right.. He took off his coat, he planned on not listening to the officer. Should the officer wait until actually attacked? No. The guy said all that needs to be said when he removed his jacket. I wish there were more to the video though, showing what led up to that.

Pretty goddamn subjective there...

For all you know, the officer asked him if he had anything on him or in his jacket, so the guy took it off to show he did not.

Point is, we don't know the whole story, but I'm sure that won't stop group think.

Tell me this.. Why was the girl in the car even asking this man to cooperate? Maybe because he wasn't? She wouldn't have said that to the man if he was cooperating.

looks like he removed his jacket after the leo asked him if he had anything in his pockets...per the department reports after the man was released with no charges.

check what the PD had to say before mouthing off.

what crime was the man charged with exactly?
check the PD report...

attitude isnt a crime, or removing a jacket when a LEO assumed you had 'something' in it.

so the PD is not defending the LEO's actions but ATS is... shocking.
edit on 12-4-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

link   

Yeah, 'Please don't dis me or I will beat your azz!' If a civilian did that, it would be a terrorist threat!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I did ask, no explanation was given. Probably because I couldn't play the race card (I was the 'safe' bet!).

Too much pro-LEO biased BS here without any critical thinking going on. All robo's: "It's the training." "Cops face death every day and don't deserve to be second-guessed!" Yeah, until they FUBAR the primary mission by just beating down someone for not wanting to talk to LEO's who haven't been anything but robo's since they were rookies. If cops made civvie friends, they would get a LOT more respect. When they isolate themselves (even in their 'off' time), they are just another gang playing by their own rules which we lowly taxpayers who fund their GD salaries are NEVER allowed to question!

edit on 4/12/2017 by WAstateMosin because: tired of apologist BS!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The way I see it is the "jaywalker" did nothing wrong at all. He just crossed the street minding his own business. Nothing dangerous about crossing the way he did neither, looks like he timed it right, like he's probably done a thousand times.

Everything after that is all that officer's doing. He created the whole thing.
If said officer would not have felt the urge to assert power over another human, nothing bad would have happened at all and everyone would be on their merry way.

It's been touched on previously in this thread. What good would it have done to give this man any kind of "warning"? Does anyone honestly feel that his behaviour towards crossing that street would change in any way, shape or form, other then being more vigilant for a cop car? And if he would've gotten a fine, would he take that as a lesson in regards to crossing that street, or would it anger him even more?

I'm a grown man, I've travelled parts of Asia, I know how to cross a street and avoid being hit by a car. I've been doing it my whole life. I feel I'm an expert at it and I think most adults are pretty much experts at it too. I would even dare say a lot of adolescents are experts at it as well. I would find it very offending that a police-officer thinks he can fine me into knowing how to do it even better.

On a human level this man showed poor form, absolutely, but he did no wrong other then to hurt someone with a badge's feelings.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: husker13

Read my other post ^^^.

I have interacted with the law numerous times in my life, i'd say close to 10.. I have gotten 1 ticket total. It is not just about being nice and showing respect, that is only half of it.. The second half is playing dumb or lying. If some # wants to insult my intelligence and lie to my face, your damn right I am going to ticket his ass. Be respectful, be honest, and they will let you go more than you think.

Now obviously, if your involved in a serious crime, then it would be best NOT to talk, but over a ticket? Many of these deadly shootings start off as a simple traffic or civil infraction. Many people are not realizing how simple these stops are supposed to go. Who the hell defends a punk like this suspect?

I'm happy that you get to keep your hard earned cash in most instances dealing with traffic stops. You may be a lot smarter and submissive than me in the face of "authority". I won't complain about the tickets I get because typically it's cut and dry I did something wrong, but I refuse to give them the satisfaction of submitting myself to them.

That being said it's easy to slip up with a cop on your bumper following you around for no reason, intimidating you.

I will defend him, as the encounter should of never happened. The guy walked across the street. The white car which is the one you say he almost caused an accident didn't even slow down as he was already pass that side of the road. The man didn't have to run to cross the intersection. He walked a the same pace all the way across. Cop than asked him to "talk" I don't know about you, but if I don't want to I have a right to to continue on unless they legally detain me. Claiming jaywalking then going right into stop or I will take your down is an escalation by the cop. They were the punks in this situation.

It's also a thing that constantly happens. Cops fishing for information with people who are on foot. They want to identify you and they have no right to that information unless you are suspected of committing a crime. Even if you are well within your rights to refuse they will escalate and take it forcibly. Create conflict than hide behind the badge and claim they were scared or you were a threat to their safety.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Up until about 1:40 in the video. And at that point the cop lost his cool and decided a nice beating on camera was in order, for the non-resisting person on the ground.

And that's where he screwed the pooch.

While I agree with you that he was way over-aggressive in his strikes to Mr. Cain's head/face, if you're actually paying attention, Cain was resisting the arrest once taken down. But still, it didn't necessitate the strikes to the face...at least with my 20/20-hindsight glasses on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join