It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jay walking now a dangerous crime?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
this occurred in sacramento a couple of days ago. an african american man with no criminal record, was walking home from work. the street was empty of cars except a cop car off to the side. the cop gets out and after a couple of words, body slams the man and hits him in the face with his fist several times. even the department found the cops behavior disturbing and troubling. and yes, the cop was white.
racist or not?

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 12-4-2017 by blackthorne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

Another 'angle'

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne
this occurred in sacramento a couple of days ago. an african american man with no criminal record, was walking home from work. the street was empty of cars except a cop car off to the side. the cop gets out and after a couple of words, body slams the man and hits him in the face with his fist several times. even the department found the cops behavior disturbing and troubling. and yes, the cop was white.
racist or not?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is no way to tell because there is no video, but I would say no if history has anything to say. My guess (history again) say's it went down like this.

Cop: Sir, your jaywalking, come here a sec.

Guy: AWWWW MAN FFFFFFFFFF YOU! I AIN'T DID SHT!!!!!!!!! (behaving aggressively)

And the rest is history.
edit on 12-4-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

ETA: now I see a video, sec

ETA, yep I was right.. He took off his coat, he planned on not listening to the officer. Should the officer wait until actually attacked? No. The guy said all that needs to be said when he removed his jacket. I wish there were more to the video though, showing what led up to that. Either way, you challenge a cop to a fight, expect this to happen.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Are you asking members to speculate?

Who can TRULY know what his motivation was, and yet you immediately go to racism?

Bad form my friend.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

if that is the way i came across while writing, i do apologize. i am honestly asking what do the members here think?

have a great day!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker
sorry about that. had to edit. copied the wrong page and accidentally posted wrong page.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

ETA, yep I was right.. He took off his coat, he planned on not listening to the officer. Should the officer wait until actually attacked? No. The guy said all that needs to be said when he removed his jacket. I wish there were more to the video though, showing what led up to that.

Pretty goddamn subjective there...

For all you know, the officer asked him if he had anything on him or in his jacket, so the guy took it off to show he did not.

Point is, we don't know the whole story, but I'm sure that won't stop group think.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

taking off a coat is a threatening gesture now? what if the man was just warm? sacramento does get really warm. it really does seem that to day that any gesture a citizen makes these days can be construed as threatening. even the department thinks their cop's behavior was troubling.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

racist or not?

There is no way to tell because there is no video, but I would say no if history has anything to say. My guess (history again) say's it went down like this.

And the rest is history.

ETA, yep I was right.. He took off his coat, he planned on not listening to the officer. Should the officer wait until actually attacked? No. The guy said all that needs to be said when he removed his jacket. I wish there were more to the video though, showing what led up to that. Either way, you challenge a cop to a fight, expect this to happen.

you sound like you'd make a great leo.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

ETA, yep I was right.. He took off his coat, he planned on not listening to the officer. Should the officer wait until actually attacked? No. The guy said all that needs to be said when he removed his jacket. I wish there were more to the video though, showing what led up to that.

For all you know, the officer asked him if he had anything on him or in his jacket, so the guy took it off to show he did not.

Point is, we don't know the whole story, but I'm sure that won't stop group think.

When the whole story comes out, it goes down that way 99% of the time. Isn't it coincidental that the cop makes his "move" once the jacket comes off? Why can't people just cooperate? You have no idea the crap these Officers go through when they enter the "hood".

Again I am playing the odds. Is it possible this cop is a horrible douche bag who did this for NO reason? Sure. Is it possible that lightning will strike me today, sure. Likely?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Guy: AWWWW MAN FFFFFFFFFF YOU! I AIN'T DID SHT!!!!!!!!! (behaving aggressively): the Supreme Court says this is legal

And the rest is history. : and this is not

Should the officer wait until actually attacked? No. : Precrime control. Yep. It SHOULD be lawful for every cop to just beat the crap out of anyone he thinks might be even considering "attacking".

CSB:

I have several relatives who are/were well thought of highway patrol officers who worked up the ranks to regional supervisors. One of them had a tale he loved to tell that was similar to this. All of them were corrupt as hell, but all in different ways. Some were on the take, some were "paladins" that would fake evidence to get a conviction on someone they thought was "a bad guy" and so on. This story involved a sort of dicey traffic stop, done for no reason other than to harass the out-of-town driver. The driver said something "sassy" so Uncle Jack punched the guy in the face, knocking him out. He then walked around to the passenger, and punched HIM in the face, breaking his nose and knocking out a couple of teeth. The passenger said "why did you hit ME?", to which Uncle Jack replied "Because you were THINKING of saying something smart". And all his LEO friends laughed their asses off.

This is the same sort of deal. The cop should be prosecuted. What the cop "thinks" is a piss poor excuse for deciding to jump way up the force escalation rainbow. I can "think" anything, based on nothing at all. "think" is not an acceptable reason for "abuse".

SPD's press release:

After review of the officer’s In Car Camera System, (ICC) the supervisor initiated a personnel investigation into the officer’s actions.

The videos of this incident portray actions and behavior that we would consider unacceptable conduct by a Sacramento Police Officer. As a result, the Department’s Internal Affairs Division is investigating the event. This evening, the involved officer has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the internal investigation.

edit on 12-4-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

racist or not?

And the rest is history.

I think I would too.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

"No Sir, Mr. Officer. Crossing the street never crossed my mind, I intended to walk a mile down this road and up again, 'cause there aint no goddamn lights. What am I supposed to do?"

A full blown police state is actually good for your health. Why can't you see the positive side of this, you really think cops should fight crime instead? Think again!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Tell me this.. Why was the girl in the car even asking this man to cooperate? Maybe because he wasn't? She wouldn't have said that to the man if he was cooperating.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

racist or not?

And the rest is history.

I think I would too.

yea you would. will all the conjecture and assumptions you made even before seeing the video, you definitely would...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

LOL! well said!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Tell me this.. Why was the girl in the car even asking this man to cooperate? Maybe because he wasn't? She wouldn't have said that to the man if he was cooperating.

looks like he removed his jacket after the leo asked him if he had anything in his pockets...per the department reports after the man was released with no charges.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

racist or not?

And the rest is history.

I think I would too.

yea you would. will all the conjecture and assumptions you made even before seeing the video, you definitely would...

Because this is how it always goes down. And I was right. You got a man not listening, then a girl in the car freaking out telling the guy to LISTEN and he wont, as he takes his coat off.

link   
nephew just listen.. wait so he could've gotten a ride in a car instead of jaywalking or was he jaywalking to the car? either way.. it's a dumb crime when with no traffic and yes.. that is ugh.. the word.. racist.

link   

looks like the man bowed up and the cop showed him he wasn't quite the big badass he thought he was. and that's before i even went to the OP source and read the article i watched the video intrptr posted. which you can see the guy pull his jacket off and posture, everybody that's ever been in fights or saw one knows what that is or at least should.

plus there is no audio of the cop and cain, so we don't know what the guy said to the cop before hand.

i'll never understand why people don't feel it's in their best interest to just do what the cops tell you. chances are if he would have just went over to the cop and talked to him he would have just told him not to do it again, or written him a ticket.

but no got mouth off and start sh@@ and then claim racism or police brutality.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join