It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who remembers the capital of Australia as Sydney, not Canberra

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
a reply to: freedom7

So like, how many Australians used to think Sydney was the capital of their country?

None

Well people living in Sydney think they are the only city in Australia. And people in Perth wish they could be their own country, but i digress

edit on 12/4/17 by ozzieman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I didn't notice this one about the capital of Australia until just recently though.

May I ask if you're from the United States? It seems that issues outside the USA don't register on many American's radar.
Canberra has always been the capital of Australia

This.

As an Aussie who has lived here all my life I can assure you our capital has ALWAYS been Canberra (since the start of the last century at least).

This reminds me of that other thread a while back (also by an American) that swore blind that Australia is in a different position on the map than it used to be. Both threads are ridiculous.

edit on 12/4/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ozzieman

Give us our fair GST share!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

lol

Yes admittedly you guys have carried the country during the mining boom. I'm in queensland so will be seeing the end of coal mining I there say in the 30 years, so will be asking for more GST funding

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If I understand what the Mandela theory is supposed to be about, it does not apply to EVERYONE. If the change affected everyone then nobody would ever know there was a change. But if the CERN experiments caused inter dimensional anomalies affecting certain segments of the population then it would explain large groups of people to remember different alternate timelines.

I'm more interested in the larger mandela changes. Not incredibly small things like one letter being misspelled or a microscopic curve not being noticed in a logo. The capital of a country is a pretty large change.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So, if I understand this correctly, either some people are rubbish at geography or some sort of time shift has affected some people.

It seems to me that some people who are rubbish at geography are also rubbish at science if they think CERN is to blame. Probably rubbish with common sense, too.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Nothing at all to do with Cern, there may be some wierdo's there performing sick occult but if so they need to be kicked out of the scientific community pronto, that said I am certain most there are genuine scientist's and student intern's.

As for reality shift's, time shift's and dimensional transfers were we suddenly find our self in a world we don't know, it does happen, I have postulated one explanation but there are many not a single causal effect and they do include neurological as well as real reality shift's which I personally remain convinced are real.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.strangerdimensions.com...
www.historydisclosure.com...

Where this last story is concerned this woman is far from the only person this has happened too, how many time's have the police been called when someone truly convinced they lived somewhere tried to gain entry to what was actually someone else home, how many time's have you been convinced you put it in your right pocket only to find you put it in your left and how many time's have you lost your key's then had to search for them but found them somewhere strange.
Most of these can of course be explained through normal psychology but perhaps some of them are actually reality shift's, these reality shift's themselves may take the form of reality itself actually changing but they can also take the form of a part of our consciousness which remember is not a physical object but perhaps more akin to data and energy transiting randomly or maybe even with some plan or as part of a process we can not fathom between parallel reality's.

So all explanation's remain valid and for any given situation one or more may be accurate.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Those links were very interesting and thought provoking and I have an open mind about such things.

I just find most ME posts where people reckon because they don't know their capital cities, etc, that timelines must have been altered a bit of a distraction to genuine high weirdness and the unexplained.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Are there any native Aussies who think or thought Sydney is their capital? I would consider that proof of Mandela.

I could have sworn Sydney was the capital of Australia, and I think I remember learning as much when I was in elementary school, but that was a long long time ago. My memory could be faulty. Nor should we trust foreigners to be experts on the subject either.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't think that would be "proof" of ME. More like proof that said Aussie was a bit dim.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
So as many of you can tell, Mandela effect is a topic I follow closely and have for some time. I didn't notice this one about the capital of Australia until just recently though. And wanted to do a quick test and tally up some votes to see who remembers what.

Who remembers the capital of Australia as

A. Sydney
B. Canberra

or C. Other

I read on Wikipedia just now that apparently Canberra became the capital of Australia in 1938. This is mind boggling for me, because I've always remembered it as Sydney.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Always remember it as Canberra - or rather "A city that is not Sydney that I not always remember the name of".

Now... if someone can explain the whole Moonraker thing to me, because THAT is the one Mandela thing that I am 100% certain was different in the past.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

That's hilarious!!!!!

Billy Connolly made a joke about Aussies not knowing their capital like 20 years ago.

This is an example of the lack of national pride and culture in Australia not spooky magic.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
Are there any native Aussies who think or thought Sydney is their capital? I would consider that proof of Mandela.

Really? That's all you need?

I thought it was Brisbane for years until Billy Connolly pointed it out to me if that helps?

I still subscribe to the Mandolia Effect myself.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
If I understand what the Mandela theory is supposed to be about, it does not apply to EVERYONE. .

Exactly. It only applies to a very small handful of people, mostly Americans, who frequent conspiracy websites, who discover that some - usually quite trivial - thing they always assumed to be the case was not. And that they were wrong. And cant understand this.

I always assumed A was B, and now I find out it was C !!!!!! I cant accept, refuse to accept, I was wrong. Therefore there must be some supernatural explanation .....

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Meanwhile, can anyone who believes in this childish sillyness tell me who was the first post-Apartheid president of South Africa if it wasnt Mandela

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

If that's not a trick question: some balding, fat Afrikaaner possibly named Botha or somebody of that ilk. Whoever was pre-apartheid-end president anyway.

I dunno - bloody Mandela effect. Now I'm supposed to remember two realities? One was difficult enough...

edit on 12-4-2017 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Actually I have a vague recollection it was Van Diesel.

Now, if I subsequently read that Van Diesel was not the first post Apartheid president of South Africa, and was instead, for example (off the top of my head, just speculating) a Hollywood actor, best known for, say, Pitch Black and the Fast & the Furious films, then that proves I must come from a different timeline from the rest of you guys. Right?

But of course, we all know Van Diesel was a South African president and never, ever, appeared in any film at all. And he is best remembered for that iconic moment when he presented David Beckham with the Football World Cup after England won it in 2010

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I have had to do business there. It's been Canberra for the 25 years I have had reason to care.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KEACHI

I refer to it as snowflake syndrome.
Someone ignorant to the truth, who is also so self righteous that they feel there is no way they could have been mistaken/wrong for so long, desides to claim a non existent "force" has changed reality.
You're dillusional at best.

I have my drawings of america, from when I was a kid, drawn with a map as reference. That was one of the biggest WTF changes I saw, I was like I've drawn the earth so many times while looking at maps, yet it is now completely different? And many others remember it the way I drew it?

The thing is several mandela effects have what are called residuals, physical objects, recordings, pictures, videos, etc that have the mistaken, or misremembered item, exactly as misremembered.

Assuming there was any change, any real change, it would be crazy to assume just names on books or phrases in movies would change. If the past could change, even people could come into existence to corroborate the changes.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Well this is new to me, I still thought it was Sydney, I've never even heard
of Canberra or whatever the hell it's called.

Rebel 5

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join