It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Passes 'Blasphemy' Bill To Silence Critics Of Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Would it stop me calling out "Sharia Patrols" as what occurred in my local are in London a few years ago????.....

I do not like being dictated to by a religion I do not believe in, who patrons feel they have a right to tell me or my wife how to behave and dress as to not offend a "Theory" that has about as much proof as the moon being made of cheese..

When you can no longer question you have to ask WHY, what is being hidden?????...

And yes I am aware that Sharia Patrols where London based but do not think for one minute that similar things are not happening in Europe and will no doubt happen across the pond when it becomes socially unacceptable to speak out..

Head into Molenbeek Brussels and start asking questions to see how tolerated you are..

RA

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: infolurker

There is nothing wrong with holding an opinion.

But discrimination against and harassment of people, targeting them for abuse based on their race, colour, or religion, their sexual persuasions... these things are the habits of fascists, and must be counteracted somehow, so I ask you again, would you rather a law was passed to make harassment and discrimination on that basis illegal, or would you rather that all the fascists were rounded up and shot, thereby ending the problem entirely?

Its a relatively simple question.

Laws already exist.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Canada is talking the first step towards Sharia law.

So progressive of them!

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Isn't harassment based on discrimination already illegal?

Good. Then why the hell does Islam need the special protection outside of there being some perverse underlying agenda at play with these liberals and their entirely bizarre love obsession with Islam (or rather, the oppression of woman, children, gays, etc)??

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Why are you saying it is unnacceptable to speak out? Who said you could not speak out?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: TrueBrit

Isn't harassment based on discrimination already illegal?

Good. Then why the hell does Islam need the special protection outside of there being some perverse underlying agenda at play with these liberals and their entirely bizarre love obsession with Islam (or rather, the oppression of woman, children, gays, etc)??
because Islam is currently the most marginalized and hated religion due to those savages in ISIS spreading fear on a global scale. Just like special measures were taken to protect jews, protestants and catholics,pagans amd atheists at other times in history.
edit on 25-3-2017 by Milehigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh

Great thimg for Canada. Protecting the marginalized is what a society should do.

Hopefully the dems can pass something similar in 2020

Free speech should be limited when people promote any sort of hate or violence against anyone, may it be against muslims or any other religion.

Free speech police should be formed to monitor all the people promotting fear and violence and be sent to jail to replace the ones that are there for non violent crimes.

The founding fathers would had deported you for sedition you know right? Limiting free speech is bad. its what the germans did as well. they limited speech by jews.

Giving them special protections is a bad move and opens up the problem of false witness toward non muslims able to claim that they were blasphemed against for anything and no defense for the person accussed of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

There is nothing wrong with holding an opinion.

But discrimination against and harassment of people, targeting them for abuse based on their race, colour, or religion, their sexual persuasions... these things are the habits of fascists, and must be counteracted somehow, so I ask you again, would you rather a law was passed to make harassment and discrimination on that basis illegal, or would you rather that all the fascists were rounded up and shot, thereby ending the problem entirely?

Its a relatively simple question.

Neither,

The choices there are not either or.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Critics of Islam have already been brought to court in Canada by Human Rights Tribunals, using the nonsensical term "islamophobia" to smear magazines and writers in a free society (Human rights complaints against Macleans magazine. Of course they lost, but their insistence in combination with this motion will make winning such cases much more difficult, thereby suppressing even the desire to speak out publicly against this particular religion.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Milehigh

Islam is not just a religon though,and as such does not deserve special status.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Hahahha that exemple. You litteraly made me spill my drink trying to use the germans limitting jews free speech, nvm the nazis who publically called for their extermination amd killed 7 millions of them hahahja wow just wow

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Described this "marginalized".

I dont care who or what people worship, just so long as the wholesale oppression of people isn't part of their deal.

That IS Sharia Law, and it must be resisted.

Part of Sharia bent oppression is censorship. And this 'whatever' it is they are doing here is in that suit.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Censorship is a property of totalitarianism. It's interesting to note that Germany had progressive hate speech laws prior to Hitler's rise to power, and the Nazis and their publications were forbidden. Hate speech legislation simply does not work, especially in the one instance where it was justified. This only gave them a platform of persecution, leading to their rising to power.
edit on 25-3-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

except the jews weren't suicide bombers or sent their children out to blow stuff up,

Are you comparing the Palestinian (excuse me, 'Gazan') army with the IDF?

Or just in denial how young our soldiers are that we send round the world to 'blow things up'.

edit on 25-3-2017 by intrptr because: content in ()

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you are not familiar with the word google it. Then go and look at the french "Cités" where muslims communities have been gethoized for 2 generations, breeding thugs and easy to convert to the ISIS agenda of terror, teens that are frustrated against the entire world.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

They mass migrate from poor Middle Eastern areas into concentrated areas in Europe, where there are too many of them thus creating the inner city problems we see here in the US by other means, and since there's no money in their Sharia utopia's they're trying to create in the EU now its everyone elses fault thus rationalizing joining the ISIS mindset and running people down with cars, chopping people up with axes, gang raping teens, and so on. Got it. We had better not offend them or else they might do machete murderer on the subway train.

Logic like that needs to be criticized. "Reluigion" like that needs to be criticized. Etc.

You liberals would have them know no shame by which to introspect and eventually GROW UP into the 21st Century.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Well if that is a satire account, and you're acting like a liberal, damn you're good!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Arnie123

except the jews weren't suicide bombers or sent their children out to blow stuff up,

Are you comparing the Palestinian (excuse me, 'Gazan') army with the IDF?

Or just in denial how young our soldiers are that we send round the world to 'blow things up'.

Not in denial, I was one of OUR YOUNG SOLDIERS that went out and "blow things up", lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Its not even a law lol, but dont let stop you guys from posting lies.

Oh and by the way, the jewish orthodox have there own court just like sharia law, im guessing thats ok because there not muslim.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join