It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Passes 'Blasphemy' Bill To Silence Critics Of Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

It criminalizes thought, it criminalizes the spoken word.

Not actions.

It just criminalizes words.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

except the jews weren't suicide bombers or sent their children out to blow stuff up, great comparison oh enlightened one, lol

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm gonna have to change how I swear, and watch myself in public places....😕

+12 more 
link   
Critics of Islam? Who would want to criticize suicide bombers and murderers? These Canadian liberals think they can coddle radicals by making these neighborly gestures of goodwill, but what actually happens is those who want to wage holy war against non believers only see it as further weakness, and weakness must be punished and excised. Obama learned this the hard way when he gave Iran large amounts of bully coddling payments and gifts to Iran, only to hear the gift receiver condemn America with a new call to destroy us. Islam is nothing more than a cult organization of killers who enjoy the evil lives they are living, and will use it as a means of gaining wealth, and receiving this wealth for their cause will only make them believe further they are doing the will of Allah, because they really are that deluded and stupid.

There are also millions of Muslims who are not interested in following this level of perverted Islam, who just want to make a living and feed their families in our western nations, as well as over in the east, but they are targeted there by these same radicals who are killing them right this minute. If no one criticizes these radical murderers, or distinguishes them apart from peaceful Muslims with the truth, then laws coming into play like this thing in Canada will only insure that terror will continue to grow, and to hurt the innocent.
edit on 25-3-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Ridiculous comment. Less than 1% of muslims do that #.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh
a reply to: Arnie123

Ridiculous comment. Less than 1% of muslims do that #.

But that 1 percent, if that is even correct, is what the entire world is fighting and living with right now, or didn't you know that?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Where still doing fine up north, we have passed the 1 year date of accepting syrians to canada on mostly private donations, our politicians still suck, our maple
Syrup is still good, oh and yea we try not to discriminate because the boob tub told us to.

The Muslims and Sikhs are getting more disturbed at each other up North...

Temples and mosques side by side great idea...

This melting pot here in Vancouver is starting to boil despite all best efforts...

Oh really, i live 2 hours morth of vancouver and go there every week, not sure where your seeing all this.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Free speech should be limited when people promote any sort of hate or violence against anyone, may it be against muslims or any other religion.

By that logic then it's Islam that needs to be silenced.

Free speech police should be formed to monitor all the people promotting fear and violence and be sent to jail to replace the ones that are there for non violent crimes.

You're so quick to lock people up you should be thrown in jail right now for promoting that kind of mass scale systemic oppression on people marginalized in contrast to the mighty government.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Milehigh

Yeah sure, whatever you believe in...and no, all of them do it. This isn't about liberals of conservatives. Its about the level of cowardice, in other words, the liberal muslims are just too chicken s# to do anything, while their extremist don't care. Stop deluding yourself, now THAT is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Islam does not need to be silenced. The ones who preach hate and violence do. Just like fanatic christians who say doctors practicing abortions should be killed.

You need to come out of your illusion world and realize that a religion can not be judged on the actions of its fanatics.
edit on 25-3-2017 by Milehigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

a reply to: infolurker

Great thimg for Canada. Protecting the marginalized is what a society should do.

Hopefully the dems can pass something similar in 2020

Free speech should be limited when people promote any sort of hate or violence against anyone, may it be against muslims or any other religion.

Free speech police should be formed to monitor all the people promotting fear and violence and be sent to jail to replace the ones that are there for non violent crimes.
But.....but

But....but what about the God given logic of where that avenue would end, I'm worried political correctness is a product of the unencumbered by the thought process

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Great thimg for Canada. Protecting the marginalized is what a society should do.

Hopefully the dems can pass something similar in 2020

Free speech police should be formed to monitor all the people promoting fear and violence and be sent to jail to replace the ones that are there for non violent crimes.

Alright. I need to understand your logic.

You want it to be illegal to draw a cartoon of the prophet Mohammad but I bet you have no problem with the "art" of pissing on a crucifix?

How about this, should it be a crime to burn a Koran? If so, how about a Bible? Can we make fun of Scientology or Jehovah's witnesses anymore or are they not "special enough"?

How about statistics? Can we talk about those or are we forbidden?

So, it should be illegal to you to speak about things you don't like?

What I cannot stand about Progressives is this obsession with shutting down opposing views and speech. Why debate if you can just make it illegal with the threat of force if you disagree with it or just don't want to hear it.
edit on 25-3-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
nevermind..
edit on 25-3-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Islam does not need to be silenced. The ones who preach hate and violence do. Just like fanatic christians who say doctors practicing abortions should be killed.

You need to come out of your illusion world and realize that a religion can not be judged on the actions of its fanatics.
It's not a religion....it's a cult sprung from a lie.

Read the short simple rookyish literary work, actually read it

You may see how amateurish the short little work is, and it has the official stance that the writings of Moses and the sayings of Jesus are not to be superceeded by anything in the Quran.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If I were a Canadien, I would walk the streets at this point saying, "Islam is the devil, Bobby Boucher!"

Enjoy your healthcare Canada. It comes at the expense of your God-given brains.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

um, that is all of islam.

As for abortions, we can have a discussion on that, but Americans pretty much know whats up with that. If I argue with you on abortion, I'll simply call you out and leave. If this was islam, I'm sure you'll be wanted to behead me.

No sweetheart, you need to come down to earth and stop living in fantasy land.

"religion can not be judged on the actions of its fanatics" - disillusioned poster.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Freedom!

(post by Milehigh removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Sharia Law isn't a religion, it's a rabidly oppressive brutally hegemonic Hyper-Tribalist theocratic political doctrine, where by your own logic to espouse it is tantamount to being a jail-able offense.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join