It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Passes 'Blasphemy' Bill To Silence Critics Of Islam

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It always begins this way. First a group or segment is blamed for a society ills. Thus marginalized, they are then segregated, then condemned, then put in ovens.

You mean like what the Islamists do with gays and other undesirables?

They can throw them off rooftops, stone them in the square, chop their heads off with machetes... just so long as they dont cremate them in ovens.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
a reply to: intrptr

When did the Jewish people in Nazi Germany perform terrorism, rape kids, put women's rights back 50 years etc?

They were selected by Nazi's as scapegoats, not because they actually did any ill will.

Please correct me of I'm wrong

They were profiteers, manipulators and stingy, just like they are today. Hitler selected them because he was capitalizing on the anti semitic wave of hate at the time and like you said, needed a scapegoat to 'get the ball rolling'. That was the comparison I was making about todays anti muslim rhetoric. Do you think the endless war now is about Islam or Oil? Jews then were rich too and he needed their wealth to finance his own world domination schemes.

Hitler was worse, Israel seems to have forgotten the difference nowadays...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks, I know what I'm witnessing. How many mosques got burned this week?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh
a reply to: infolurker

Great thimg for Canada. Protecting the marginalized is what a society should do.

Hopefully the dems can pass something similar in 2020

Free speech should be limited when people promote any sort of hate or violence against anyone, may it be against muslims or any other religion.

Free speech police should be formed to monitor all the people promotting fear and violence and be sent to jail to replace the ones that are there for non violent crimes.

Either you want free speech or you dont. No middle ground. Just stop being so damm offended by everything.

Sticks and stones and all.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We had an anti-war movement to end all wars.

It was mostly liberals as the Neocon's had the right conned into their shell oil games, at the time.

Then Obama got elected, and now liberals worship Obama and Hillary for blowing up the Middle East, while then telling everyone else that we have to accept their mass exodus into the Western World, and we have to give them Sharia Law because that's their "culture".

edit on 25-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Remember when it was Hip and Trendy to Criticize Religion *cough* Christianity *cough* err I mean Religion.
All the backwardness of society was blamed on Christianity, with the terrible heresy of evolution vs creationism a showcase. Now today wearing hjiab is "empowering".

This reveals something important. It wasn't actually about proving Christianity wrong. It was some sort of deep hatred of one's own culture. 10 years ago these bleeding hearts would be bashing Christians and laughing about it. Now they pass laws to protect feelings of other Religions.
This is a traitorous personality. Pathological outgroup preference. Pathological Novelty seeking.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Nobody is immune from this crap

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Greatest post in years. IMHO. There is some truth to be explored there. The internet has done this...it's like a beloved pet that has turned instead and bitten us.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I can't wait until they pass blasphemy laws for protection of Christians and other religions...

Well, you dumbos don't take your DEAD religion seriously. Thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
How long before Canada starts extraditing ex-muslims who speak out against Islam back to their country of origin?

www.theguardian.com...

Pakistan has asked Facebook and Twitter to help identify Pakistanis suspected of blasphemy so it can prosecute them or pursue their extradition.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Frightening how much radical Islam and the far left have in common.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
How many pages do I have to go through to see if anybody has mentioned that this is a non-binding motion? It is a way of making a formal statement. In these days of alarming intolerance, I am proud that our government has specifically included our Muslims in its refuting of ethnic hatred in our society.

Judging by some of the responses here...it's none too soon.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
They are not trying to stop critics of Islam but stop Islamophobes from spreading hate.

Big difference. It is not that hard to understand.
edit on 25-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain
They are not trying to stop critics of Islam but stop Islamophobes from spreading hate.

Except to the Islamist everything even remotely critical in of Islam in any way is "Islamophobia" (which is not a thing to begin with).

Don't have criticism any religion I guess. It's all heresy to them, which is bad and hateful!!!.

How ridiculous.
edit on -050007pm3kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Frightening how much radical Islam and the far left have in common.

I find it interesting how many on the left seem to idolise a society in which the wives (yes, several) of the household command less standing than the family goat.

Talk about women's liberation

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hahaha

I keep thinking if muslims are pulling the strings in every major goverment and want to islamize the world or TPTB simply want to put the world into the conflict. Too many double standards to believe that this is about blashpemy and islamophobia.
edit on 25-3-2017 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain

Nope.

There is no such thing as "spreading hate" in a society which values free speech. Otherwise, which the overly sensitive left keeps doing, is labelling anything which offends them as hate speech.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Nope.

There is no such thing as "spreading hate" in a society which values free speech. Otherwise, which the overly sensitive left keeps doing, is labelling anything which offends them as hate speech.

There is a huge difference between being a critic of Islam and spreading hate.

I'm a critic of Islam and also a critic of all organized religion. Free speech is awesome but if you use it to spread hate, then you must accept the consequences of it.

This is part of the consequences, a society telling you they will not tolerate your hate.

Examples of hate and critic

Hate - Use propaganda to paint a picture that all Muslims are evil and out to get you, therefore they should be treated like second class citizens

Critic - Islam has a problem with extremists, just like every other religion out there and the moderates should speak out more.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

So its your equivalent of a nonbinding resolution?

LOL....your elected officials do naval gazing, too?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join