It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Passes 'Blasphemy' Bill To Silence Critics Of Islam

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

From now on anyone who says anything bad about Revolution9 specifically shall be boiled alive in hot broth. By decree of The Holy Unicorn Rainbow Puke Brotherhood

Same thing.

If I hear any one of you saying anything bad about me I'm a gonna tell the Thought and Speech Police and they will throw your ass in jail, there, there.

All Snowflakes are fascists! Libtards are the enemy, lol.

(This is a joke; humour. I know that liberals don't understand that concept so just pointing out clear as day).

It's not fair, Mommy. I want a law, too, to stop dem saying anything bad about me.

edit on 25-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Pretty much. Now you're getting it kiddo!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Arnie123

except the jews weren't suicide bombers or sent their children out to blow stuff up,

Are you comparing the Palestinian (excuse me, 'Gazan') army with the IDF?

Or just in denial how young our soldiers are that we send round the world to 'blow things up'.

Not in denial, I was one of OUR YOUNG SOLDIERS that went out and "blow things up", lol.

I know, we talked at length via PM about your service and where you were stationed, remember?

My lips are sealed to this day.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Pretty much. Now you're getting it kiddo!

Lol, did my post trigger you.

No law was passed, but hey dont let that stop you from spouting bs.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: yuppa

Censorship is a property of totalitarianism. It's interesting to note that Germany had progressive hate speech laws prior to Hitler's rise to power, and the Nazis and their publications were forbidden. Hate speech legislation simply does not work, especially in the one instance where it was justified. This only gave them a platform of persecution, leading to their rising to power.

And meanwhile..."Imam calling for Jews to be killed in sermon at Montreal mosque draws police complaint"

Police Investigating Iman

One has to wonder, if this Motion were to proceed (as its authors hope it will) through study, to report, to legislation against "Islamophobia"...if the fact that people have complained to Police that a visiting Imam (from Jordan) quoted from a hadith that says, ""O Muslim, O servant of Allah, O Muslim, O servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him." would in itself be considered a hate crime.

That is, will one be considered to be Islamophic if one complains about an Islamic cleric calling for genocide against the Jews?

This is one slippery slope.

PS... full credit to the members of Montreal's Muslim community for calling this extremist out, and saying that his radical views do not speak for them

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Hating Jews is part of that mans culture, so how dare you criticize him for that!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Wow, this is some really interesting, eye opening data. Too bad the Canadians want to potentially throw it all away for the sake of PC.

edit on 25-3-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Not sure why they invited that imam from jordan to speak in their mosque, they will probably regret it. Good to see the muslim community is outraged at this imam.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

What the world is coming to, specially for the champions of freedoms like freedom of speech.

I been trying to understand what is going on with the Muslim/Islam butt kissing in the countries that are hosting this refugees and none refugees.

What it is, that is making them take a completely turn against the countries citizens to pander to this minority.

What it is, it is money? favors? I can only imagine tons of money been funneled to the leaders of the countries involve in order to keep their mouth shut and keep pandering while crapping on their own citizens.

Then the funniest thing, when a terror attack happens, is a lone wolf and hell, they chant Islam is bad Islam is bad and then turn around to kiss more Islam butts.

I tell you something is fishy and is not going to be pretty what is heading our way.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Oh trust me, it won't.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I know, we talked at length via PM about your service and where you were stationed, remember?

My lips are sealed to this day.

Trust me pal, you don't have to seal you lips, am I to be afraid of something? what I tell people about my service is up to me and that person in confidentiality, but since you want to make it a posting point, let me re up that info.

I was CBRN, 74D. My area of operations and expertise was CHEMICAL, OCONUS, PACOM. Alaska, Hawaii, Korea, Japan. CONUS was Missouri and Texas.

Did I kill someone? Did I blow something up? For that, My lips are sealed.

You want to mention something about our boys in uniform, I'll be happy to step up to that plate and make my point.

Anything else OFFTOPIC? perhaps a gander at my FaceBook? Maybe my Twitter feed? how about a FOIA request on my behalf? smh
edit on 25-3-2017 by Arnie123 because: cleanup

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hating Jews is part of that mans culture, so how dare you criticize him for that!

Yes, I ought to be ashamed of myself...assuming that is allowed under Sharia Law of course (I'm afraid to ask).

Of side interest is that Prime Minister Trudeau (whose Government touted and supported this Motion), a self-proclaimed Feminist, seems to have not noticed the broad and blatant oppression of females in cultures and countries where Islam plays the dominant role. I don't think I need to itemize those oppressions here...they are certainly common knowledge.

As a champion of the LGBTQ(RST?) community, I suppose he must be also blissfully unaware of the abuses (and even state-sanctioned murder) of Gay people living in Muslim controlled Countries.

If, someday, we are going to be legally prevented from calling into question aspects of the Muslim fatih, and Islamic culture, does this mean that we need to accept the consequence of our needing to remain silent about the plight of women and LGBT peoples under their rule?

Is the freedom to speak out on behalf of the oppressed, to be squelched in favour of legislated censorship of speaking about the actions of the oppressors?

Something for Trudeau - and all of Canada - to carefully consider before going too far down this road.
edit on 25-3-2017 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Would you say its hypocritical and contradicting in nature?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If one wants to protect freedom of religion, it becomes hard to do when one religion is against that. Should a religion that is against freedom of religion be supported, tolerated, accepted, or punished?

I believe that people can believe whatever they want as long as it doesn't harm non-believers. Can Islam state that?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh

Great thimg for Canada. Protecting the marginalized is what a society should do.

Hopefully the dems can pass something similar in 2020

Free speech should be limited when people promote any sort of hate or violence against anyone, may it be against muslims or any other religion.

Free speech police should be formed to monitor all the people promotting fear and violence and be sent to jail to replace the ones that are there for non violent crimes.

Wrong again. I am a liberal let everyone speak. There may well be other consequences like a punch in the face but we are now big people so let them speak.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Would you say its hypocritical and contradicting in nature?

Why yes I would...

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh
a reply to: yuppa

Hahahha that exemple. You litteraly made me spill my drink trying to use the germans limitting jews free speech, nvm the nazis who publically called for their extermination amd killed 7 millions of them hahahja wow just wow

Well then this really ought to split your sides.

The leader of Islam during world war II, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, collaborated with Hitler and was even put in charge of his own SS division to hunt doen Jewsih people.

Hitler respected and admired Islam.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
We've had jews, moslems, sikhs & hindus up here in Scotland for as long as I remember, Ive come to look upon them as OUR jews, sikhs etc and Im 100% behind them and their right to observe their religion right alongside the Catholic & Protestant faiths we have.

But this new situation is something different, even our own 'religous minorities' agree on that!
Its obvious to a blindman that someone, somewhere is pushing and agenda that has nothing to do with religion and people dont find it strange that this is happening across the western world at exactly the same time. Almost 'on cue' you would think?

Salut!

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Trudeau is literally muhammed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join