It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else sick of hearing how Islam is the religion of "peace"?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: amazing

Well we know that Islam is not the religion of peace. Most Terrorist attacks in the last 20 years the world over are from Radical Islam....not radical athiesm or radical Christianity or radical Judaism or radical scientology. why is that?

Because the West needed an excuse to invade Middle-East countries, which happen to be Islamic.

And that's totally true, but it's only half the answer?

what was the second half of the question then?

I just think the religion itself has to take the blame for being a violent religion.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Religion of peace is a term coined by George W. Bush.

If you read the Koran it is quite evident that Islam is a religion of conquest.

Either through overt military conquest or internal sedition resulting in conquest by revolution/coup.

Islam is not just a religion either, it is also a political ideology. It lays out guidelines for rulers that go beyond mere spiritual belief.

Fairly unrelated but I came across this graph of the Prophet's instructions for Muslims during war. It's quite reasonable, but the Islamic State and their "Moderate Opposition" friends must've skipped those parts of the Koran, since they violate every law of war set out by their Prophet.

That chart is propaganda.
In the Iran Iraq war, Iran used children as human mine field clearers.
There's hundreds of passages like the following in the Koran, religion of peace is BS

Quran (61:4) - "Surely Allah loves those who fight in His cause" Religion of Peace, indeed!

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..."

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (17:16) - "And when We wish to destroy a town, We send Our commandment to the people of it who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction."

Quran (33:60-62) - "If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while. Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

Quran (47:35) - "Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost (Shakir: "have the upper hand") for Allah is with you,"

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Says the "Christian" who voted for more bombing in Syria.

1) I have never claim Christianity is a religion of peace.

2) I have not supported the bombing of Syria and I am against ME interferance. So tell me how did I vote for more bombing?

You voted conservative, and you knew what you were getting.

Maybe you're dumber than I thought and not just playing the part.

Was Tony Blair not involved in ME conflict, and which Conservative manifesto are you reffering to which stated "We will bomb the ME"

Thus if we vote Labour are we all Corbynites, seems thats not even true in his own party

or SNP do they ALL want another referendum, love you're binary thinking its either 0 or 1

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Well we know that Islam is not the religion of peace. Most Terrorist attacks in the last 20 years the world over are from Radical Islam....not radical athiesm or radical Christianity or radical Judaism or radical scientology. why is that?

Because the West needed an excuse to invade Middle-East countries, which happen to be Islamic.

And that's totally true, but it's only half the answer?

what was the second half of the question then?

I just think the religion itself has to take the blame for being a violent religion.

Indeed, but then again... "the system is not broken, it was built this way"
Religions were meticulously designed buddy, they are very complex and well designed to suit the needs of TPTB.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Ohanka

I will be fair on them.

1000-500 years ago they were pretty enlightened and "peaceful" compared to Europe and Christianity and where far ahead politely, socially and scientifically.

But Since then something has happened. The Islamic world has moved backwards and the Western world forward.

The house of Saud happened, that's as good a place to begin to try to make sense of the madness as any.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

And that is NOT propaganda.
The Iranians, it's in their genes and their education. They are mad, they hate their children and they want them to die in the most uglier fashion.
It's astonishing with these ways this people has managed to survive for thousand years.
I have heard in Siberia, the Russians eat their children during the winter (which is errr close to all-year long probably).

I don't think it's the religion of peace, it's a religion and proselytic by definition and no different than the other monotheist religions. You can do the same work with The Old Testament or The Torah and find quotes. Old text, old world, old ways.

Why the double standard ? Why when Iran and Iraq are at war, you can't find another angle than they are muslims. They are men and women, it's war. They are no different than christians or jews when at war.
The first of the Ten Commandments is You shall not kill, yet people who were supposedly christians still killed in times of war.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Manouche

The first of the Ten Commandments is You shall not kill, yet people who were supposedly christians still killed in times of war.

Moses was a God Damned murderer himself, the book is full of contradictions and falsehoods.
Exodus 2:11-15GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

Moses Commits Murder and Flees to Midian
11 In the course of time Moses grew up. Then he went to see his own people and watched them suffering under forced labor. He saw a Hebrew, one of his own people, being beaten by an Egyptian. 12 He looked all around, and when he didn’t see anyone, he beat the Egyptian to death and hid the body in the sand.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The 'fruits' demonstrate that Islam is as much a religion of Peace as Xtianity is a religion of Love!
Every focus you placed on Islam can also be equated in Xtianity.
Have you an equal problem with Xtianity, also?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

The 'fruits' demonstrate that Islam is as much a religion of Peace as Xtianity is a religion of Love!

Unlike nearly all of the Bible verses of violence, the verses of violence in the Quran are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by historical context contained in the surrounding text

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Most organised religions are hypocritical in theory, that cannot be denied. Anyone able to reason, however, will see that this is not necessarily a problem unless you act on these beliefs. Acting on those beliefs with the intent to violently harm others because they do not agree with you is the problem.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

....shouldn't it be Xlam?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You describe fundamentalists. Not Islam.

Guess what, America has their fair share of fundi's too, so does every country, since the birth of man kind.
Knights Templar were fundamentalists, Christians!

Stop going on a witch hunt. You are picking and choosing a 'boogie man' to justify the persecution of a certain group for the wrong doing of a few.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Either through overt military conquest or internal sedition resulting in conquest by revolution/coup.

Islam is not just a religion either, it is also a political ideology. It lays out guidelines for rulers that go beyond mere spiritual belief.

Fairly unrelated but I came across this graph of the Prophet's instructions for Muslims during war. It's quite reasonable, but the Islamic State and their "Moderate Opposition" friends must've skipped those parts of the Koran, since they violate every law of war set out by their Prophet.

There's hundreds of passages like the following in the Koran, religion of peace is BS

Quran (61:4) - "Surely Allah loves those who fight in His cause" Religion of Peace, indeed!

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..."

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (17:16) - "And when We wish to destroy a town, We send Our commandment to the people of it who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction."

Quran (33:60-62) - "If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while. Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

Quran (47:35) - "Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost (Shakir: "have the upper hand") for Allah is with you,"

Did allah ever "talk" to anyone else besides mohammed?

And how often did he talk to mohammed after he "dictated" the koran?

Just curious.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Actually, I never hear about Izlam being the "religion of peace" unless someone is mentioning it in a sarcastic way.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Did allah ever "talk" to anyone else besides mohammed?

And how often did he talk to mohammed after he "dictated" the koran?

Just curious.

Going from memory, he spoke to Moses.

Allah didn't directly talk with Muhammad instead he used archangel Gabriel as a medium.

I could be wrong, i just read the Koran to see what it was all about, didn't study it or nothing.

Seemed to be an instruction manual for world domination.
edit on 23-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

If there are peace-loving Muslims in the world, they are peaceful in spite of Mohammed and the Qur’an—not because of them. Such Muslims are the “liberals” of their faith because they do not seek to imitate their founder or follow strictly the teachings of his book. If Christians follow the teachings of the New Testament then they truly are a religion of Love.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

If there are peace-loving Muslims in the world,

"If"? Really?

they are peaceful in spite of Mohammed and the Qur’an—not because of them.

If there are Loving Xtians, it is in spite of their book and the plethora of it's validations that so-called 'Xtians' use to justify their vain ignorant hatefulness and persecutions!
Just like Islam!
The same brush paints both. It's not hard to see...

Such Muslims are the “liberals” of their faith because they do not seek to imitate their founder or follow strictly the teachings of his book. If Christians follow the teachings of the New Testament then they truly are a religion of Love.

Loving Xtians are the “liberals” of their faith because they do not seek to imitate the literal insanity of the book (religion); persecuting and murdering gays, for instance, not to mention the Holocaust,... but have transcended that vanity into Love/Enlightenment. Like the Sufis.
"In the near future, there will be no religions, we will all be mystics, or we will not be!"
No, in the notion of fairness, if you are going to slam one religion, the other is of equal guilt! *__-

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

....shouldn't it be Xlam?

Say it out loud; 'cross'-tian. Almost, eh?
That is certainly one and two levels that works on.
The 'cross' being such a central icon and all, along with the pronunciation, and that it is a bit of shorthand, make it work for me.

What is the rationale behind the 'X'lam? *__-

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Most organised religions are hypocritical in theory, that cannot be denied. Anyone able to reason, however, will see that this is not necessarily a problem unless you act on these beliefs. Acting on those beliefs with the intent to violently harm others because they do not agree with you is the problem.

You are so close...
It is the 'belief', itself, that when caught, exhibits the pathological symptomatic behavior of which you speak.

No one ever deliberately harmed another unless he hosted a 'belief' of some sort!

A 'belief' is an infection of the 'thought/ego'.
Our very 'identity' (who we think/believe that we are) becomes involved.
Symptomatically, a 'belief' must constantly 'defend', feed/justify, procreate, spread wherever it is not, already (see; evangelism).
When a 'belief' feels threatened, it is the 'believer' who feels threatened, and will do whatever is necessary to eliminate the threat! The 'belief/I' must survive.
It doesn't matter whether the 'belief' is in God or money or Freedom or Capitalism or bunnies... they become us!
Insanity is 'belief'.
Reality is 'make-believe', anyway, and to 'believe' in the 'make-believe' is insanity.
Another symptom of a belief infection is the steady (self-defensive) inhibition of cognitive and intellectual abilities, ending in madness if uncontained.
Funny, one need not 'believe' anything to be a Xtian!
All We need is Love! *__-

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join