It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else sick of hearing how Islam is the religion of "peace"?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
A picture speaks a thousand words. 4chan has already given her the nickname "Moderate Medina".

Propaganda.

She clearly has a distressed look on her face. Who's to say she isn't trying to contact family to tell them the bad news?
Also pictured is a white male who just walks by as well.
Not shown from that angle though.

Aside from the two women, what is anyone in that photo doing to help?

Propaganda, simple as that.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Let's not forget that the Israelites murdered many of the men, women and children they came in contact with.
And of course the Christians had their Crusades and the Catholic had their Inquisition.
Religious fanatics can bring out the worst in people.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You forget the war that predates Syria,Libya

I can't forgive the conservatives for Libya and Syria and the Labour Party for the two countries before that

OP of course there are radicalised muslims,that's not surprising since we have interfered in the Middle East for a long time

I'm pretty sure that if religious roles and geographical locations were swapped and it was Christian countries located in the Middle East being attacked by The Muslim west we would be in the same situation

I am not making excuses for these terrorist,I personally think the world should unite and use special forces snatch squads to bring them to justice or eliminate them if they resist

Sending our full armies into foreign countries has just been making matters worse and creating a power vacume that has now aided these people

We can't judge every Muslim as a terrorist supporter just like we can't judge every Christian as a warmonger

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk
a reply to: Advantage

Let slaves be slaves

That's easily said from your invisible jail cell that we are all trapped in.

Do you think the victims of human trafficking/organ harvesting deserve to remain slaves or just the Muslims? Some of you are exposing your lack of compassion for fellow humans.

At least the other slaves know that they are slaves, meanwhile most of us are oblivious to the fact that we are also slaves to the very system we call "freedom". You may not feel like a slave but I sure do.

I was born a slave, and I didn't realize it until later in life.

Some people need dictators.

That is your opinion, try telling that to someone who's suffered under a brutal dictator.

Right now there is probably a young boy or girl having horrible things done to them in the Levant and you are implying to just leave them be and that they deserve it. Those were not your exact words but that is what I gathered from your post. You just don't care.

Are you part of the turn the whole area into a glass parking lot crowd?

People like you annoy me. I cant tell if youre really this thick or youre playing stupid to provoke a reaction. Do you know nothing of the culture? Ever been there? Ever spent a lot of time there? Ever seen what Jihadists do to other Muslims? I thought not.

"they deserve it" "horrible things done to them" blah blah... when you want to have a rational discussion that has ANYTHING to do with what Ive said... get back to me. If you want to talk about sex trafficked victims or etc.. make a thread. Ill participate.

I care for my own first. Sorry if that is something you cant understand or something you dont agree with, but I really am not moved by your opinions.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think we only keep hearing it because there keep being so many problems related to its practitioners.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Muslims make up only 4% of the UK population, look at the continued chaos and destruction they cause, what do u think it will be like with 20%?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I believe the fact that their holiest books/manuals call for violence against those who "reject allah" (and unlike Christianity, they've never added a reset button portion of the book akin to the New Testament), makes the religion itself difficult to reconcile with the modern world. Society rejects the possibility that there were "good Nazis" (rightfully rejects it), essentially stating that anyone who cherished Mein Kampf and embraced their genocidal lunatic of a leader is fundamentally a "bad person" by association... never really understood why the same doesn't hold true when we're discussing Islam and their extremely dangerous book and genocidal lunatic of a "leader." I get it "religion is different, it's considered a protected class..." yes and no, it's protected status doesn't phase me in the least, we still must call out threats to the fabric of society where we see them. Furthermore, it's status as a religion actually makes it all the more dangerous... people killed in Hitler's name because they feared reprisal of horrible death at his wrath if they refused. People kill in the name of allah because they believe Mohammed BS about the great rewards they'll receive after dying the deaths of martyrs alongside a body count of "infidels."

We're talking about a religion in which any criticism of said religion is punishable by death in most of the majority Muslim nations... if peace exists there it is truly peace through violent elimination of opposing viewpoints, AKA genocidal fascism.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Islam is a religion of peace much like Crips and Bloods are after school programs.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You said those ignorant things, not me.

My point wasn't to annoy you, I was hoping to maybe open up your eyes just a bit.

I don't know you, but your posts in this thread are very dark. "Let slaves be slaves" and "some people need dictators" are two statements that cannot be justified no matter what context you put it in unless you are a desensitized immoral soul.

You're welcome.
edit on 23-3-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

I can't forgive the conservatives for Libya and Syria and the Labour Party for the two countries before that

Interestingly, the wars you speak of have been clandestine efforts by western governments to remove sitting secular leaders and allow them to be replaced with fundamental religious leaders from the Islamic cleric pools in each nation. There is absolutely an effort by some western leaders to speed the reformation of the caliphate in the middle east... the question is "why?"

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

Interestingly, the wars you speak of have been clandestine efforts by western governments to remove sitting secular leaders and allow them to be replaced with fundamental religious leaders from the Islamic cleric pools in each nation. There is absolutely an effort by some western leaders to speed the reformation of the caliphate in the middle east... the question is "why?"

Because it's what the House of Saud wants. Each state ruled by Wahhabi Islamists increases their power and influence in the region, while secular leaders are a direct threat to that.

They tried to do it in Egypt, too. Obama and Hillary helped to oust longtime American ally Mubarak. Fortunately the military stepped in before the Muslim Brotherhood could seize total control. Now it's a Secular Russian ally. Not a great moment in US foreign policy.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Does the Quran Really Sanction Violence Against ‘Unbelievers’?

The assertion that Islam or the Quran inherently call for a “war on unbelievers” is sheer fallacy and fantasy. Peace be with you.

'Violence more common' in Bible than Quran, text analysis reveals

"Killing and destruction are referenced slightly more often in the New Testament (2.8%) than in the Quran (2.1%), but the Old Testament clearly leads—more than twice that of the Quran—in mentions of destruction and killing (5.3%)."

However, he adds: "First, I want to make very clear that we have not set out to prove or disprove that Islam is more violent than other religions.

"Moreover, we realize that the Old and New Testaments and the Quran are neither the only literature in Islam, Christianity and Judaism, nor do they constitute the sum of these religions’ teachings and protocols.

"I must also reemphasize that this analysis is superficial and the findings are by no means intended to be conclusive. Ours is a 30,000-ft, cursory view of three texts: the Quran and the Old and New Testaments,

Quran does not cause terrorism and is no more violent than the Bible, expert says

“It’s not the text itself that generates violence, there is Jewish and Christian scripture you can read into to find the same,” he told the Independent. “You read the texts through interpretation.”

The well-known verse expresses the sorry of Jewish people living in exile after the Babylonian conquest of Jerusalem and ends with a violent revenge fantasy, telling the conquerors: “Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.”

Such gory excerpts can be found throughout the Bible and Quran, with one count putting the total of “cruel or violent passages” at 842 in the much longer Bible and 333 in the Quran.

“Interpretation can be used for good or evil, or fundamentalism or liberalism.”

“Religious illiteracy is a root cause of extremism,” she wrote, accusing both Islamophobic activists and terrorist groups of “pushing their own agendas”.

“Passages do have a life of their own, however much we reinterpret them,” Dr Kessler cautioned.

“The Christian Bible shares an intrinsic problem that is common to the Tanakh and the Quran, namely that polemic against a named other carries a weight and authority throughout history.

“Moreover, they are constantly available for use or abuse, to justify the most appalling actions in the name of God.

If your only looking for violence in the Quran, you will find it but the same could be done for the bible and other holy books. The fact remains that a majority of Muslims are peaceful and that the ones asking for violence are the ones warping the teachings, just like the anti gays who find passages in the bible to explain their dislike for gays.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Do you know nothing of the culture? Ever been there? Ever spent a lot of time there? Ever seen what Jihadists do to other Muslims? I thought not.

I have been to Israel, Egypt, Jordan and Syria. How about you?

"they deserve it" "horrible things done to them" blah blah... when you want to have a rational discussion that has ANYTHING to do with what Ive said... get back to me. If you want to talk about sex trafficked victims or etc.. make a thread. Ill participate.

It has everything to do with what you said.

You set the precedent with "let slaves be slaves" so blame yourself for this train of discussion. Now you are deflecting from my example. I was trying to understand your logic, thank you for the clarification.

You seem fine with Arab Muslims being slaves...was just wondering if you felt the same for the kids in the area. Once again, your words not mine "let slaves be slaves".

You're the second person to get worked up in this thread when I approach them using their own logic. I guess the truth hurts when it goes against your narrative. Be prepared to back up your claims in your posts. If you post ignorance, I will call you out on it.

Nothing wrong with caring for your own first, but a little bit of compassion goes a long way whether you realize it or not. I used to be just like you in this regard. Selfish and entitled.

It's abundant now days it seems.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain
Does the Quran Really Sanction Violence Against ‘Unbelievers’?

The assertion that Islam or the Quran inherently call for a “war on unbelievers” is sheer fallacy and fantasy. Peace be with you.

'Violence more common' in Bible than Quran, text analysis reveals

"Killing and destruction are referenced slightly more often in the New Testament (2.8%) than in the Quran (2.1%), but the Old Testament clearly leads—more than twice that of the Quran—in mentions of destruction and killing (5.3%)."

However, he adds: "First, I want to make very clear that we have not set out to prove or disprove that Islam is more violent than other religions.

"Moreover, we realize that the Old and New Testaments and the Quran are neither the only literature in Islam, Christianity and Judaism, nor do they constitute the sum of these religions’ teachings and protocols.

"I must also reemphasize that this analysis is superficial and the findings are by no means intended to be conclusive. Ours is a 30,000-ft, cursory view of three texts: the Quran and the Old and New Testaments,

Quran does not cause terrorism and is no more violent than the Bible, expert says

“It’s not the text itself that generates violence, there is Jewish and Christian scripture you can read into to find the same,” he told the Independent. “You read the texts through interpretation.”

The well-known verse expresses the sorry of Jewish people living in exile after the Babylonian conquest of Jerusalem and ends with a violent revenge fantasy, telling the conquerors: “Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.”

Such gory excerpts can be found throughout the Bible and Quran, with one count putting the total of “cruel or violent passages” at 842 in the much longer Bible and 333 in the Quran.

“Interpretation can be used for good or evil, or fundamentalism or liberalism.”

“Religious illiteracy is a root cause of extremism,” she wrote, accusing both Islamophobic activists and terrorist groups of “pushing their own agendas”.

“Passages do have a life of their own, however much we reinterpret them,” Dr Kessler cautioned.

“The Christian Bible shares an intrinsic problem that is common to the Tanakh and the Quran, namely that polemic against a named other carries a weight and authority throughout history.

“Moreover, they are constantly available for use or abuse, to justify the most appalling actions in the name of God.

If your only looking for violence in the Quran, you will find it but the same could be done for the bible and other holy books. The fact remains that a majority of Muslims are peaceful and that the ones asking for violence are the ones warping the teachings, just like the anti gays who find passages in the bible to explain their dislike for gays.

Hook, line and sinker.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Ding Ding Ding

One small exception, the House of Saud (I believe) doesn't actually *want* any of this. The House of Saud pushes for it because it keeps the ulema from promoting an uprising. The House of Sheikh protects the House of Saud from Arab Spring-like uprisings and the House of Saud facilitates the House of Sheikh's bloodlust is sated by applying geopolitical pressure on the west to assist in spreading Wahabbi throughout the Mid East.

That said, I sincerely don't believe the region would be peaceful even if Wahabbi ceased to exist. Shi'ites and Sunnis in non-Wahabbi regions have historically practiced genocidal wars against each other when no other enemy is present. That does a good job of telling the world that peace within that belief structure is based solely on strict adherence to identical sects of their religion.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

We're talking about a religion in which any criticism of said religion is punishable by death in most of the majority Muslim nations... if peace exists there it is truly peace through violent elimination of opposing viewpoints, AKA genocidal fascism.

Pretty much this.

The day I can draw a picture of Mohumed shaging a dog while eating a bacon sanwich and not fear beung killed is the day I will call it a religion of peace

I see offensive pictures of Budah and jesus all the time yet i dont see buddists and christians going full jihad on them.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Kinda agree.

Some of my family knew the king of SA and said he was pretty sympathetic to westurn values.

Problem was the millions in SA that wernt and would drag him out and behead him in the streets if he didnt toe the line. And that includes some of the kings own family.
edit on 23-3-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Pretty much this.

The day I can draw a picture of Mohumed shaging a dog while eating a bacon sanwich and not fear beung killed is the day I will call it a religion of peace

I see offensive pictures of Budah and jesus all the time yet i dont see buddists and christians going full jihad on them.

You're talking about the extremists, not all Muslims. Explain why the extremists kill other Muslims, if all believed the same thing about Quran. Especially if you anti Muslims continue to make the claim that non believers should all be killed, so the moderate Muslims aren't reading the right Quran?

Or is the fact that the Quran can be interpreted in different ways by whoever using it?
edit on 23-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Can't say I ever hear the saying that Islam is the religion of peace, except on ATS of course.

It's obviously not a religion of peace but it's a pretty silly title for a thread imo.

Islamic nutters have always existed, it's just now they feel empowered.

But lets be honest, the Irish were much better at it and did it for longer, these islamic twats are just amateurs in comparison.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
if you want to be non bias, ALL religions are nonsense.
UTTER NONSENSE.

The only reason people follow christianity in the west is because they have palatable names like MARK and PAUL, JOHN etc, anyone that believes the apostles (should they have even existed) were called that are plain dumb.

The difference between western accepted religions and 'foreign' religions are that our leaders have DRONES and hellfire missiles and they claim GOD is on OUR side.
Shame GOD couldn't help the billions of starving people in India and Africa etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join