It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else sick of hearing how Islam is the religion of "peace"?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Why do people keep saying "its only a minor number of Muslims involved in Radical stuff"?

As we have seen we really have no clue about who is radical, who might carry out attacks bar the groups that hit the radar, in fact we really have no clue as to how many are here since here in the UK we fudge the numbers of illegal or even legal immigrants to met number pledges by the governments 9which they never actually EVER meet).

People have to seriously understand that we are not talking soldiers here, we are talking ordinary people who will in an act of 'faith' do very non ordinary disgusting actions because they have had Radical Islam most likely shoved down their throats by every one around them. These folk go from thinking about it to doing it almost instantly, just killing ONE PERSON is a goal to them, its one less Kuffar.

The number of them is by the by, people who just support Radicalism as almost as bad as the people doing the actions, we seriously need to stamp down good and proper, not just close radical Mosques, pull them down because if you don't then as seen in Italy, Denmark and Germany, they will just move back in. These radicals ARE a threat and despite what the liberal nincompoops would have you think are around most of us daily...Fact..

I also wish more normal Muslims would out these people instead of treating it as seen in this thread as 'not my problem, I can't judge a Brother' which is NONSENSE, their own book even tells them to do it.

Oh, and we should ban Sharia, the whole ideal is what these radicals feed on, it has NO place in our culture or society, the ridiculous Sharia law courts that we allow to run here treat women the same way as they do in the Radical countries. The women as seen in undercover work are treated like bad children and refused anything they ask for even if its down to violent abuse by men.

So can we please stop this nonsense of applying numbers so to try and make the issue seem smaller than the truth is. You are doing what the Police and social workers did in Rotherham, you are disguising the issue to please your leftist leanings and these radicals take FULL advantage of your weakness.

I'm not suggesting rounding up all Muslims and throwing them out, hey, I'd lose my wife and in laws who are lovely but we do have to address people we find who are radical strongly, especially new arrivals, make sure they know their future in Britain is NOT secure and making plans or actions towards the innocent comes with damning and crucial responses. Hate speech SHOULD work both ways, having protests with "Behead all Non Muslims" MUST be dealt with seriously, I'm sick of seeing people who shout "don't live here if you don't like it being arrested while there's a woman with a young girl in a head scarf both holding behead banners, make sure the parent is dealt with. Ban the Niqab, its NOT a requirement of the religion and it IS a costume worn by the people who follow the Wuhhabist and Sharia teaching which are utterly against our culture and laws.

Our softly softly approach has got us what we see now, its time to Police and Police properly..
edit on 25-3-2017 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
Why do people keep saying "its only a minor number of Muslims involved in Radical stuff"?

Because its only a minor number of muslims involved in radical stuff.

Your post is a rant without sense, aimed at trying to pigeonhole people without actual thought.

I also wish more normal Muslims would out these people instead of treating it as seen in this thread as 'not my problem, I can't judge a Brother' which is NONSENSE, their own book even tells them to do it.

Is your next door neighbor a serial killer? How would you know for sure? Chances are you don't. Do you know everything about everyone around you? Why do you assume that muslims know everything about each other?

If your neighbour is a serial killer, does that make everyone in your neighbourhood a potential serial killer?. Should we be talking to you? Why aren't you personally doing something about potential serial killers?

You have fallen into the trap that ISIS wants. You are helping them by not thinking. You are actually spewing their divisive ideology for them and are also conveniently forgetting that by far the largest majority of their victims are muslims.

Oh - incidentally - the guy who carried out the attack was a British national born in Kent - what the hell does that have to do with immigrants? - I'll answer that for you. Nothing.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

originally posted by: namelesss

a reply to: namelesss

"What is the rationale behind the 'X'lam? *__-"

Well, now we know the reason behind "Xtians".....just another secular attempt at denigrating Christianity just as Christmas was changed to "Xmas."......so why not "Xlam" for Islam? All you secularists don't want to be accused of discrimination do you? ....or is that the point.

Quite the little Xtian snowflake, eh?
You have your delusion to see through.
In my explanation, there was nothing 'negative' at all.
It is your own feigned egoic social 'Xtianity' that took the hit of Truth, and you attacked in response to your imagined threat.
'Beliefs' are quite symptomatic, and you are displaying.
And now you are whining at me about Xmas?
I have to tell you, snowflake; tough. *__-

...and in true Christian spirit I turn the other cheek and forgive.

Certainly easier than taking the truth of my words to heart and using them to grow.
Truth hurts.
'Forgiving' absolves you of having to do any of the hard work, while remaining self-righteous in your own (vanity) mind.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

originally posted by: Mclaneinc

Because its only a minor number of muslims involved in radical stuff.

Your post is a rant without sense, aimed at trying to pigeonhole people without actual thought.

How many consider honor killings never acceptable? How many consider death for apostasy completely unacceptable?

There are many majority muslim countries where those who find honor killings are never justified do not reach 90+%, where opposition to death for apostasy does not reach 90+%. Heck there are many countries where the penalty for apostasy is death. Look at the state of most of the muslim world, it is not pretty.

Realize that if you have 100s Millions, and ten percent consider honor killings or death for apostasy as acceptable. That is tens of millions of muslims believing radical things, believing that innocent people should be murdered in cold blood... and sometimes it is the very family members that either permanently shun or outright murder those who do not embrace their beliefs.
edit on 26-3-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It has to be a reverse psychology to make us angry

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
As it was recently pointed out in another thread, just 3% of the population fought in the Revolutionary War of 1776.

And we won.

So if just a small percentage of Islamic people want war, shouldn't we be just as concerned as King George was?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Well, now we know the reason behind "Xtians".....just another secular attempt at denigrating Christianity just as Christmas was changed to "Xmas."......so why not "Xlam" for Islam? All you secularists don't want to be accused of discrimination do you? ....or is that the point.

It is your own feigned egoic social 'Xtianity' that took the hit of Truth, and you attacked in response to your imagined threat.

Certainly easier than taking the truth of my words to heart and using them to grow.
Truth hurts.
'Forgiving' absolves you of having to do any of the hard work, while remaining self-righteous in your own (vanity) mind.

Forgiveness is a far better path than that of the self righteous and arrogant agnostic or atheist, there can be no truth in your words because you do not have the answers to the eternal questions.

I am honest enough to admit I don't know what comes of faith or belief. We all chose a path in life and no one knows where that path leads until they reach the end. When you constantly attack someone for a belief that they don't ask you to accept and don't impose on you it makes you appear weak.
edit on 26-3-2017 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Truth hurts.

Forgiveness is a far better path than that of the self righteous and arrogant agnostic or atheist, there can be no truth in your words because you do not have the answers to the eternal questions.

Every question has an answer.
You have no clue, other than your imagination/ego of what I might know or not.
But you have already encapsulated yourself, to preserve your present condition of ego/vanity, by namecalling and categorizing so you can easily dismiss, with no critical thought necessary.
Belief infections inhibit cognitive and intellectual ability (a self-defensive feature), so we take the cheap and available way out, through symptomatic behavior...

We all chose a path in life

Another vain 'belief'?
Your belief' does not extend to all, other than in the vanity of your mind/imagination.
You 'feel as if' you make choices, you 'think' that you have free-will and make choices... Believing that is Pride.
Then it's a matter of "My Will Be Done"!

When you constantly attack someone for a belief that they don't ask you to accept and don't impose on you it makes you appear weak.

If I know what you believe, that means that you put your belief into my face.
Response is natural, and
You misunderstand.
I do not attack anyone for having a belief infection, I attack the infection.
Like an antibiotic.
And I point out the infection to those who are clueless, sew seeds that might, someday sprout when conditions are correct.
Because the 'malware' is of the ego/identity, the first reaction is (self) defensive when feeling threatened.

And your constant attempt to put me into some atheist or agnostic box is a complete failure, as I am neither of these.
But I understand why you need to do it.
No forgiveness necessary, as I never judged you in the first place! *__-

edit on 26-3-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
As it was recently pointed out in another thread, just 3% of the population fought in the Revolutionary War of 1776.

And we won.

So if just a small percentage of Islamic people want war, shouldn't we be just as concerned as King George was?

Using your very statistic, only 3% of the Muslim population in the States would want to wage war. After all, the British colonies were already a subset of the total British population.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

If you ignore the Hadiths, the Quran is no more violent than the Bible.
Most British Muslims are regular Joe's who pick and choose from their holy book same as average Christian folk.

Do you # your pants at your local Muslim corner shop buying a couple of beers?
I don't.
Matey at my local shop is friendly and seems to be more interested in being a successful small business owner than killing an unbeliever such as myself.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

As i said in my OP i dont have a problem with the majority of law abiding muslims and even call a few my friends.

Thing is I am a Christian but you wont ever see me claim its a religion of peace.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Ah fair one, the old testament is certainly a horror story.
I don't believe in any unverifiable thing, religion, souls, pixies, dragons etc.
So is your beef really only with the "religion of peace" meme associated with Islam then?
I would agree that particular meme is as bull# as if say Catholicism tried claiming such a thing.
From my personal research in life I'd say maybe Buddhism is the only one which could make such a claim, but then consider events in Myanmar and there is clearly reasonable doubt about that.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Exactly spot on.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

We are unique. There are people who are greater and lesser than us in terms of capacity, character and the likes. There are also people who are sometimes beyond our comprehension or shall we say; people that are not within our wavelength. There are people who sometimes have very poor comprehension, understanding and sensitivity. It is sometimes difficult to communicate to these kinds of people. Thus, sometimes it is better to keep things to our selves or not to react to people who don’t make sense at all. It is more often better to keep quiet than responding to things that are unimportant and to people who are shallow. Advice to live by.......
edit on 26-3-2017 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Everyone in the serial killer's neighborhood should absolutely be suspect if "get out there and kill people from other neighborhoods" is clearly written into the neighborhood's homeowner association charter...

Just saying man, it's not like these terrorists are pulling their extremist ideologies out of thin air. It's coming from the same writings and teachings all islam is based on.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

If Islam was a religion of Peace. These nations would probably the best democracies today.

Many like Iran were until the West interfered and made a mess of it all. We need to acknowledge the cause of Islam becoming what it is.
Iraq is worse than it was before they were invaded, ISIS did not exist.
America and it's allies for example created much of the extremism that exists today through it's own actions.
Dethroning a King to further their own agenda and replacing him with a playboy who bankrupted a nation allowed extreme viewed Ayatollahs to get into power.
This problem will continue to exist as long as we allow our governments to poke bears with sharp sticks for their own ends.
It's one of those things that we often overlook. We focus on the effect but ignore the cause.
We need to lead by example.

If we hate, kill and manipulate etc. we can hardly be surprised when the same is returned to us.

I mean I am not Muslim or religious in any way, but if a country invaded my nation, destroyed my way of life and killed those I loved, I for one would be looking at destroying it and it's people anyway I could.
It is just how human beings are. Paint a target on your own back and those you've slighted will take aim at it.

But yes, this will not end until we in the west change our ways first.

You cannot fix thousands of years of belief and ways of life overnight and you will never ever fix it with a gun or a bomb. If war and violence was ever a solution, then you must be absolute and leave no one alive who can be an enemy later. Otherwise it is not viable, and this is why we are where we are having these discussions.

Amazing how it is 2017 and most of humanity is still backwards in it's thinking, even those in supposedly civilised nations.

edit on 27-3-2017 by AtomicKangaroo because: stuff

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

How do you explain the British born killers who have carried out their attacks in the name of Islam?
Their countries were not bombed.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Sir there were no Muslims involved in flying planes
into "tower blocks". If you still believe that
delusion you need to get informed.

Apparently you're not aware of how many blacks,
and Indians were burned alive in the U.S. Or
how many combatants/civilians were burned
alive in the Vietnam war using NAPALM.

No religion required, all they needed was a self
induced form of self-righteous indignation to
perpetrate their crimes against humanity.

The same self righteous indignation you espouse
that would send soldiers to foreign nations to
eradicate and displace millions of people.

Trying to make any religion the bogeyman when
America is responsible for more killing than all
the religions combined, is another level of
naivety.

edit on 3/27/2017 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

How do you explain the British born killers who have carried out their attacks in the name of Islam?
Their countries were not bombed.

The same way I would explain why people in Texas who were not directly impacted by 9/11 signed up to go to war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The same way I would explain why someone from Britain would do the same before their nation was attacked in 2005.
The same way I would explain why Australian born people with Yugoslavian parents would cause a ruckus in Australia over the ethnic wars they had and threaten to set themselves on fire despite never being to that country themselves.
The same way I'd explain Australia joining, for the sake of their allies, wars that have nothing to do with our nation. Hey, we didn't get 9/11'd so why would we need to go to war for the U.S being attacked?

Is it really that hard to understand the whys?

Empathy, sympathy, nurture, indoctrination, national pride, beliefs, kinship, and a billion other human traits I could list.
History books are full of stories of people who attacked others they considered a threat and had no direct bad experience with themselves, simply because something or someone they knew did.

if you perceived that someone or something you cared about was being attacked, would you not be angry at the perceived threat and want to do something about it?

This is the problem. Tit-for-Tat makes the world go around. Always has and always will until someone decides to get off the merry go round and say "Hey I'm not playing this game any more"
edit on 27-3-2017 by AtomicKangaroo because: stuff

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The guy who mowed down people in a car and stabbed a cop to death in London last week was not a descendant of any of those bombed countries though.
He converted to Islam, got radicalised either by British Muslims and/or online, then carried out his acts in the name of his twisted idea of religion.
That's the tragic issue, people who have no axe to grind because their countries were bombed, but killing solely because of their religious influences.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join