It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Zimbawe now South Africa.Backwards.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Most of the white workers in SA have now moved to the Cape, as whites aren't allowed to work now without a black partner and the only blacks that tend to get the jobs are those with ANC connections and friends family etc. They are now having to import food yet again as there are so few farmers left

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Attempting to reason with those that have renounced its use is as effective as administering medicine to the the deceased.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

hahaha love it....going to try and slip that whole sentence into conversation at some point this week

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I suspect that in this thread it will not find its mark and will instead, sail over the intended recipients head at jet stream altitude.
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Ahh well one can but try
I think the ladies at my local tea shop will like it...they're a very philosophical bunch lol

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: prepared4truth

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: anonentity
Is Africa a basket case that has no future, now South Africa are going to go after White farmers for their land. Just like Zimbabwe did, and the only country offering white south Africans a chance of Emigration is, Putins Russia. Which seems absurd as millions of Muslims pour into Europe. The Globalist seem to be keeping a lid on this turn of events as it doesn't seem to fit their agenda. Well one things for sure when all is said and done China will move in . vvwww.youtube.com... What is the world coming to when many Black Africans say they were better off economically when the Whites ran the place. This back to reality check isn't PC but its the way things are.

Will there be a global outrage like there was over South African apartheid?

Oh wait, they are just taking white peoples land. Oh ok then no problem.

White people's land?? You're not serious, are you? You can't be...

Should skin colour determine who should own land?

No but should guns , lawyers and raw power determine who does, listen I don't live in S.A or Zimbabwe for that matter , but obviously there is an imbalance in terms of wealth and distribution , because of the acts of relative new comers, things have to be resolved I don't mean kicking ppl off lands and turning them into paupers either, but something have to happen, and I have no quickie answers, I cannot say if most younger South Africans are interested in becoming farmers, unlike those across the border in Zimbabwe such as the vets who do, and it was Britain's bad faith that caused things to spiral down wards in the case of Zimbabwe, and Mugabe may have been a good field commander but a bad statesman who should have turned over leadership a long time ago, obviously didn't help.

You also stated that except for a couple of centuries Africa was basically a sht hole...that sounds like the same white-man's burden fukry used as an excuse to take sht that wasn't theirs to begin with, forcing the locals to work in near slave conditions..yes they could be whipped or imprisoned, forced off lands they occupied by designating them black spots.

Now for the historical, Africa before the Portuguese all but destroyed the complex trade networks was no more a sht hole than any place else across the globe including Europe, across Africa they built many complex states most with global connects, ultimately what would they have been like in 2017 if Europeans had not done massive damage, that's a question for alternative history buffs.
Lost Cities And Architecture Of Pre Colonial Africa

But for some info go here^
Or if you have PBS check out the below

edit on 9-3-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

My best bud lives in Durban. Native there. We talk about this a lot. It's not just this issue but jobs as well. Companies are facing heavy penalties for hiring white employees. He said scholarship type programs that were open to all are now closed for whites. His son is 15 and he told me last year that the only real option for work for him is fast food. Some of the # Jacob zuma says is crazy man. I can't imagine as American politician being able to say those things.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I made my post about work before reading this. It is a bad situation down there. I don't think it is something that can be understood from the other side of the world. I was supposed to go to south Africa for ten days this January but my finances got messed up. I am hoping to get there this December.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

why not? we supported the jews when they did it to the palestinines.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

And here I thought that the African countries that rebelled against colonial rule during the 1960s and later did a good thing.

Goes to show that some people are so conceited about themselves, they believe that only white people should rule the world.

Don't let Spyder see this thread, he'd have a heart attack. I got over mine before I posted.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
So white people will lose their property to blacks and that's not racist and when the new farmers sell everything off and fail at farming the way they are then we should send them aid. If we don't we're racist again?? I gave up on most of the country years ago and they get what they want and fail on their terms. Great just wonderful what is going on and it's all because white people were working to improve the place.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

To me as a South African this is very worrying - the cost of meat and fresh produce is already very high -well just about Everything is ludicrously expensive here. If this land grab is executed i foresee massive food shortages in the long run.

My husband has a very good trade enabling him to work in a wide variety of industries including construction and mining.For the past 14 years he has been working in the goldmining industry.If i said the word he would start sending his CV all over Russia to into various industries,he would move there at the drop of a hat.

I would also not mind but my 2 adult daughters are here and i doubt they would move.So idk..i love my country So much but at times like this i worry about our future here.

Even if one is not a farmer,or of a farming family,and remains in general unraped and unslaughtered here..where the hell is the food going to come from in the long run,after a wide scale land grab?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

This is a ridiculous comment. I am a white South African. Both my parents were born here. All my Grand parents were born here. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Why should I be made to suffer for a regime NONE of my ancestors agreed with or supported? Why should land that my parents worked hard to acquire be gifted to someone else because of the colour of their skin.

You Americans know # all about the issues in South Africa.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Absolute rubbish! There are Millions of whites in JHB, DBN and other major cities throughout the country. You clearly haven't a clue on the subject...

Sincerely,
A WHITE South African

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: anonentity
Is Africa a basket case that has no future, now South Africa are going to go after White farmers for their land. Just like Zimbabwe did, and the only country offering white south Africans a chance of Emigration is, Putins Russia. Which seems absurd as millions of Muslims pour into Europe. The Globalist seem to be keeping a lid on this turn of events as it doesn't seem to fit their agenda. Well one things for sure when all is said and done China will move in . vvwww.youtube.com... What is the world coming to when many Black Africans say they were better off economically when the Whites ran the place. This back to reality check isn't PC but its the way things are.

Will there be a global outrage like there was over South African apartheid?

Oh wait, they are just taking white peoples land. Oh ok then no problem.

Agreed

BUT

Two wrongs never make a right. Apartheid ended and now it seems the pendulum is swinging in the opposite direction. Nobody wins when society swings to extremes.

Apartheid never ended. It was simply reversed.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Oh dear, it appears I have touched a sensitive spot with some people. Please do not try to supplement my words, it's such bad form and not what I said. You can blame peoples all you want but, eventually the door swings both ways. Of course it is not appropriate to take a country/property/resource of another but unwanted colonialism is an integral part of the problems they now face.

Whitey treated South-Africans (and other African countries) like animals when they had the power. History. Good luck with the thread, it stinks of racism and bigotry. For the record, I'm white. Carry on!

You have absolutely no clue here. "Whitey treated.. when they were in power". I know hundreds of white people who were firmly against the old National Party and Apartheid. They even voted ANC in 1994. Making sweeping statements like that not only shows up your ignorance on the subject but is also damaging and hugely misleading.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It would still mean the same thing,no matter how it's worded,though. I had a black friend who told me exactly the same thing,she felt her +her family's quality of life was actually much better in the days of the apartheid system. As regards this in general,although white i grew up in a very poor family,and has always been poor,to present day,so ironically to me it did not matter what the government of the day was. Our lives are the same under apartheid and Anc alike,i am 51yo so i have much experience of living under both regimes.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: jellyrev

Most of the white workers in SA have now moved to the Cape, as whites aren't allowed to work now without a black partner and the only blacks that tend to get the jobs are those with ANC connections and friends family etc. They are now having to import food yet again as there are so few farmers left

This is only partly true. You do not NEED a black partner. It just benefits you much more to have one. We work with a BEEE (Black Enterprise Empowerment Equity). IN other words, the more Black people you have in high positions the more points you have. Govt tenders etc will only be given to those with the highest BEEE rating. You can still trade with many other smaller companies but the big boys all need proof of your BEEE rating.

As for the ' WHite Wrkers have moved to the CAPE" comment... that is rubbish. We have millions of whites in Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal and Limpopo. Although there is a big improvement in the Cape as it is predominantly run by the DA (Democratic Alliance).

Nepotism is massive and in my opinion is the only reason a really good system (BEEE) has been so detrimental for the country.

What was initially designed to "level the playing field" has been used to discriminate against, block and force other race groups out of the economy.

Noteworthy!!!: Mixed races and Indians were also "previosuly disadvantaged" under the Apartheid rule, yet see little or no reward for their hand in the fight for democracy and economic freedom within South Africa.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It would still mean the same thing,no matter how it's worded,though. I had a black friend who told me exactly the same thing,she felt her +her family's quality of life was actually much better in the days of the apartheid system. As regards this in general,although white i grew up in a very poor family,and has always been poor,to present day,so ironically to me it did not matter what the government of the day was. Our lives are the same under apartheid and Anc alike,i am 51yo so i have much experience of living under both regimes.

I too have spoken to many a black South African who claims they were happier in Apartheid rule. Whether or not they implement this thinking come voting time is another story.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

why not? we supported the jews when they did it to the palestinines.

Possibly the worst analogy I have EVER seen!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join