It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Zimbawe now South Africa.Backwards.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Hi Spider,long time no see. If you're ever in south Africa,that bbq is still waiting btw

What i would love to see are programmes in schools actively encouraging black youth to consider farming. It is a very dangerous profession for whites,so i doubt many white youth would be interested,but i don't see why the government should not invest heavily in producing generations of successful black farmers. In fact,to not do so,is imo,dangerously shortsighted.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: intrptr

Do you think it is acceptable to take the farms off of the white people there?

Africa isn't "white".

How come Africa is so resource rich and yet so poor?

No Africa isn't white but South Africa does have a fairly substantial white population. That section of the population is predominantly responsible for the entire economy.

To answer your question though, Africa is so resource rich and so poor because the rest of the world keeps robbing it. Not the White Africans who live there. The idiots abroad!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: Spider879

Hi Spider,long time no see. If you're ever in south Africa,that bbq is still waiting btw

What i would love to see are programmes in schools actively encouraging black youth to consider farming. It is a very dangerous profession for whites,so i doubt many white youth would be interested,but i don't see why the government should not invest heavily in producing generations of successful black farmers. In fact,to not do so,is imo,dangerously shortsighted.

"Dangerously shortsighted" kind of sums up the entire ANC rule though doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

A person can fight for what is theirs without vilification, as long as they do not do it under a flag or banner which promotes segregation, one group having power over another, or any form of tyranny what so ever. You fight tyrants, therefore you are not a tyrant. You fight them to replace them with another, then you get what you deserve, public opinion wise.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saibotkram1988

Africa isn't "white".

To answer your question though, Africa is so resource rich and so poor because the rest of the world keeps robbing it.

Thats why I asked the question to the imperialists. They didn't address it.

Case in Point. A huge oil deposit discovered off Nigerias coast. "Discovered by Exxon." The point being the Nigerians, one of the poorest countries in Africa, will not benefit from it much.

googled

edit on 9-3-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Random question for the people that seemed shocked or angered that white people own land in south africa...

How many generations can a family live there before they are considered africans?

Because I wager that many of these people that will lose their farms, have lived there for generations... to me they are African not european...just of a little pale.

Also if you folks have not read up on the murders that took place in zimbabwe, when the exact same thing happened... you really should, vilification of a single ethnic group in any country has never worked out really well for that group.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Are you in kwa Zulu natal? I ask because my buddy in Durban is constantly sending me pics in the weekend of his braii and the prices he tells me are crazy low. For meats anyway. When he was here visiting me he could not believe how expensive meat was. Gas down there us very expensive. In Durban at least. I would love to pay meat prices that he does. He eats better than anyone I know. Constant steak. Warthog. Kudu. Ostrich.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Are you in kwa Zulu natal? I ask because my buddy in Durban is constantly sending me pics in the weekend of his braii and the prices he tells me are crazy low. For meats anyway. When he was here visiting me he could not believe how expensive meat was. Gas down there us very expensive. In Durban at least. I would love to pay meat prices that he does. He eats better than anyone I know. Constant steak. Warthog. Kudu. Ostrich.

When you are convertin it back to Dollars of course it seems cheap. But please keep in mind the average salary in South Africa is $560 a month!...

Factor in petrol, rent/house payment and we're not doing to well down here.
edit on 9-3-2017 by Saibotkram1988 because: Incorrect

Also, game meat is not that popular and tends to be more expensive. I would imagine your friend stays in Kloof. A very wealthy area. Sounds like he is of the upper-middle to middle class bracket. Same can't be said for many South Africans.
edit on 9-3-2017 by Saibotkram1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Because I wager that many of these people that will lose their farms, have lived there for generations... to me they are African not european...just of a little pale.

EXACTLY!!!

Most of these white South African farmers. Or 'Boers' as we call them, have owned their land for donkeys years. I visited a farm in the Cape in December where the family had been on the land for 180 years...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Saibotkram1988

It's the same thing, taking land from one group of people and giving it to another, how is that different? Is it because a religion says it belongs to one group of people or is it the "right by might" doctrine? Right by might has been the rule of the land for a long time, it's why you have The United States of America.

South Africa is in a different situation, so I'm not saying anything about who does what.

It gets confusing when you see countries and people supporting one thing then not supporting the exact same thing some where else.
edit on 9-3-2017 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Those oil fields are now why you have the north and southern sudan. And they are clashing, as usual, at the borders.

It's all about those resources, as you already stated.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Saibotkram1988

Not wealthy but upper middle for sure. He is a metallurgist at non ferrous metal in n Durban

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

Those oil fields are now why you have the north and southern sudan. And they are clashing, as usual, at the borders.

It's all about those resources, as you already stated.

Lots of countries been renamed and or reordered over the age of african colonialism. The same European colonialism that waged genocide in the Caribbean, Central and South america, China, India and the "Indies", (known today as Malaysia).

A trail of treachery, slavery and murder sown by greedy, wealthy Europeans for centuries, ongoing to this very day.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Hii TST
We live in Mpumalanga Province,about 45 clix on the other side of the mountain from the capital Nelspruit/Mbombela,out in the Bush. Well maybe it depends on if you're a single person,when you have a family you have to buy bigger amounts of everything,but here by us meat is very expensive. Pork,sausage and chicken is not too outrageous,though not cheap. But lamb and beef is very pricey here.Cheese is very expensive too,and fresh produce. We pay for instance for a pack of braai chops,lamb loin chops,around 60 bucks for a pack of 3 chops.That's at Pick+Pay here.I have in my freezer now a 'bulk" pack consisting of just 6 small choppies and a few ribs for 150 bucks. For a family of 4,which often amounts to 6 cause my daughter's boyfriend and my friends' daughter often stays over,that gets really expensive to feed everyone meat. Which is why we usually eat chicken when we eat meat,it's a bit cheaper.

For winter i use cheaper cuts like chuck for casseroles and curries. And ground beef for lasagna and pasta dishes.We all love oxtail but that is a luxury. We sometimes indulge in winter though .Oxtail used to be a cheap cut but the price has skyrocketed in the past years for some reason. My husband blames the yuppies discovering the delights of oxtail:-)

The P+P don't sell venison and game,but i think one can get from some private butcheries,i do not know how much that cost. A local guy who has a croc farm sells crocodile for about,iirc,60 bucks per kg.

Gas is obscenely expensive locally,yes,everywhere.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

So..what becomes of us who had the bad luck to be born here? If you can call it bad luck. As pertains to this specific discussion,it would seem like bad luck. You are born into South Africa in 1965 as a white person. With no control over whatever your white ancestors through the centuries have done,here or anywhere else. You are never racist,you never support apartheid,you are of a poor family scrounging to make a living,and benefits not one iota from apartheid just because you happen to be white. You have more in common with the poor coloureds and blacks living on the other side of the railway bridge than with most of your white peers.

Because we know,if you are born poor,most of the time you are SOL,never mind your ethnicity,culture,creed or religion.And definitely never mind the regime of the day,where ever in the world you live.

These farmers and their ancestors have been here for centuries,many are direct descendants from Jan Van Riebeeck's and the French Hugenuots,eg. They founded modern South Africa,not just the agricultural but also the economic sectors,the infrastructure,everything.

We were born here,through no fault of our own,our ancestors built this country and has been here for centuries,we love South Africa and consider ourselves Africans,albeit white.White farmers have been feeding this nation for centuries,right up to the present day,despite thousands and thousands being slaughtered for their troubles.

No one can help where they are born,and NO ONE should be hated and slaughtered and have stolen from them the lands that feed the nation - most especially not because of their ethnicity.

Unless the ANC has a boatload of professional farmers to replace the ones whose land they want to seize. I hope so..otherwise in the foreseeable future - we ALL starve here of famine. EXCEPT of course,people like Zuma..he just hops onto a plane and goes live in luxury in a country that still has a food supply!!

edit on 9-3-2017 by Raxoxane because: spelling

edit on 9-3-2017 by Raxoxane because: spelling

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Over the years, on and off, I've had the privilege of working with a good many Afrikaners.
They are just and fair group of people.
All of what has happen there, is a direct result of the Clinton administration.

SA had become a full first world nation and a economic power house that threatened the Elite world order.
There is much I would like to say in this area, but I must refrain from doing so.

Buck

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

So..what becomes of us who had the bad luck to be born here? If you can call it bad luck. As pertains to this specific discussion,it would seem like bad luck.

'Israelites' claim ownership of Palestine, too.

Palestine, whats that?

Slow process of subjugation and purging of national identity and culture, takes centuries in some cases.

Why they are destroying heritage sites and artifacts in Syria for instance, and why they stuck pins in the tongues of native American and Hawaiian children for speaking their native tongue instead of english.

Reeducation, erasing a history, destroying a culture so future generations won't have any but the new paradigm to 'remember'. Year Zero.

It doesn'tt work, there are always those that refuse to capitulate, being taught the ancestral ways.

Look at the struggle for freedom and independence round the world, ongoing.

The US is still trying to subjugate Iraq, for instance. Afghanistan has been conquered many times but never subjugated. What a quagmire.
edit on 9-3-2017 by intrptr because: additional afghanistan

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Africa isn't "white".

Then europe and america are not 'black' .. so we can steal everything they own and you agree with it. thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

And here I thought that the African countries that rebelled against colonial rule during the 1960s and later did a good thing.

Goes to show that some people are so conceited about themselves, they believe that only white people should rule the world.

Don't let Spyder see this thread, he'd have a heart attack. I got over mine before I posted.

For real or even themselves.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Africa isn't "white".

Then europe and america are not 'black' .. so we can steal everything they own and you agree with it. thanks.

What? America and Europe don't have much natural resources, they steal it form others. 'Democratically' , of course.

You think we'd be in Iraq if their primary crop was Broccoli?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join