It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intruder seen on baby monitor camera in Billings home (or was it a ghost?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

all signs point to ...ghost

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

Her husband was in Helena on business and everything was locked down. This story is getting creepier by the minute.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Yes they do... I'm leaning heavily towards ghost as well.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
Here's some more details... All the windows were locked, all doors were dead bolted. The system is set up to send a picture via text message when motion is detected. They bought it because their toddler had started crawling out of her crib. Nothing in the house was missing except the remote to their dog's shock collar, a dog that apparently barked at everything but had missed this. The father of the child was in Helena, MT on business.

So now what do we have?

More to the story

Ghost or a hoax on the woman's part. Not a whole lot of other options.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think it would help to know some more about the history of the house/building/room, who lived there, did an accident happen even was someone killed there?
Btw, there's the photo of a black man standing behind a car while a girl took the photo, girl claims there was absolutely no black man there at this moment.. ghosts sure seem to have some kind of comeback this year.. or some guys want to jump onto the "4chan alien pic" hype train.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
T Shirt has a cat's ish ? face under his right arm ?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I believe there just might be something paranormal to this. It's a great photo and story. The image kind of reminds me of that old Black and White photo of a family seated at a dinner table and there is what appears to be a man hanging upside down through the roof above them, his arms both dangling above his head. Just like this image for him to physically be there his body would have to be through a wall. Very interesting indeed.

From what I can tell, the "intruder" is not the correct size in relation to his position when compared to items around him. I understand that perspective can skew relative sizes in photos, though not to the extremes we see here. When we compare him to the crib it does appear he would (as you describe), have to be on his knees. I believe his position puts his legs into the floor below him. Most cribs are about 12inches in leg length from the bottom rung to the floor. The average man is closer to 24inches from knee to beltline. His position appears to put the bottom rung very near to his beltline therefor he would have to be seated or standing in a large hole. This is not common behavior amongst intruders. That being said the blur of the eye reflections would indicate movement. Unless people are silently skooting around people's houses on their butts these days, I think this would indicate another motive for him being there.

When you take into account he is facing away from the crib looking at the camera, it becomes obvious the child is not his target.

I agree with your physical description which also brings up questions about his clothing not being appropriate for the climate. I see the V neck but I believe what you describe as a card or what have you hanging from his neck is actually a drink in his left hand. Most criminals don't include a drink as a critical component to their break in kit.

When we examine the situation and realize that there were no signs of a break in, no witness, no robbery ,and No noises that would indicate a human physically being there we have to open our minds, exploring avenues of investigation even if they point to conclusions we are not comfortable with.

Great find OP! ATS has become a political forum instead of the curious that brought most of us here. It is nice to see some of the old ATS coming through. Thank You!
edit on 3-3-2017 by wastedown because: grammar nazi evasion

edit on 3-3-2017 by wastedown because: grammar nazi evasion again

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Ah, but the remote to the shock collar is missing. The shock collar that is worn by the dog "who barks at everything"? I think this dude is living on her property. And I bet the collar remote is on the premises. Maybe he has made friends with the dog (having time to do this when the family is gone from the house).

You are right. Either a ghost or an unauthorized roommate. But I think the dog would have seen the ghost and barked, as I was always under the impression that animals can see ghosts much better than humans.

I just feel it is more likely to have been an actual living human, because of the missing shock collar remote. It just strikes me as something a human animal would do to take the collar remote and make friends with the family dog (and he would have had ample opportunity to do so if he is living in the home). By doing this, he is making it easier to walk about the house at night without arousing any suspicion.

Plus, while it is creepy, that photo looks rather solid and dense for an apparition. JMO.

edit on 3-3-2017 by DustbowlDebutante because: typo

edit on 3-3-2017 by DustbowlDebutante because: another typo

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My vote is human, possible tattoo on right arm? Human because of light reflection from eyes caused by flash of camera on the monitor.

Must have been horrifying to see that image come up!! Is quite puzzling that the person wasn't found though.....

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

In the second video I posted, it shows the house is in the Emma Jean Subdivision in Heights, on the corner of Bitterroot Drive and Wicks Lane. I pulled up Trulia to find homes for sale in that area and found a brand new one, looks like the homes are fairly new which could explain things as well. If it IS a human then he could have been involved in the construction of that house and knew of ways to get in. The remote could have also been taken to control the dog's bark if he DID get caught or seen... And there seem to be basements in these houses. Check this open house out.

House for Sale on Trulia

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

It looks like a new area, so if it's haunted, it could be one of those things where the house was built on an indian burial ground or something. My first thought was that whatever it is, is sitting down next to the crib, maybe thinking about what he'll do next.

You're welcome, I like to get away from all the politics myself... I've gotten real tired of them lately. Plus we all seem to get along great when politics aren't in the picture.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
ive never heard of a baby monitor system that snaps a picture and texts it to you every time motion is detected. Is that a new thing? All my kids have been restless sleepers so that would be a crazy number of text messages. But it makes sense that they had to keep tabs on a wandering toddler at night.

The update adds greatly to the creepy factor. Yikes!!!

And the missing dog shock collar remote is odd... but given how frequently I missplace tv remotes, keys, cell phones, my first thought was that it was misplaced. Or the smart doggie buried it.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Very bizarre story to say the least.
I find it difficult to believe a guy would have the shock collar remote and was shocking the dog the entire time he was in there to keep the dog quiet. You would think the dog would be scrambling about or doing something that wasn't normal while being shocked. The dog certainly wouldn't be sleeping through it.
Every door and window secured after the supposed intrusion makes an already bizarre story more mysterious.
My opinion is either a hoax or something paranormal.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Grandpa! You sly devil you!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Beautiful home.... After LairdTarby above pointed out the reflection of light from either the man's eyes or glasses, I definitely think it was a real live human.

If this guy was involved in the construction of this home, beyond knowing how to get into the home undetected, he may also have known about a crawl space or hidey hole that the owners aren't even aware of! Shoot, he may have been living/hiding in this house since before the family even moved in. I think this idea is even creepier than if the man was just a ghost.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think it's a human.

The IR camera light is bouncing off of the white in his eyeballs.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

I've "misplaced" my entire set of keys before, only to find them days later in a little wicker basket on top of my fridge that I hadn't pulled down to use in over a week. My keys were below everything else in it. I'd blame it on my fiance but the entire time I couldn't find them, I'd have to leave the house unlocked and I know she would have confessed if it was her.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I don't think the dog was being shocked. I think that if it was an intruder and he took the remote, he would have done so to shock the dog just in case he was noticed... There are a lot of paths this story can go down. I'd be extremely disappointed if it was a hoax though.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DustbowlDebutante

Beautiful home.... After LairdTarby above pointed out the reflection of light from either the man's eyes or glasses, I definitely think it was a real live human.

If this guy was involved in the construction of this home, beyond knowing how to get into the home undetected, he may also have known about a crawl space or hidey hole that the owners aren't even aware of! Shoot, he may have been living/hiding in this house since before the family even moved in. I think this idea is even creepier than if the man was just a ghost.

much creepier

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I was gonna say this too. It's not a flash but the ir from the camera making his eyes glow. As to how he got there, my guess is he has a key or at least found one while he was there. If the husband isn't involved then id say it was a burglary in progress when the wife and child arrived home, and the guy waited until they were asleep to vacate the premises.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join