It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intruder seen on baby monitor camera in Billings home (or was it a ghost?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Thats no ghost, see the reflection in the eyeglasses?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
I think it's a human.

The IR camera light is bouncing off of the white in his eyeballs.

IR cams can pick up ghosts... Either way, this story is about as creepy as it gets.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

BILLINGS, Mont. -
The Billings Police Department is making the public aware of an incident which took place in the Billings Heights in the area of the Emma Jean subdivision.

On February 23 at about 9:30 at night, Billings police responded to a possible burglary.

It was a frightening night for one woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, after she says she saw a man on the baby monitor in her infant daughter's room.

The victim says the baby monitor is synced to her cell phone and is motion activated.

After the victim says she saw the picture of a man in her daughter's room, she immediately removed her daughter from the bedroom and left the house.

By the time BPD arrived, the suspect was gone.

If you have any information about the suspect, contact the billings police department at 657.8200 or crime stoppers at 245.6660.

First of all, this would have to be a scary thing to wake up to. Anybody with a child can understand the woman running in there and grabbing her child immediately, because nothing will stop you from putting yourself in harms way to save your children. I commend her for that, very brave.

There are some people saying that this could have been a ghost also, because there are no signs of a break-in (I don't have a source for that), and it was well below freezing that night and this intruder is in short sleeves. At first glance, I thought it was a ghost also, because it looks like an older man that wouldn't be capable of silently breaking in or handling the weather without warmth. Very interesting to say the least. Plus, no suspect has been found.

What you guys think??

Story Here

Creepy factor through the roof on this one.

I am going to roll in a different direction here.

I am guessing this is the guy she is cheating on her husband with. Husband was out of town, she had this guy over for the night, he accidentally or whatever went into the room and a picture was snapped. The dog knows him and doesn't bark because he has been there plenty of times with her. He has on short sleeves because he was staying there, not breaking in. She had to claim it was an intruder because the husband gets the pics auto texted to him as well and she obviously couldn't own up to it being her man on the side.

So....I guess we will never actually know but maybe another update will come through.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What's causing the reflection? There's no flash.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

BILLINGS, Mont. -
The Billings Police Department is making the public aware of an incident which took place in the Billings Heights in the area of the Emma Jean subdivision.

On February 23 at about 9:30 at night, Billings police responded to a possible burglary.

It was a frightening night for one woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, after she says she saw a man on the baby monitor in her infant daughter's room.

The victim says the baby monitor is synced to her cell phone and is motion activated.

After the victim says she saw the picture of a man in her daughter's room, she immediately removed her daughter from the bedroom and left the house.

By the time BPD arrived, the suspect was gone.

If you have any information about the suspect, contact the billings police department at 657.8200 or crime stoppers at 245.6660.

First of all, this would have to be a scary thing to wake up to. Anybody with a child can understand the woman running in there and grabbing her child immediately, because nothing will stop you from putting yourself in harms way to save your children. I commend her for that, very brave.

There are some people saying that this could have been a ghost also, because there are no signs of a break-in (I don't have a source for that), and it was well below freezing that night and this intruder is in short sleeves. At first glance, I thought it was a ghost also, because it looks like an older man that wouldn't be capable of silently breaking in or handling the weather without warmth. Very interesting to say the least. Plus, no suspect has been found.

What you guys think??

Story Here

Creepy factor through the roof on this one.

I am going to roll in a different direction here.

I am guessing this is the guy she is cheating on her husband with. Husband was out of town, she had this guy over for the night, he accidentally or whatever went into the room and a picture was snapped. The dog knows him and doesn't bark because he has been there plenty of times with her. He has on short sleeves because he was staying there, not breaking in. She had to claim it was an intruder because the husband gets the pics auto texted to him as well and she obviously couldn't own up to it being her man on the side.

So....I guess we will never actually know but maybe another update will come through.

Sounds a lot more plausible than a ghost story.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: eisegesis

If the husband isn't involved then id say it was a burglary in progress when the wife and child arrived home, and the guy waited until they were asleep to vacate the premises.

I hadn't even thought of that....a burglary in progress, so he hid and then tried to leave once the mom and baby were asleep. Maybe he took the collar remote with him as he left, in order to keep the dog quiet if/when he comes back to finish the job.

I think maybe the camera made some sort of noise when the motion detector was tripped and the photo was taken. The noise would have made him turn to look in the direction of the noise, the photo was taken, then while the mom was freaking out, he hauled some serious ass outta there.

The only problem with him leaving is.....how did he lock the deadbolts on the doors behind himself?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Those are some oddly shaped glasses. I don't know maybe some kind of pareidolia? A t-shirt and a hat with glitter applications falling to the floor?
It's so spooky

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That's a logical direction as well... But my question would be why is he sitting beside the crib, or even in the baby room at all. Plus it only caught one pic. You would think it would have caught more, at least one more.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

Every scenario ends with more questions. To be a fly on the wall that night.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I thought I saw glasses, too, but then I didn't. This is all crazy.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

What's causing the reflection? There's no flash.

The same light source lighting the side of the baby crib and the foreground...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Those are some oddly shaped glasses. I don't know maybe some kind of pareidolia? A t-shirt and a hat with glitter applications falling to the floor?
It's so spooky

The really spooky thing is the real world possibility of an intruder in the babies room...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
To me, the person in the photo looks like a woman, possibly wearing a v-necked t-shirt with a light-colored cat, or lamb on the front.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Are we even totally certain this is a man? I'm looking at it, and I think that due to the poor quality and darkness of the photo, this could plausibly be a woman in a v-neck t-shirt with her hair pulled back, too. The chest area of the t-shirt is not definitive as to whether or not there are boobs under it. Baggy t-shirt + smaller boobs or sports bra = hard to tell, even in broad daylight sometimes.

After all, it wouldn't be the first time some crazy lady tried to steal a baby... Although, I think they usually nab them before they are toddlers, no? I just assumed they usually want them as new babies...six months old or less.

link   
There are so many stories of people living in someones attic, cellar or whatever. Before coming to the conclusion it's a ghost, I'd search every inch of that house for possible hide outs.

link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

That's a logical direction as well... But my question would be why is he sitting beside the crib, or even in the baby room at all. Plus it only caught one pic. You would think it would have caught more, at least one more.

No idea why he would be in that position, maybe he had to get something in there that was left earlier and was crawling in and back out....I know I used to do this ALL the time when my kids were still in their cribs...didn't want them to see me if they woke up and start screaming to get out of bed.

It is likely set up to just snap a single pic of the motion every so often.

And the image on the shirt is a Mushroom by the way....it is similar to the pic below, obviously not the exact same, but similar with the "cap" slightly upturned and the stem below.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

The remote for the shock collar missing freaked me out. I have been looking all morning for the remote for our dog's collar and can't find it anywhere...creepy.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
To me, the person in the photo looks like a woman, possibly wearing a v-necked t-shirt with a light-colored cat, or lamb on the front.

I 'see' a goatee and what looks to be a tattoo down the right forearm.

Definitely male.

Not a cheating wife either, the report said she notified police.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
My stomach dropped seeing that picture. Very very creepy. Natural explanations don't make a lot of sense unless this is a hoax.

Thanks for sharing.

ETA: What is odd too is that he seems to be down on his knees (crib level) ... and where is his right arm? I gotta stop looking at the picture. Person or ghost or hoax, it creeps me out to look at him.

I would like to see a daytime, normal camera shot of that bedroom and crib area because you are right, something is just not in proportion with that picture.
He is on his knees or is 3 feet tall.
And to have a dog that normally barks at everything, unless you have a 10,000 sq ft house, a dog like that will hear something.
I live in a 2000 sq ft house, and my dogs will bark at something blowing through the yard in the middle of the night.
This story is giving me goosebumps lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That's just the infrared camera. There doesn't have to be a light source. And if there is, it appears very bright.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join