It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intruder seen on baby monitor camera in Billings home (or was it a ghost?)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

BILLINGS, Mont. -
The Billings Police Department is making the public aware of an incident which took place in the Billings Heights in the area of the Emma Jean subdivision.

On February 23 at about 9:30 at night, Billings police responded to a possible burglary.

It was a frightening night for one woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, after she says she saw a man on the baby monitor in her infant daughter's room.

The victim says the baby monitor is synced to her cell phone and is motion activated.

After the victim says she saw the picture of a man in her daughter's room, she immediately removed her daughter from the bedroom and left the house.

By the time BPD arrived, the suspect was gone.

If you have any information about the suspect, contact the billings police department at 657.8200 or crime stoppers at 245.6660.

First of all, this would have to be a scary thing to wake up to. Anybody with a child can understand the woman running in there and grabbing her child immediately, because nothing will stop you from putting yourself in harms way to save your children. I commend her for that, very brave.

There are some people saying that this could have been a ghost also, because there are no signs of a break-in (I don't have a source for that), and it was well below freezing that night and this intruder is in short sleeves. At first glance, I thought it was a ghost also, because it looks like an older man that wouldn't be capable of silently breaking in or handling the weather without warmth. Very interesting to say the least. Plus, no suspect has been found.

What you guys think??

Story Here
edit on 3-3-2017 by LSU0408 because: To add picture

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
i think it could be a ghost, if so, she has nothing to worry about
edit on 3-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
My stomach dropped seeing that picture. Very very creepy. Natural explanations don't make a lot of sense unless this is a hoax.

Thanks for sharing.

ETA: What is odd too is that he seems to be down on his knees (crib level) ... and where is his right arm? I gotta stop looking at the picture. Person or ghost or hoax, it creeps me out to look at him.
edit on 3-3-2017 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

he looks kind, i think that babies can see ghosts (being that they just came from that realm...reincarnation) and ghosts are drawn to them. The ones stuck here want to be noticed.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Dang that is creepy. And it's like he's looking right at the camera. Almost looks ghostly as you stare at the image.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I think he just has a skinny arm. At first glance, it looks just like a ghost. When I heard the story on the news, they said the woman ran in there screaming and making as many loud noises as she could, grabbed her baby as fast as she could grab it, and ran out, locked herself in a room, and called the cops. There's a lot more to this story, in my opinion, than we're able to read about. I'm anxious to see where it leads. And like you, I get the chills whenever I see that picture.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
Dang that is creepy. And it's like he's looking right at the camera. Almost looks ghostly as you stare at the image.

Exactly!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think you are right ... I see the skinny arm now that I'm looking at the pic on my phone. Old man? Methhead? Baby's dad? (Becuase is he mentioned anywhere? Maybe her ex trying to get baby ?) Ghost?

Also could this be some technical issue with the monitor? I know those internet based baby monitors are known for getting hacked ... but I don't know if an intentional hack or accidental glitch would trigger the motion sensor.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Looks like a old bald man in a white short sleeved shirt V neck, glasses perhaps.. and he have somehing haning around his neck, looks like a access card or name tag

I enhanced it

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Holy $hit that's creepy

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

My phones alarm went off as soon as I stared into the picture lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I sincerely hope that the woman or the pd checked all of the unused portions of her home, like the attic, basement, etc... Every now and then we hear about some weirdo living in a family's attic or basement and only coming out when the family is away from the home or asleep. I think the only thing scarier than that picture coming up on your baby monitor would be living in your home and finding out you had an uninvited guest staying there with you that you aren't even aware of!

The fact that the guy was not properly attired for the weather outside, no signs of breaking in, guy seemed to vanish into thin air.... This is what makes me think he could possibly be staying in the house, unbeknownst to this woman.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

A meth head in short sleeves makes sense because you don't feel the cold weather and could freeze to death without even knowing. No mention of a father anywhere, or an ex that I can find. My opinion has been narrowed down to a ghost or a meth head, but supposedly there were no signs of a break in. On a hacked mobile, I don't think the motion would be triggered.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
We need more pictures..
We need the video footage..
to many questions to few details.
Screams hoax to me, maybe the mom is just really lonely and this a cry for attention?

Also, would ir motion sensing tech even detect a ghost? Doesn't sound right to me.
edit on 3-3-2017 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Thanks for the enhancement, you made by butt pucker when I scrolled down... I noticed the v-neck shirt and something like a card hanging on his neck. Almost looks as if he's clutching it. Freaking creepy.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo

My phones alarm went off as soon as I stared into the picture lol.

Did your heart skip a beat??

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

Exactly, it's either that or an apparition. It would almost have to be. Search for any possible crawl space and check the attic. It's in Montana so I'm assuming there's a basement? We don't have basements down here where I live.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

I don't know... The story doesn't mention anything about a ghost, that's my personal opinion (and hope). The woman says intruder. There's just no signs of one.

I'll do some research to see if I can find anything else. BRB

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I really don't know if basements are common in that area or not. I've been to montana, stayed the night in a hotel there, but don't know much about the local building trends. I'm in SW Oklahoma and we have some basements in houses, but not a ton. We are more likely to have a storm shelter than a basement, I think.

But if she has a basement or storm shelter, I hope they checked it. Ditto for the attic space. Heck, they may even need to check the crawl space under the house, if the house isn't built on a concrete pad...

As I was a single mom totally on my own, with a five month old baby in the beginning and up until he was ten years old, I can't imagine how terrifying this must have been for this mom. I would have never spent another night in that house and I would have packed my stuff up and moved IMMEDIATELY, come hell or high water!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Here's some more details... All the windows were locked, all doors were dead bolted. The system is set up to send a picture via text message when motion is detected. They bought it because their toddler had started crawling out of her crib. Nothing in the house was missing except the remote to their dog's shock collar, a dog that apparently barked at everything but had missed this. The father of the child was in Helena, MT on business.

So now what do we have?

More to the story

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join