It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is my logic about relationships?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

originally posted by: Groot
Dude, don't bring up relationship stuff .

This situation is happening completely online. In my experience, it's normal when a man and a woman are having extended discussions online for them to lay out the boundaries such as whether a relationship is a possibility or not. It seems necessary to me when there are so many unknowns involved, and people have very different goals.

a reply to: KansasGirl

This situation is only happening online, and she's in a relationship which is in trouble.

That last part: then run away. It never ends well, a relationship that starts when one of you is on the tail end of another relationship. At the very least, it shows that she doesnt respect her current man enough to end the relationship proper before trying to start another one.
edit on 1-3-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
If you'd said that to me, I'd probably never speak to you again. It's tantamount to being told "I like you but I'm not going to pursue anything with you unless you come for me" and you've just said she's in a relationship... Which means you've got no standard, or you're hoping she doesn't.

You also said you're not after sex before marriage, not after a relationship yourself, but happy to take what you can get from a woman who is also in a relationship.

As I have said to many men in the past, "Sh*t, or get off the pot."

You're a time waster who wants to keep women hanging in case they think there is a chance for them. Are you really that desperate? This isn't how relationships work, so yeah, I'd say your thinking is pretty illogical.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Lulzaroonie because: additional

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I've completely changed my mind about this issue after considering it more. If she leaves her significant other, then I'll ask her if she's interested in me romantically.

I'm just so glad that she didn't comment on the thing I mentioned in the original post. My guess is that she's thinking I have no chance with her anyway which is exactly what I was thinking. By the standards most people go by she's way out of my league especially with her already being in a relationship. She probably read the thing I mentioned in the original post and thought, "Keep dreaming" because she has men after her all the time. With that said, she is not treating me like I'm out of her league for reasons I don't want to discuss.

a reply to: Lulzaroonie

I would say you and her are at opposite ends of the spectrum. If the two of you tried to reconcile your differences of opinion, it would be an impossible task. Same with you and I. It's not even worth starting.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Crikey, you need some serious help mate.

Get that looked at would ya?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

By the standards most people go by she's way out of my league

"She" could be a guy for all you know, you have never even met this person.

This situation is happening completely online.

This is a lot of speculation about someone you have never even actually SEEN.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I would say you and her are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Sorry, which spectrum is that? Is that the one where at one end, you're an internet hunk with all the babes you'll never meet, and the other end where it's actually just you clumsily grapsing at straws for female attention?

You're a whiner, who tries to dissect women using forums on the internet. It's not just a difference of opinion we've got, I think we're sharing a completely different reality where you think women are some big mystery because they don't like you. Could be because you're on an internet forum asking strangers whether they think your irrational thinking about women is normal, they tell you no, and you defend your entitlement to a woman you couldn't even decide you wanted a few hours ago...
edit on 2-3-2017 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

That's quite impossible. This person has seemingly everyone on a huge forum vouching for them.

originally posted by: Lulzaroonie

You're a whiner

Give me one post where I have ever "whined" about anything. I'll be waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

edit on 2-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I prescribe a huge dose of "go out and meet women in person". That ought to clear it up.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I prescribe a huge dose of "go out and meet women in person". That ought to clear it up.

It looks like you forgot the premise of this thread. I'm not looking for a relationship. I can't stress that enough. This case could be a huge exception. I have no trouble with women liking me. None at all.

Please don't miss the challenge I directed to you above:

Give me one post where I have ever "whined" about anything. I'll be waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'll be keeping an eye out, this is getting good.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Meeting women in person will give you an accurate portrayal of how women think and feel about you. I've a feeling you're cripplingly shy or incapable in some way of meeting women and conversing with them in person which is why you haven't/won't. This is evidenced by your 37 threads and the content within those threads about women and relationships on this forum, alone.

If you believe you only need to know women for the purpose of having a relationship, this is probably the first part of a much larger problem you have with women.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

i am possibly the worst font of " relationship advice " you could call upon - but :

your OP reads to me as :

i cannot be arsed to ask you out - but if you ask me out - i shall say yes

i hope my interpretation shows you the errors of your " loigic "

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What profusion thinks women want from him

What women actually want from him

edit on 2-3-2017 by Archonic because: cloud people

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Honestly, I can't read through this sh*t and not think it's being written as some cruel fanfiction cosplay. Are you serious??

Spiritually Violeted Twice in a Row? - "I think if you review what you wrote in the thread linked to in the original post, you may understand how I felt after my last real-life girlfriend tried to break up with me the way she did."

- "I have to make a distinction between the relationship that only happened online and on the phone with the last one that was a real-life relationship."

Why Don't Women Ask Men Out On First Dates? - like the entire first post.

Are you seriously serious? Not trolling 100% actually being for real? Because if not, you actually need help.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

This is evidenced by your 37 threads and the content within those threads about women and relationships on this forum, alone.

I know you're exaggerating with that number. However, I just went through my threads and I only found one thread that I posted in the Relationships forum that was about a specific encounter with a woman. It was about a success from my point of view.

A stranger asked me to marry her today...

There are a couple of threads in the Gray Area forum that I posted on the topic.

12-Hour Soul Makeover via an Internet Chat

That was a success.

Hello, self, who are you?

In that case, I ended up giving up on the woman I discussed in the thread because I lost interest in her.

There was a recent thread I posted about a related issue in the Rant forum. There was no complaining about relationships in that thread, and it was about someone being interested in me. It was about work problems related to a potential relationship.

I'm tired of being crazy

I believe those are only ones, and none of them were about definitely negative experiences with women.

a reply to: Lulzaroonie

You're taking describing the facts of various situations as "whining." I use this forum as type of therapy, so laying out the facts to a bad situation can come across that way.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Matey sonny jim lad, sorry but I click to your profile page and all down the left side is the number of threads you've made in each forum. 37 in relationships. Don't make me screenshot stuff, it's very tedious and I am so enjoying just typing this right now.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Lulzaroonie because: left v right

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Matey sonny jim lad, sorry but I click to your profile page and all down the right side is the number of threads you've made in each forum. 37 in relationships. Don't make me screenshot stuff, it's very tedious and I am so enjoying just typing this right now.

Almost all of my threads in the Relationships forum are about philosophical issues. I want to know if you consider the original post in the following thread to be "whining":

The Perils of Hypocrisy

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Matey sonny jim lad, sorry but I click to your profile page and all down the right side is the number of threads you've made in each forum. 37 in relationships. Don't make me screenshot stuff, it's very tedious and I am so enjoying just typing this right now.

Almost all of my threads in the Relationships forum are about philosophical issues. I want to know if you consider the original post in the following thread to be "whining":

The Perils of Hypocrisy

I was recently dressed down for my potential "immorality" by a friend. I don't mind that at all except for the fact that this person is such a liar that I consider them to be amoral.

yes.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

The Perils of Hypocrisy

I was recently dressed down for my potential "immorality" by a friend. I don't mind that at all except for the fact that this person is such a liar that I consider them to be amoral.

yes.

Just giving the facts is not "whining." That's all I needed to know. The definition of "whine" that you're trying to apply to this situation is "to complain with or as if with a whine" according to Merriam-Webster. I wasn't complaining there. I was simply stating the facts. There's no whining without complaining in the sense that you're using the word "whine."

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

So what your're saying is; you ARE coming onto an internet forum asking complete strangers to validate your creepy and weird ways of thinking, in a totally non-ironic, actually serious way...

Ok dude, I'll look out for you in the news.

Edit: don't get all Mirriam-Webster on me. Get a thesaurus next time - whining can mean to complain feebly, which is all I see in your posts.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join